"In what respect Charlie?"

Ill chime in with a few things here. Firstly, this is the single worst interview I have ever seen her give to this point. I understand that there is more to be aired tomorrow. But either way, Sarah is in way over her head. It was obvious she was heavily coached, and it showed. She knows virtually zero(or as much as she has been told in the last 2 weeks) about anything outside of Alaska.

I have seen her be described as dumb in this thread. I couldnt disagree more. She is quite smart, but is ignorant on the issues outside of Alaska.

Regardless of ones political affiliation, this woman is alright as Governor, but she is in no way prepared or qualified to be VP of this country.

Werbung:
Ill chime in with a few things here. Firstly, this is the single worst interview I have ever seen her give to this point. I understand that there is more to be aired tomorrow. But either way, Sarah is in way over her head. It was obvious she was heavily coached, and it showed. She knows virtually zero(or as much as she has been told in the last 2 weeks) about anything outside of Alaska.

I have seen her be described as dumb in this thread. I couldnt disagree more. She is quite smart, but is ignorant on the issues outside of Alaska.

Regardless of ones political affiliation, this woman is alright as Governor, but she is in no way prepared or qualified to be VP of this country.

The elephant in the room, in any discussion of Palin's qualifications, is that she is the VP republican candidate, whereas the democrat >>PRESIDENTIAL<<< candidate knows nothing at all about trhe issues a president deals with: not foreign policy, not the military, not economics, not being an executie - NOTHING. I've NEVVVVVVVVER seen Barack Obama subjected to a real wide-ranging policy interview - his policy positions on his web site are simply the ideas of his legions of special interest advisers.

The elephant in the room, in any discussion of Palin's qualifications, is that she is the VP republican candidate, whereas the democrat >>PRESIDENTIAL<<< candidate knows nothing at all about trhe issues a president deals with: not foreign policy, not the military, not economics, not being an executie - NOTHING. I've NEVVVVVVVVER seen Barack Obama subjected to a real wide-ranging policy interview - his policy positions on his web site are simply the ideas of his legions of special interest advisers.

Libs,
I would disagree that Obama knows nothing about the various issues you mentioned. One is kept abreast and aware of those issues while a sitting US Senator. Whereas Sarah until 3 weeks ago, would have looked for Georgia on a map, just north of Florida. Until her nomination, she has shown a total disinterest of national politics outside of abortion and gun issues. She knows jack about foreign policy, domestic policy, national security. Most times she was questioned as Governor about issues outside of Alaska, she remained steadfast she wasnt concerned about that, but only Alaska.

Libs,
I would disagree that Obama knows nothing about the various issues you mentioned. One is kept abreast and aware of those issues while a sitting US Senator. Whereas Sarah until 3 weeks ago, would have looked for Georgia on a map, just north of Florida. Until her nomination, she has shown a total disinterest of national politics outside of abortion and gun issues. She knows jack about foreign policy, domestic policy, national security. Most times she was questioned as Governor about issues outside of Alaska, she remained steadfast she wasnt concerned about that, but only Alaska.

I know you like the lord god obama but I agree with libsmasher, this guy is NOT in any way ready to be president come January 20th. He just flat is not. It’s really sad when people for their worship of him over look the most incredible blunders he has made to date.

I know you like the lord god obama but I agree with libsmasher, this guy is NOT in any way ready to be president come January 20th. He just flat is not. It’s really sad when people for their worship of him over look the most incredible blunders he has made to date.

Go ahead and overlook the glaring deficiencies of the VP pick by McCain. There is in no way a comparison between the experience levels and issues covered as a US Senator versus the Governor of Alaska. This whole notion that Alaska is next to Russia, and she is Commander of the AKNG as credentials is a joke. Sarah has never been to the tiny outpost of Little Diomede as far as I know, she not only hasnt been to Russia, she hasnt even SEEN it!

Go ahead and overlook the glaring deficiencies of the VP pick by McCain. There is in no way a comparison between the experience levels and issues covered as a US Senator versus the Governor of Alaska. This whole notion that Alaska is next to Russia, and she is Commander of the AKNG as credentials is a joke. Sarah has never been to the tiny outpost of Little Diomede as far as I know, she not only hasnt been to Russia, she hasnt even SEEN it!

When was your messiah in Russia?

I am not over looking McCain’s VICE PRESIDENT PICK I am just noticing the PRESIDENT PICK (note no VP behind that word) from the dem side.

Obama was in Indonesia as a kid, and then went to Pakistan as a college student for a couple of weeks. He went to visit his brother in a hut in Kenya where he tried to help push some serious Muslim laws for a cousin. And by force of John McCain went back to Iraq a month ago, oh yes and he went to Berlin, I remember because of his speech. Yeah he is qualified to start running the country in less than 3 months. If he were going for VP there would be nothing to talk about they are both about the same for a VP job.

And why on earth to you think showing up for work or not showing up for work and then when you do voting yes or no takes more skill and effort than running a town or a state? He effectively has been a US senator for 183 days, he spent the rest of the time brainwashing idiots to think he would make a good president. Before that he was a state senator that he could add voting present when he bothered to show up.

Do you think a mayor or a Gov has the option to not show up that day or just say I vote yes or no. Nope they have to do their job.

Go ahead and overlook the glaring deficiencies of the VP pick by McCain. There is in no way a comparison between the experience levels and issues covered as a US Senator versus the Governor of Alaska.

You're right, Senators are part of that whole "group think" mentality where they sit around, talk among themselves, and come up with something that offends the least number of their group. Governors have to make a decision, on their own, based on the information that "group think" pogues give them.

