Iraqi journalist throws shoes at Bush

The shoe thrower is a hero and he is speaking for the world.

By making an idoitic move that not only put his very life in peril, but also questions his journalistic credibility?

He is quite lucky he isnt dead from a pistol round to the head.

Seriously, I would have shot him by trying to pull that stunt if I was a secret serviceman. It is a testimony to thier professionalism and discipline that the "reporter" didnt get himself killed in the process.

Werbung:
Which shows how brave he was to make the protest he did.

Oh I forgot, anyone who fights back against trhe US is a cowardly terrrrrrsst sucide bombing communist.

Which shows how brave he was to make the protest he did.

Oh I forgot, anyone who fights back against trhe US is a cowardly terrrrrrsst sucide bombing communist.
The better part of valor is discretion, in the which better
part I have saved my life.

William Shakespeare, 'King Henry IV part I'
Give this a break. Considering the previous incidents concerning shoes and what they could be filled with on airplanes, an aggressive response is certainly warranted.

Bravery is not the equivalent to stupidity.

In the face of a tyrant like Bush who is stupid and cowardly and who has atttacked a nation on trumped up charges the guy clearly felt that he had to make some kind of protest and he bravely made one.

I admire him.

It is yet another demonstration of how the world hates Bush for what he did to the poor people of Iraq and Afghanistan in his pursuit of oil and gas.

Compared to what Bush has thrown at the civilian population of those two countries he got off lightly with shoes.

The guy who threw them is a hero.

In the face of a tyrant like Bush who is stupid and cowardly and who has atttacked a nation on trumped up charges the guy clearly felt that he had to make some kind of protest and he bravely made one.

I admire him.

It is yet another demonstration of how the world hates Bush for what he did to the poor people of Iraq and Afghanistan in his pursuit of oil and gas.

Compared to what Bush has thrown at the civilian population of those two countries he got off lightly with shoes.

The guy who threw them is a hero.

There are other ways to protest.

By your justification anyone can do anything they want as long as they somehow personally justify it to themselves.

Which is more effective:
1) Throwing a shoe.
2) Using your newspaper to write columns to attract people to your point of view and demanding changes.

I guess you pick number 1, but that is the least effective method.

Look at the publicity the event got.

I think that what he did beat any column inches he could have written.

And also, sometimes you have just got to take direct action.

And in this case the pathetic gesture of throwing a shoe actually sums up the worth of Bush.

A worn shoe in the face.

If you ask me Bush got off lightly for his war crimes.

So far.

Look at the publicity the event got.

I think that what he did beat any column inches he could have written.

And also, sometimes you have just got to take direct action.

And in this case the pathetic gesture of throwing a shoe actually sums up the worth of Bush.

A worn shoe in the face.

If you ask me Bush got off lightly for his war crimes.

So far.

The reaction in Iraq is more important than any reaction here. What was the reaction in Iraq? Limited.

Bush has committed no war crimes either, and will not stand trial anywhere. Should it somehow by some impossibility come to pass, look for Obama to pardon him.

Bush and Blair both broke international law when they attacked Iraq on trumped up charges.

How do you know what publiucity the action got in Iraq?

It was a simple gesture that reminded the world of Bush's war crimes.

But yes, sadly there is no one in power in the US or UK who has the decency to ensure that Bush and Blair are tried for their crimes.

The reaction in Iraq is more important than any reaction here. What was the reaction in Iraq? Limited.

Bush has committed no war crimes either, and will not stand trial anywhere. Should it somehow by some impossibility come to pass, look for Obama to pardon him.

What was the reaction in Iraq? Well, since you asked:

Iraq rally for Bush shoe attacker

Thousands of Iraqis have demanded the release of a local TV reporter who threw his shoes at US President George W Bush at a Baghdad news conference.

Re: A Staged Photo-Op Gone Bad

That's not fair. Bush has cows. When he's heading off to his "ranch" in Crawford, they rent cows for him to pose in front of. True stuff.

I stand corrected my friend..... Big hat >>> rented cattle!:D

Re: A Staged Photo-Op Gone Bad

BigRob;78107]Maybe we should just let them have their civil war.
Agreed... it's their country to do whatever they want with. I don't want them over here forcing their will on me any more than they want it the other way around.

Yes, since state officials so clearly represent the opinion of the general population. :rolleyes:

A mob of people is now the opinion of the state?

That is like seeing a PETA mob on TV and assuming it is the will of America that animals be saved at all costs.

Werbung:
A mob of people is now the opinion of the state?

That is like seeing a PETA mob on TV and assuming it is the will of America that animals be saved at all costs.

Ah, so I take it every elected official in Iraq loudly and wholeheartedly condemned the shoe throwing?

Back