Inflating our way to a government controlled economy

Don't get caught up in the guy's most recent post.

Take a look at his posts on "The Con of the Decade." I think he makes a good case for what has occurred and what is likely to occur.

Werbung:
A quick question (for both of you).

(and off topic too)

My wife wanted to start investing in stocks in a retirement account in addition to her pension. Despite my objections that there were better uses for the money, it is a puny small amount, so I went along.

We get statements telling us that from the date of purchase we have put in $2,900 and that it is worth $3,198 now. Does that really mean it has earned money?

It certainly does. How long has she been investing in these stocks? That is the key question. Her rate of return might be very low, and then there is the whole "problem" of what stocks she is invested in.

As an example, if your wife would have purchased $2900 worth of silver two years ago, she would now have well over $10,000 worth of silver.

Dent says the stock market will crash this summer and likely stay down for some time. Some of his predictions in the past, have been very good.

That's interesting. I predicted a stock market crash some time later on this year, but I made my prediction about a year ago. Then there's the whole silver prediction thing that I already talked about. Silver cracked $45.00 an ounce today, and for those of you with "gold fever", gold cracked $1500 an ounce today.

I need to play the lottery.

It certainly does. How long has she been investing in these stocks? That is the key question. Her rate of return might be very low, and then there is the whole "problem" of what stocks she is invested in.

As an example, if your wife would have purchased $2900 worth of silver two years ago, she would now have well over $10,000 worth of silver.

Thank you. It is nicer to know that at least they are not telling me we have a profit when in reality there is a loss.

I agree that the money could have been used more wisely.

A quick question (for both of you).

(and off topic too)

My wife wanted to start investing in stocks in a retirement account in addition to her pension. Despite my objections that there were better uses for the money, it is a puny small amount, so I went along.

We get statements telling us that from the date of purchase we have put in $2,900 and that it is worth $3,198 now. Does that really mean it has earned money?

Yes it does..not bad..

That's interesting. I predicted a stock market crash some time later on this year, but I made my prediction about a year ago. Then there's the whole silver prediction thing that I already talked about. Silver cracked $45.00 an ounce today, and for those of you with "gold fever", gold cracked $1500 an ounce today.

I need to play the lottery.

You are playing the lottery at theseprices.. I am never a crybaby; I am happy that you have had luck with your silver and gold but what I am telling you is that when you spread the myths or justify those "investments" as superior to equities or other investments, you may mislead people who are inexperienced into making a dreadful error. You are not presently buying silver or gold; if you were, you would be out of your mind. Cheering the price of gold and silver seems to me to be akin to cheering some desperate person in the top of a skyscraper to jump. Some people respond to impulse suggestion and fall to their doom.

What an investor does when they broadcast like you do is to potentially mislead impulsive unseasoned investors to do stupid things. Your arguments in favor of gold and silver are arguments with no basis in historic support. The value of dollars is set in the futures markets not by the Fed Reserve. And there is a clear indication that the M1 money supply is not running out of control in fact, savings as a part of M2 is increasing suggesting that Ameicans are digging themselves out of debt not sinking more. The M1 says there is no inflation. But we have bubbles from speculators everywhere. Oil is up, silver, gold, wheat, cocoa, coffee. None are in short demand. So there is a fad at present to pour money into bubbling commodities even though to do so in necessities will damage the economies slow the recovery. Gold and Silver have zero potential to destroy anything but the impulsive investor so it is never important as compared to oil.

And please the fiat money argument of yours is weak. The reason gold and silver are so high is because there are lots of irrational metal bugs. Paper money is not going to go away in your life time or anyone's lifetime presently on earth. While the liberals have followed a rino and given us one mess of a recovery, very sluggish at best; it is a little late to be pushing precious metals as an answer to bernanke. Unless the M1 money supply is fed by Bernanke, there is no inflation for what the fed does with its own money even operating as a global backstop.

Human nature being what it is; conjures for itself fantasy of lottery riches. We just got through the housing bubble an it took all the expert flippers down with it. Nobody got out and stayed out. Instead they leveraged more and they got rolled. The same will happen in Gold and Silver and it takes out another unsophisticated investor class.

