Inherited guilt

SW85

Are some crimes so terrible that the criminal's descendents inherit the guilt of their ancestors?

Discuss.

Werbung:
Are some crimes so terrible that the criminal's descendents inherit the guilt of their ancestors?

Discuss.

They do automatically, whether it's policy or not. The sins of the father are always passed on. However that doesn't exempt you form your actions. People have free will to choose to rise above their families past, or to live in the filth as if it gives you a free pass for your behavior.

I'm not sure in what instance this applies since virtually all criminal acts are acceptable to a large portion of our nation.

The sins of the father are always passed on.

Insofar as the son suffers from the sins of his father, this is true.

My question was, can the son be held culpable for the crimes of his father?

Insofar as the son suffers from the sins of his father, this is true.

My question was, can the son be held culpable for the crimes of his father?

Huh? That's illogical on face value. Is there anyone trying to make a case for this?

Discuss.

Few on this board like the theological view, but here are a couple of scriptures.

Exodus 20 v 5:(KJV) ...for I the Lord thy God am a jealous God, visiting the iniquity of the fathers upon the children unto the third and forth generation...; this is one of those curses of the Law that the New Testament mentions so frequently.

The lifting of this curse is foretold with identical language in both Jeremiah 31; v29 "In those days they shall say no more, the fathers have eaten sour grapes and the childrens teeth are on edge" and Ezekial 18; v2.

Virtually the entire 18th chapter of Ezekiel Is devoted to explaining what the terms will be under a foretold new covenant. Essentially, we are all to be held responsible for our own sins. God won't hold children responsible for their fathers sins, nor fathers for the sins of their children.

As a Christian, I believe this foretold new covenant was fulfilled in Jesus the Christ.

Of course, scripture only deals with who God holds responsible, not with who man holds responsible. Their always seems to be many who put their own judgement above God's.

Discuss.

A question that has arisen actually recently on my boat, well more or less, but that is for another thread.

Having no set upon definitions of several key terms in the question asked, this certainly has much room for a wide argument.

A few things I will say, I dont know about inheriting the guilt of the crime(s) as questioned, but certainly they are effected by the punishment phase, on an individual level. Both directly and indirectly.

Speaking to a larger level, set on a societal and cultural sort of way, the next generation as individuals is often subjected and effected to the punishment imposed on thier parents and grandparents for various things.

So I guess the next question would be, does being punished, or somehow effected by ones parents actions constitute guilt?

Nonsense.

I think I see where you are going with your very brief argument. But I would pose this question to you or anyone is that if it the greatness or success or positive actions otherwise as an opposite to being guilty of a crime,
be inherited as well?

I think I see where you are going with your very brief argument. But I would pose this question to you or anyone is that if it the greatness or success or positive actions otherwise as an opposite to being guilty of a crime,
be inherited as well?

Uh, I only answer questions that posed in english. :rolleyes:

Uh, I only answer questions that posed in english. :rolleyes:

I am only home for a few hours tonight, things are quite busy for me right now. Either way, in general, does the same apply to inherited success or praise? As in the opposite to the OP.

I am only home for a few hours tonight, things are quite busy for me right now. Either way, in general, does the same apply to inherited success or praise? As in the opposite to the OP.

Intuitively assuming what you are trying to say, the answer is of course a big fat NO.

Werbung:
Intuitively assuming what you are trying to say, the answer is of course a big fat NO.

When one looks at the original question I would disagree and say yes there are.
Yes there are plenty of crimes that descendents inherit the shared guilt from.
While it is not tried in court or anything generally official, but certainly there are plenty of examples with the offspring of a criminal being associated with crimes thier ancestors committed. While having nothing to do with it individually.

Back