IL problems

Pocket and Bunz,
Interesting point you both make. The last question was the one I was going to ask. What would we do? Religion is at the core of terrorism. They want us dead. How do you get around that?

my point is that we turned out out self, and the idea we dont deal with terrorist is false, we do. I would have moved harder against al qaeda in Afganistan, and I would cut off all funds to SA. SA should be dealt with like Iran, even though Ik now that would screw our econ up. As far as pulling our troops out of SA< from what I have heard, it sounds more like pulled out, rather then where told to leave.

Werbung:
The affidavit quotes Blagojevich telling an adviser later that day that a Senate seat "is a [expletive] valuable thing, you just don't give it away for nothing."
In a conversation with Harris on Nov. 4, the day of the election, Blagojevich is alleged to have compared his situation to that of a sports agent shopping a potential free agent to the highest bidder.

On Nov. 5, Blagojevich allegedly told an adviser: "I've got this thing and it's [expletive] golden, and, uh, uh, I'm just not giving it up for [expletive] nothing. I'm not gonna do it."

Reading the above quote from the wiretap, I can certainly understand how someone could read illegal intent into it. However, I don't think anything in the quoted text is illegal per se. A senate seat is valuable, and expecting some sort of political Quid Pro Quo is a reasonable expectation. Reading personnal monetary gain into this quote is merely an assumption. Expecting the Gov. to appoint someone without Quid Pro Quo, is to assume all politicians are dumber than dirt.

Without context, the wiretap info is just inflamatory, not illegal.

I had alluded to this little transcript as being possibly weak. He is right that the seat in the US Senate is valuable and certainly it would be unwise to appoint someone who wouldnt scratch your back once in place. That is how politics is played. But demanding money or gifts is completely out of line.

what would we do ? try to actuly run the place? find a moderate who could? only thing we could do to them is kill so many they just dont want to fight anymore..
POFS, this would be a very difficult undertaking and I dont have the perfect answer, I dont think anyone does. But it always bugs me that we are so in the pocket of a country who treats half of the poppulation as slaves, are in no way a democracy, and quietly hate Israel and has provided financial support towards the destruction of Israel. We have ensured thier military safety and thier fiscal health for decades, and thier citizens return the favor by killing our civilians and destroying our landmarks.

If I didnt have a major preference towards diplomacy, Id say turn that desert into glass. :eek:

Werbung:
Pocket and Bunz,
Interesting point you both make. The last question was the one I was going to ask. What would we do? Religion is at the core of terrorism. They want us dead. How do you get around that?

I disagree that religion is at the core of terrorism. There are plenty of terrorists who have not been driven religion. See Tim McVeigh as a notable example. Religion is often times used as a bogus justification, in the eyes of the sociopathic bastards that commit those acts.

Politics I truly think is at the heart of most terrorism. God and a presence in "heaven" is often times the crutch used, but it is most often political policy that is most often the cause of this.

Back