And do me a favor truth just because I look for bubbles to short that is my right. As I see it both gold and silver are in bubbles pushed by the the euphoria class of investors that always loose their shirts. It is my intent to ride the down elevator and I will continue to buy shorts and clear to gain positional advantage because I think the ride down is going to be spectacular.

How much idiocy can the press feed us... the beauty of bubbles is nobody listens they are too busy cheering the impulse buyers off the rooftops. That is why this bubble in precious metals will end in a splat and it will be a shockwave of a ride down.

You brag about your silver, look at equities I have owned for years like PX. It is a true industrial technology stock and its booming. It says exactly the opposite of what you and the precious metal bugs say. The long history of the metal bugs going splat on the windshield leads me to believe that PX is the real story. And I have owned it quietly without fanfare for years.

best regards
doug

Do I know how high Gold and Siver might go?..NO

You are playing the lottery at theseprices.. I am never a crybaby; I am happy that you have had luck with your silver and gold but what I am telling you is that when you spread the myths or justify those "investments" as superior to equities or other investments, you may mislead people who are inexperienced into making a dreadful error. You are not presently buying silver or gold; if you were, you would be out of your mind. Cheering the price of gold and silver seems to me to be akin to cheering some desperate person in the top of a skyscraper to jump. Some people respond to impulse suggestion and fall to their doom.

What an investor does when they broadcast like you do is to potentially mislead impulsive unseasoned investors to do stupid things. Your arguments in favor of gold and silver are arguments with no basis in historic support. The value of dollars is set in the futures markets not by the Fed Reserve. And there is a clear indication that the M1 money supply is not running out of control in fact, savings as a part of M2 is increasing suggesting that Ameicans are digging themselves out of debt not sinking more. The M1 says there is no inflation. But we have bubbles from speculators everywhere. Oil is up, silver, gold, wheat, cocoa, coffee. None are in short demand. So there is a fad at present to pour money into bubbling commodities even though to do so in necessities will damage the economies slow the recovery. Gold and Silver have zero potential to destroy anything but the impulsive investor so it is never important as compared to oil.

And please the fiat money argument of yours is weak. The reason gold and silver are so high is because there are lots of irrational metal bugs. Paper money is not going to go away in your life time or anyone's lifetime presently on earth. While the liberals have followed a rino and given us one mess of a recovery, very sluggish at best; it is a little late to be pushing precious metals as an answer to bernanke. Unless the M1 money supply is fed by Bernanke, there is no inflation for what the fed does with its own money even operating as a global backstop.

Human nature being what it is; conjures for itself fantasy of lottery riches. We just got through the housing bubble an it took all the expert flippers down with it. Nobody got out and stayed out. Instead they leveraged more and they got rolled. The same will happen in Gold and Silver and it takes out another unsophisticated investor class.

And do me a favor truth just because I look for bubbles to short that is my right. As I see it both gold and silver are in bubbles pushed by the the euphoria class of investors that always loose their shirts. It is my intent to ride the down elevator and I will continue to buy shorts and clear to gain positional advantage because I think the ride down is going to be spectacular.

How much idiocy can the press feed us... the beauty of bubbles is nobody listens they are too busy cheering the impulse buyers off the rooftops. That is why this bubble in precious metals will end in a splat and it will be a shockwave of a ride down.

You brag about your silver, look at equities I have owned for years like PX. It is a true industrial technology stock and its booming. It says exactly the opposite of what you and the precious metal bugs say. The long history of the metal bugs going splat on the windshield leads me to believe that PX is the real story. And I have owned it quietly without fanfare for years.

best regards
doug

Do I know how high Gold and Siver might go?..NO

I'm not going to continue to beat a dead horse by debating something that you and I have already debated.

In the end, one of us is going to be correct in our analyses and beliefs. I would bet my silver against your paper and ink any time.

By the end of this year, the U.S. stock market (the DJIA) will be at 6,000-7,000, and your paper money and paper investments will be worth significantly less than they are now.

I don't expect you to believe me, because you are living in the past, and using past "history" as your baseline.

I am living in the present and future, and using the complete lack of precedence and "history", to arrive at my conclusions, which are based on the opinions of economic minds that are far greater than yours or mine.

