Illegal alien voting

Werbung:
A current up date on the problem from Heritage:

http://www.heritage.org/Research/LegalIssues/lm28.cfm

Oregon has a horrible case of illegal voting. A person can register to vote without ever having met an official voting person, or showing any sort of ID.

You just walk into any clinic, post office, DMV, counseling office and pick up the register card, fill it out and in 4-6 weeks you get your voter card, then when it comes time to vote you get a thing in the mail to fill out and send back. You never actually meet or see anyone official.

There have been cases of people voting in fake names, maiden names, multiple names.

Illegal aliens get a drivers license at DMV and they are auto registered to vote. They call it the motor voter act.

And if you are a registered republican your signature is looked at closer. The years I was a registered republican my vote did not count. I got a letter in the mail a few weeks after the election saying my signature did not match. I re registered as a democrat and now I have never had that problems since.

Oregon has a horrible case of illegal voting. A person can register to vote without ever having met an official voting person, or showing any sort of ID.

You just walk into any clinic, post office, DMV, counseling office and pick up the register card, fill it out and in 4-6 weeks you get your voter card, then when it comes time to vote you get a thing in the mail to fill out and send back. You never actually meet or see anyone official.

There have been cases of people voting in fake names, maiden names, multiple names.

Illegal aliens get a drivers license at DMV and they are auto registered to vote. They call it the motor voter act.

And if you are a registered republican your signature is looked at closer. The years I was a registered republican my vote did not count. I got a letter in the mail a few weeks after the election saying my signature did not match. I re registered as a democrat and now I have never had that problems since.

Where democrats control things, they have no interest in stopping illegal alien invaders from voting - they know an IAI stopped at the polls is a lost democrat vote.

Where democrats control things, they have no interest in stopping illegal alien invaders from voting - they know an IAI stopped at the polls is a lost democrat vote.

yeah probably true. This year could be differnt though. Almost every mexican I know even here in Oregon does not like Obama at all. They like McCain. They like Hillary Clinton better than McCain but they like McCain a lot better than Obama, so that could backfire unless Obama takes Richardson for his vp. I hope he doesnt.

I think vote by mail should be illegal. you should have to prove who you are when you sign up to vote, and you should have to prove who you are when you are casting your vote.

yeah probably true. This year could be differnt though. Almost every mexican I know even here in Oregon does not like Obama at all. They like McCain. They like Hillary Clinton better than McCain but they like McCain a lot better than Obama, so that could backfire unless Obama takes Richardson for his vp. I hope he doesnt.

I don't know about your friends but the polls show Obama beating McCain handily among Hispanics. In fact a recent Pew Survey had some rather troubling numbers for McCain:

Hispanics

Obama-66%
McCain-23%

Of Mexican descent

Obama-70%
McCain-21%

Even 25% of Republican Hispanics said they were going to vote for Obama. Bush got almost 40% of the Hispanic vote in 2004 so McCain appears to be lagging far behind that number. This kind of advantage can only help Obama in states with large Hispanic populations and several of those are pivotal.

Maybe America's form of capitalism has been broken and needs to be fixed. Why would you have so many illegals in the country anyway who are obviously needed to fill hundreds of thousands of jobs? Maybe they are working in industries which can't afford to pay wages that americans would accept.

Capitalism gone bad because of greed which takes the money out of the hands of the people and puts it in the hands of the rich?

Maybe America's form of capitalism has been broken and needs to be fixed. Why would you have so many illegals in the country anyway who are obviously needed to fill hundreds of thousands of jobs? Maybe they are working in industries which can't afford to pay wages that americans would accept.

The typical dimwitted take on things by someone utterly clueless about market dynamics. In the absence of the illegal alien invaders, companies would simply be forced to raise wages to the point where some American would take the job. When the price of fuel doubled the cost of food, did farmers and grocers simply go out of business? Nooooooooo....... Same for the price of labor. The other consequence is that a market incentive is created for tasks formerly performed by unskilled workers to be automated.

First of all, I've reported your post for calling me dimwitted and utterly clueless. That is against the rules!

And the problem remains that you have hundreds of thousands of illegal workers in your country which you people appear to think is a problem. I'm not sure if it's a problem or not but that's not important. I couldn't care less how far your standard of living declines. Your brand of greedy capitalism has created a situation where you need cheap labour because your industries can't compete without it. For example, who's going to buy your tomatoes if they aren't cheap? They're not even good tomatoes.

Your problem, deal with it and stop asking me for help. That's not my job!

The link talks about noncitizens voting, not necessarily illegal aliens. There is a difference. It still seems to me to be unlikely that many illegals vote, or do anything else that might bring attention to their illegal status.

Be that what it may, there is no way that this situation should continue. Voter registration is much too lax. First time registration should be somewhat akin to getting a passport, minus the $100 fee. That way, we at least know that voters are legally entitled to vote. Voting by mail needs to end, and registered voters should have to show a picture ID.

Once that is done, if we could just screen out the mindless sheep who always vote the same ticket, or who base their votes on half truths and outright lies seen in political ads, maybe government of the people could have a chance.

