Iran test-fires missiles in Persian Gulf

PLC1

Staff member
TEHRAN, Iran - Iran test-fired nine long- and medium-range missiles Wednesday during war games that officials said aimed to show the country can retaliate against any U.S. or Israeli attack, state television reported.

"Our hands are always on the trigger and our missiles are ready for launch," the official IRNA news agency quoted Salami as saying Wednesday.

The report comes less than a day after Iranian President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad dismissed fears that Israel and the United States could be preparing to attack his country, calling the possibility a "funny joke."

What are they thinking? Do they believe that a few missiles is going to deter the US and/or Israel from attacking them?

There are nutcases in this country looking for an excuse to attack Iran, and, now, it looks like there are nutcases in Iran ready to give our nutcases the excuse they're looking for.

Werbung:
What are they thinking? Do they believe that a few missiles is going to deter the US and/or Israel from attacking them?

Its a reaction to the Isreali Military exercises which simulated an attack on the Iranian production complexes outside Tehran. They are demonstrating (trying to) that if Isreal attacks Iran that Iran has the capacity to retaliate. Whether or not they could breach the Isreali ABM shield is doubtful but then again it only takes one to cause a bit of a kerfuffle.

Its a testosterone thing with Mr. Armeddinnerjacket - wee guy syndrome.... big missile makes up for his small dick!.

Its a reaction to the Isreali Military exercises which simulated an attack on the Iranian production complexes outside Tehran. They are demonstrating (trying to) that if Isreal attacks Iran that Iran has the capacity to retaliate. Whether or not they could breach the Isreali ABM shield is doubtful but then again it only takes one to cause a bit of a kerfuffle.

Its a testosterone thing with Mr. Armeddinnerjacket - wee guy syndrome.... big missile makes up for his small dick!.

Maybe there needs to be a minimum dick size as qualification for head of state, not applicable, of course, to female heads of state.

I see , so Israel does a show of force its fine...but Iran shows some back. and all of the sudden they are crazy and trying to show off the penis size.....:rolleyes:

My guess is you guys have Zero clue about the true capacity for Iran to Inflict harm on the US and or Israel if we where to attack and they wanted to go all out back after us.

You joke and act like it would be a walk in the park or something for us....That's the same dumb arrogant thinking the Screwed Up Iraq and left us with Poor plans and countless Dead American troops who's lives you trivialize buy making light of the real consequences of a attack on Iran.

Is it any wounder I get pissed when I hear this Libs hate the troops, Libs don't care about national Security, and libs hate America ....most of this talk seems to always from from Chicken Hawks and it pisses me off.

While I never would shy away from use of force when needed, at least I take the time to make sure that it is really needed, and I don't act so Cavalier about the serious choice of attacking , not just any nation, but a very powerful nation at that.

(CNN) -- Sen. John McCain said Wednesday that Iran's missile test shows the need for an effective missile defense system, while rival Sen. Barack Obama said it shows aggressive diplomacy, combined with sanctions, is necessary.

http://www.cnn.com/2008/POLITICS/07/09/candidates.iran/index.html

"Aggressive diplomacy"?? :) "Sanctions"???? :rolleyes: What happened to the boy wonder's kumbayah attitude of just "talking to the iranians"?? Could it be that our junior foreign policy cadet is creeping toward reality? :D

http://www.cnn.com/2008/POLITICS/07/09/candidates.iran/index.html

"Aggressive diplomacy"?? :) "Sanctions"???? :rolleyes: What happened to the boy wonder's kumbayah attitude of just "talking to the iranians"?? Could it be that our junior foreign policy cadet is creeping toward reality? :D

and your great idea is what? Bomb them right? And I am sure you put almost 30 sec worth or careful thought and research into the effects of that decision and how many people will die and the implications in the middle east, and on the US Economy right?

and your great idea is what? Bomb them right? And I am sure you put almost 30 sec worth or careful thought and research into the effects of that decision and how many people will die and the implications in the middle east, and on the US Economy right?

Did I say that? I don't remember saying that. :D Obama, on the other hand, has been flipping like crazy lately.

We wanted to put a missile defense system in Poland, even signed a tentative agreement. The Russians responded by saying any attempt to do so would be inviting a Russian military response.

So while we now have to tip-toe forward on our agreement with Poland, Iran - allied to Russia - decides to fire off some missiles to further complicate our problems.

Pocket, you correctly point out that the situation has been oversimplified yet you make the mistake of oversimplifying by suggesting that bombing Iran is something people are seriously pushing for as a solution.

We are facing a very complex problem that involves social, political and economic obstacles... We have never stopped our diplomatic efforts so talk of more is moot, sanctions are also nothing new and the recent deal between Iran and India will prevent sanctions from seriously impacting the Iranians.

As we move forward, things will become more complicated as the Global energy crunch combines with Global Warming legislation to create even more unrest in already unstable countries.

Not a good time for a president who needs on the job training.

We wanted to put a missile defense system in Poland, even signed a tentative agreement. The Russians responded by saying any attempt to do so would be inviting a Russian military response.

So while we now have to tip-toe forward on our agreement with Poland, Iran - allied to Russia - decides to fire off some missiles to further complicate our problems.