You can dismiss my opinions, insult my intelligence, ridicule me, and pretend to have this "concern" about other forum members taking my opinions and advice seriously, but in the end, your investment "advice" will go down in flames, and the end is fast approaching.

In the end, one of us is going to be correct in our analyses and beliefs. I would bet my silver against your paper and ink any time.

My latest "investment" was a DPMS Panther Tactical Law Enforcement AR-15 Rifle and 1000 rounds of .223 ammo to go with it.

RFA2-C16L.jpg

I would bet my Panther and its 1000 rounds of "shut your pie hole" that I feel like more of a badass holding my investment than either of you do holding yours. :)

My latest "investment" was a DPMS Panther Tactical Law Enforcement AR-15 Rifle and 1000 rounds of .223 ammo to go with it.

RFA2-C16L.jpg

I would bet my Panther and its 1000 rounds of "shut your pie hole" that I feel like more of a badass holding my investment than either of you do holding yours. :)

If you two met in a dark alley after the alleged collapse of fiat money I think lead would trump silver.:)

Instead I bet both of you have valuable perspectives and facts to add to the discussion here and now.

RFA2-C16L.jpg

So you made a trip to the "hardware store", I see. Very nice piece of equipment, GenSen. I don't have an AR, but I have plenty of .223 ammo for barter.

I am really partial towards the well-built AK-47s. The damn things are indestructible.

I just spent a little time out at my backyard shooting range, after a long cold winter. Nothing like running a few 30-round mags through our Norinco AK-47, to shake the rust off. :D

So you made a trip to the "hardware store", I see. Very nice piece of equipment, GenSen. I don't have an AR, but I have plenty of .223 ammo for barter.

I am really partial towards the well-built AK-47s. The damn things are indestructible.

I just spent a little time out at my backyard shooting range, after a long cold winter. Nothing like running a few 30-round mags through our Norinco AK-47, to shake the rust off. :D

Well in that case, after the alleged collapse of fiat money, if you two meet in a dark alley then an AK 47 with silver and ammo to barter will trump the lead (unless there is no government to enforce contractual obligations. Then it is might makes right).

But in the alleged collapse neither you knows where I live and while I have large store of food you two can eat precous metals. You two can battle it out and I will stay inside away from you.

However, if there is a monetary crisis that does not result in collapse then you both will have spent money that could have been spent on food. If there is no collapse my food will be a hedge against inflation and your guns will be injoyable and expensive toys.

Is one position better? Probably. Do any of us really know which one? doubt it.

One thing I do know is that if there is a crisis at all, all three of us will do better than those who did not prep at all. And if there is no crisis then our expenses for prepping are not so great as to break the bank.

Well in that case, after the alleged collapse of fiat money, if you two meet in a dark alley then an AK 47 with silver and ammo to barter will trump the lead (unless there is no government to enforce contractual obligations. Then it is might makes right).

But in the alleged collapse neither you knows where I live and while I have large store of food you two can eat precous metals. You two can battle it out and I will stay inside away from you.

However, if there is a monetary crisis that does not result in collapse then you both will have spent money that could have been spent on food. If there is no collapse my food will be a hedge against inflation and your guns will be injoyable and expensive toys.

Is one position better? Probably. Do any of us really know which one? doubt it.

One thing I do know is that if there is a crisis at all, all three of us will do better than those who did not prep at all. And if there is no crisis then our expenses for prepping are not so great as to break the bank.

Already got the food and other supplies safely hidden away, Dr.Who. All of our firearms we've had for at least five years.

I'm betting we have a food and energy crisis, not to mention a monetary crisis, and all of the "things" that go with those crises.

As you stated, if I am wrong my family has plenty of food as a hedge against inflation, not to mention real money. Silver.

That was just the latest acquisition in a very well balanced "portfolio" which already includes Food and Water. Collecting firearms is a hobby of mine and if necessary, I can use them to protect the rest of my "investments" from looters.

Remember the fable about the Ants and the Grasshoppers? The Ants work hard all summer and fall to prepare for winter while the Grasshoppers sing and play and ridicule the Ants for their preperations. When winter arrives, the Ants are prepared and the Grasshoppers are not. If winter arrives, it will be the Grasshoppers you need to worry about, not other Ants.

Werbung:
Back