This whole notion that ... she is Commander of the AKNG as credentials is a joke.

Why? It was good enough for Bill Clinton, and her troops are actually in a combat zone.

Sarah has never been to the tiny outpost of Little Diomede as far as I know, she not only hasnt been to Russia, she hasnt even SEEN it!

And neither has Barry Hussein! Until he started running for POTUS, how many foreign leaders had Barry met? How much foreign business did Barry bring to Illinois in his time as a State or US Senator?

Please, if you're going to set a standard, at least use it consistantly.

From what I saw in the interview Palin didn't seem to be up to speed on national politics. Granted there are a few different versions of what Bush doctrine is, but even McCain in the past has acknowledged that Bush Doctrine exists when asked about it in at least 1 interview that I know of.

From what I saw in the interview Palin didn't seem to be up to speed on national politics. Granted there are a few different versions of what Bush doctrine is, but even McCain in the past has acknowledged that Bush Doctrine exists when asked about it in at least 1 interview that I know of.

With there being 4 different versions of it, how was she to know what version Charlie was talking about without asking.

With there being 4 different versions of it, how was she to know what version Charlie was talking about without asking.

Also remember the date that he gave does not line up with the definition that he gave. He gave the wrong definition for the timeframe that he gave.

Also remember the date that he gave does not line up with the definition that he gave. He gave the wrong definition for the timeframe that he gave.

Yes that is true

So picture this

You are about to send your son off to Iraq
You are having your first interview
The moron interviewing you is not making you feel comfortable and clearly wants a gotcha moment
Then he asks a loaded question that has 4 possible answers depending on you being able to be a mind reader to what one of the 4 he is thinking of, then it turns out the guy is so stupid he himself has his own dates wrong as to what one of the 4 meanings there is.

There is no way to answer that question correctly since he didn’t ask it with an IQ

And is this before or after he warped and twisted her words on religion then snapped at her “EXACT WORDS”! When they weren’t?

I don't fault her for asking for a clarification., which Charlie did. The problem I saw was when Charlie clarified which version he was referring to, she still didn't answer it with a specific answer.

GIBSON: The Bush doctrine, as I understand it, is that we have the right of anticipatory self-defense, that we have the right to a preemptive strike against any other country that we think is going to attack us. Do you agree with that?

PALIN: I agree that a president's job, when they swear in their oath to uphold our Constitution, their top priority is to defend the United States of America.

I know that John McCain will do that and I, as his vice president, families we are blessed with that vote of the American people and are elected to serve and are sworn in on January 20, that will be our top priority is to defend the American people

Regarding this particular question she did eventually give a direct answer, but only after a small political dance.

GIBSON: Do we have a right to anticipatory self-defense? Do we have a right to make a preemptive strike again another country if we feel that country might strike us?

PALIN: Charlie, if there is legitimate and enough intelligence that tells us that a strike is imminent against American people, we have every right to defend our country. In fact, the president has the obligation, the duty to defend.

http://abcnews.go.com/Politics/Vote2008/Story?id=5782924&page=4

It's clear to me that the first answer she gave was a bit evasive in giving a direct yes or no answer.

I don't fault her for asking for a clarification., which Charlie did. The problem I saw was when Charlie clarified which version he was referring to, she still didn't answer it with a specific answer.

Regarding this particular question she did eventually give a direct answer, but only after a small political dance.

http://abcnews.go.com/Politics/Vote2008/Story?id=5782924&page=4

It's clear to me that the first answer she gave was a bit evasive in giving a direct yes or no answer.

I dont see how she could be really clear when she wasn't sure. The date he gave for his version of it was differnt than the truth. So either way she replies its going to not be right unless she corrects him (assuming she knew his date was wrong)

Its ok to not agree, and I think you are by far the most respectful person so far to reply about it. You really do seem to look for what is fair. I like that :)

Libs,
I would disagree that Obama knows nothing about the various issues you mentioned. One is kept abreast and aware of those issues while a sitting US Senator.

I disagree - the senate sessions are televised, and Obama doesn't know anything more than anyone who watches that and reads the newspapers. Obama also has a poor senate attendance record. I'd say the ONLY thing Obama knows how to do well is run for president. Palin knows how to be an executive, and Obama has no experience there. If it were a choice between Palin an Obama for president, based on only experience, the choice for anyone who looks the facts in the eye would be Palin.

Whereas Sarah until 3 weeks ago, would have looked for Georgia on a map, just north of Florida. Until her nomination, she has shown a total disinterest of national politics outside of abortion and gun issues. She knows jack about foreign policy, domestic policy, national security. Most times she was questioned as Governor about issues outside of Alaska, she remained steadfast she wasnt concerned about that, but only Alaska.

Duhhhhhh - when governor of alaska, she focussed on alaska. Obama knows NOTHING about being president, and Palin's executive experience trumps his nothing. :D

Werbung:
I disagree - the senate sessions are televised, and Obama doesn't know anything more than anyone who watches that and reads the newspapers. Obama also has a poor senate attendance record. I'd say the ONLY thing Obama knows how to do well is run for president. Palin knows how to be an executive, and Obama has no experience there. If it were a choice between Palin an Obama for president, based on only experience, the choice for anyone who looks the facts in the eye would be Palin.

Not really to disagree with you, and certainly not to try to prop up Obama's qualifications, but this is somewhat slanted.

The floor speeches are televised, but most of the business that is done and the actual writing of bills is not done on the floor...

Not that Obama has ever actually held a committee meeting however...

Back