The link talks about noncitizens voting, not necessarily illegal aliens. There is a difference. It still seems to me to be unlikely that many illegals vote, or do anything else that might bring attention to their illegal status.

Go reread. The only thing that is TRACEABLE (and then only when someone is interested in finding out, and can overcome the indifference or obstruction of local officials) is non-citizens, the article speculated that if there are as many TRACEABLE non-citizens voting, how many UN-TRACEABLE illegal alien invaders, who have every incentive to vote and are here in the millions, who vote? Again, from the article:

The frequent claim that illegal aliens do not register in order "to stay below the radar"[16] misses the fact that many aliens apparently believe that the potential benefit of registering far outweighs the chances of being caught and prosecuted. Many district attorneys will not prosecute what they see as a "victimless and non-violent" crime that is not a priority.[17]

Be that what it may, there is no way that this situation should continue. Voter registration is much too lax. First time registration should be somewhat akin to getting a passport, minus the $100 fee. That way, we at least know that voters are legally entitled to vote. Voting by mail needs to end, and registered voters should have to show a picture ID.

Once that is done, if we could just screen out the mindless sheep who always vote the same ticket, or who base their votes on half truths and outright lies seen in political ads, maybe government of the people could have a chance.

The technology is there to do REAL ID any day, and it is improving all the time. It is not done because democrat politicians and corporate interests don't want it done.

Go reread. The only thing that is TRACEABLE (and then only when someone is interested in finding out, and can overcome the indifference or obstruction of local officials) is non-citizens, the article speculated that if there are as many TRACEABLE non-citizens voting, how many UN-TRACEABLE illegal alien invaders, who have every incentive to vote and are here in the millions, who vote? Again, from the article:

The technology is there to do REAL ID any day, and it is improving all the time. It is not done because democrat politicians and corporate interests don't want it done.

Democrat politicians? Do you mean like the ones who had the White House and Congress for six years and did squat to end illegal immigration, that kind of Democrats?

You know, the ones with R after their names, that really is the first letter of RINO?

Another argument against national ID is that it might lead to more government surveillance and interference in people's lives.

the article speculated that if there are as many TRACEABLE non-citizens voting, how many UN-TRACEABLE illegal alien invaders, who have every incentive to vote and are here in the millions, who vote? Again, from the article:

And I'm speculating that there aren't very many who are brave enough to go and vote. That is based on experience up close and personal with illegal aliens here in California, many of whom had students in my classes. I think my speculation is as good as theirs, maybe better, but there is no way to know for sure.

And, no, there was nothing I or the school administration could do about the illegals. We weren't allowed to ask, even, but, kids do talk.

I don't know about your friends but the polls show Obama beating McCain handily among Hispanics. In fact a recent Pew Survey had some rather troubling numbers for McCain:

Hispanics

Obama-66%
McCain-23%

Of Mexican descent

Obama-70%
McCain-21%

Even 25% of Republican Hispanics said they were going to vote for Obama. Bush got almost 40% of the Hispanic vote in 2004 so McCain appears to be lagging far behind that number. This kind of advantage can only help Obama in states with large Hispanic populations and several of those are pivotal.

I can not speak for all mexicans out there. My family is mostly Native but on my Fathers side it is mexican. All of my family on his side, all dems all for McCain but not so much because they like him, they just didnt like Obama. They were Hillary voters. In my area we have a large population of mexicans and I do make it my job to ask every one I know who are they voting for and why. So far of all the mexicans I have asked only one said Obama, it was funny too... she is a catholic pro life person. I told her about his votes, I will ask her again who she is for next time i see her. Most of the people I know for Obama are old dried up hippies left over from the 60s and young kids not yet old enough to vote. But our state is leaning Obama so his supporters are out there, probably in Portland.

Werbung:
Democrat politicians? Do you mean like the ones who had the White House and Congress for six years and did squat to end illegal immigration, that kind of Democrats?

The ones who supported the amnesty bill? The ones who pushed through the 1986 amnesty? The ones who ENDLESSLY shill for the invaders?? Yes indeedy, THOSE democrats. :D

And I'm speculating that there aren't very many who are brave enough to go and vote. That is based on experience up close and personal with illegal aliens here in California, many of whom had students in my classes. I think my speculation is as good as theirs, maybe better, but there is no way to know for sure.

And, no, there was nothing I or the school administration could do about the illegals. We weren't allowed to ask, even, but, kids do talk.

Uh, I too live in California, I see how this whole state is rigged for illegals - how proposition 187 adopted by the people was killed by a lib judge and a lib governor, how libs organized a boycott of Costa Mesa because it started arresting illegals, how the teachers unions have supported illegals for job security for themselves, how trauma centers are being bankrupted and closing because of non-paying illegals, how the cal state university system gives illegals in-state tuition so that they spend far less than Americans from other states, how politicians want to give them drivers licenses, how La Raza helps them every way the can, etc etc etc etc etc - the whole damn state is rigged for their benefit - they get away with EVERYTHING including murder (and run to mexico) - but you want to believe that they studiously avoid voting - it's some kind of miraculous exception???? Yaaaaaaaaa surrrrrre - real credible! :D

Back