1. Discuss politics - join our community by registering for free here! HOP - the political discussion forum

Is "Born in the USA" anti American?

Discussion in 'U.S. Politics' started by PLC1, Mar 13, 2010.

1. PLC1

PLC1 Moderator Staff Member

Glenn Beck says it is.

Here are the lyrics. You decide.

2. Helicitor

Helicitor Well-Known Member

The only part I find objectionable is the first verse:

So, he was forced into the military by a local judge (in lieu of going to jail) just to kill Asians. That's certainly BS. The US objective in Vietnam was to contain communism, not export racism. You can certainly debate the policies that were implemented to achieve this goal, or even the necessity of containing communism in general, but to equate US policy in Vietnam to just furthering some "whitey" goal to kill non-whites is complete BS.

3. Mr. Shaman

Mr. Shaman Well-Known Member

B.S. (from an obviously "conservative"-historian. :rolleyes: )

Ya' gotta rely on those...who actually had SKIN, IN THE GAME...rather than some loudmouth CHICKENHAWK, for your History!!!!

We SCREWED the Vietnamese!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:mad:

4. Mr. Shaman

Yeah....the Vietnamese merely needed to learn to embrace Colonialism....much like our original-residents learned to accept livin' on The Res!!!!

5. Pandora

Pandora Well-Known Member

I think you are not understanding what Glenn Beck meant.

He thought it was strange that before patriotic events the song would be played as a celebration of being American and that is not what the song is about.

People know the line Born in the USA ..... but they dont pay attention to the rest. If you listen to the words its not really the sort of song you would play as a speaker is coming out or to promote and celebrate the USA.

Its a depressing song if you read the lyrics but its a catchy tune if you just sing Born in the USA.....

I think his point was pay more attention to the lyrics and dont just assume.

6. GenSeneca

GenSeneca Well-Known Member

It's just another attack on Glenn Beck... These people cannot stand that people who disagree with the Radical Progressive agenda can be so popular, so they circle the Leftist wagons and try to destroy anyone critical of their lunacy.

Notice these douchebags ignore all the historical facts that Beck has brought to light exposing the Progressive movement for the hate machine that it is...

Tangent... I think I'll listen to NIN Pretty Hate Machine now... Its a really good album. However, the most fitting song for our Progressive future would be Happiness in Slavery, from their BROKEN album:

7. Helicitor

Helicitor Well-Known Member

So you're saying the Democratic Presidents Truman, Kennedy and Johnson were simply trying to colonize Vietnam, and really weren't implementing the Truman Doctrine to contain communism? Dude, that's a better cover story than the current "health care" scam. I thought Democrat's putting forward a grand ideology that was really just a power grab for total domination and control was a recent development. I didn't realize it went back to WWII. And here I thought Obama was being innovative. He's just a copy-cat.

8. Mr. Shaman

Yeah....right....that's what that entire-quote suggested....that the French-colonization efforts weren't quite workin'-out....even though they'd only been there (about) 100 years....

:rolleyes:

Maybe moving-pictures work, better, for you......

9. Popeye

Popeye Well-Known Member

Does Beck tell you two what to eat and when to go to bed too?

10. Popeye

Popeye Well-Known Member

The Domino Theory was discredited long ago.

Here we are in Vietnam "helping" the Vietnamese to be safe from communism:

A little napalm:

[​IMG]

How about some My Lai?

[​IMG]

11. Mr. Shaman

When it comes to $ale$-and-marketing, Madison Avenue knows they're selling to a History-challenged post-'Nam generation!!!

12. Pandora

Pandora Well-Known Member

Of course not Popeye.

I highly doubt that PLC1 was watching Glenn Beck when he talked about the song, I was watching it. He probably took some lib rags writings on it and made a thread. Of course the lib rags take everything Beck says and twists it because they hate Beck and PLC1 fell for it.

But no, Beck doesnt tell anyone to do anything except for read and pay attention to what is going on around us and of course double check what beck himself was saying.

13. Mr. Shaman

....And, DON'T forget he's a delusional, burnt-out alcoholic.....