Pocket, you correctly point out that the situation has been oversimplified yet you make the mistake of oversimplifying by suggesting that bombing Iran is something people are seriously pushing for as a solution.

We are facing a very complex problem that involves social, political and economic obstacles... We have never stopped our diplomatic efforts so talk of more is moot, sanctions are also nothing new and the recent deal between Iran and India will prevent sanctions from seriously impacting the Iranians.

As we move forward, things will become more complicated as the Global energy crunch combines with Global Warming legislation to create even more unrest in already unstable countries.

Not a good time for a president who needs on the job training.

well being that Libs has attacked talking to every single thing that has come out to deal with Iran, that is not Bombing them.....I don't think its being to simple to think he thinks we should bomb Iran..

I see , so Israel does a show of force its fine...but Iran shows some back. and all of the sudden they are crazy and trying to show off the penis size.....:rolleyes:

My guess is you guys have Zero clue about the true capacity for Iran to Inflict harm on the US and or Israel if we where to attack and they wanted to go all out back after us.

You joke and act like it would be a walk in the park or something for us....That's the same dumb arrogant thinking the Screwed Up Iraq and left us with Poor plans and countless Dead American troops who's lives you trivialize buy making light of the real consequences of a attack on Iran.

Is it any wounder I get pissed when I hear this Libs hate the troops, Libs don't care about national Security, and libs hate America ....most of this talk seems to always from from Chicken Hawks and it pisses me off.

While I never would shy away from use of force when needed, at least I take the time to make sure that it is really needed, and I don't act so Cavalier about the serious choice of attacking , not just any nation, but a very powerful nation at that.

firstly forgive me if the mention of Mr. Armeddinerjackets penis size or girth caused you any offecnce, trauma or embarramenent it was meant to be analagous. I merely meant to make the point that Mr. Armeddinnerjacket has a wider audience to play to both in Iran and to his Middle Eastern allies - generally one sees that the leaders of little tinpot countries tend to make up for their lack of stature by playing soldiers, indeed Mr. Armeddinnerjacket being an Ex-Revolutionary Guardsman would be at home playing with his big missile rather than going outside and being a statesman.

You see in my rather simple view the launch exercise was a continuation of the February simultaneous live firing exercise which was designed to reiterate Iranian capability. Your take on this may be different to mine but I think Mr. Armeddinnerjacked is just sabre rattling, he's saying to Isreal that we have the capacity to hit Dimona if you think about going after our facilities. Now as I mentioned in my first post one has to factor in the ABM shield and whether or not Isreal is going to take the chance that it will be 100% effective - the golden BB!

Do you think that Isreal will continue to posture?

firstly forgive me if the mention of Mr. Armeddinerjackets penis size or girth caused you any offecnce, trauma or embarramenent it was meant to be analagous. I merely meant to make the point that Mr. Armeddinnerjacket has a wider audience to play to both in Iran and to his Middle Eastern allies - generally one sees that the leaders of little tinpot countries tend to make up for their lack of stature by playing soldiers, indeed Mr. Armeddinnerjacket being an Ex-Revolutionary Guardsman would be at home playing with his big missile rather than going outside and being a statesman.

You see in my rather simple view the launch exercise was a continuation of the February simultaneous live firing exercise which was designed to reiterate Iranian capability. Your take on this may be different to mine but I think Mr. Armeddinnerjacked is just sabre rattling, he's saying to Isreal that we have the capacity to hit Dimona if you think about going after our facilities. Now as I mentioned in my first post one has to factor in the ABM shield and whether or not Isreal is going to take the chance that it will be 100% effective - the golden BB!

Do you think that Isreal will continue to posture?

Again Iran makes a show of force you claim they are showing off ...yet Just 2 weeks ago Israel was doing the same thing with the US with there practice at a bombing run in Iran. Maybe it is Israel that has issues with the size of there penis.

And of course its Saber Rattling....thats what they do , when we rattle ours at them, they rattle back.

Also the missile shield is the least of the worries from Iran. Iran could do major damage to both the US and Israel and never Fire a missile from Iran.

Also the missile shield is the least of the worries from Iran. Iran could do major damage to both the US and Israel and never Fire a missile from Iran.

Yes, given Iran's stategic position vis-a-vis the Straits of Hormuz,They could choke off Persian Gulf oil to the rest of the world. The size and effectiveness of our military makes anything but asymetric warfare against us an absurdity.

Werbung:
Yes, given Iran's stategic position vis-a-vis the Straits of Hormuz,They could choke off Persian Gulf oil to the rest of the world. The size and effectiveness of our military makes anything but asymetric warfare against us an absurdity.

One our troops are in iraq, easy targets realy , and would flare up tensions in Iraq as well...

and yes Asymmetric war is what they would do, and always have had planned. Hezbollah for some time has had cells all over the middle east, watching US bases, Oil Refineries./Pipelines and other such areas . Think about the price of Oil and how much it jumped..not from a attack...but a report of a test run that could be used to simulate a attack...not think about a real full attack, and retaliation and what effect on cost would be. The US Economy would basically come to standstill.

All of that and the whole idea of bombing is worthless for the most part unless the US plans to play a major role as well, Israel would have to risk its whole Fleet of Fuel plans for its own attack, just to be able to put a small amount of suitable bombs on targets due to there range...

Back