Is Congress contemplating ANY spending cuts? Or just the same old increases, only slightly smaller?

Little-Acorn

Dems and Republicans keep staging these huge "battles" over a few pennies in tax increases. But we don't have a taxing problem. We are taxed plenty enough.

We have a spending problem. The govt spends incredibly huge amounts, and makes promises that amount to even more.

Yet I haven't seen a single proposal to spend less next year than we did this year. Every proposal I've seen, says we will spend even more than we did before, in every government department. Some say that instead of increasing 15% like we had planned to, we'll "only" increase 10% instead. (Some of the sillier politicians and newscasters, on both sides, refer to this as a "cut". That's like saying that instead of chopping off three of your fingers as I had planned to do, I'll only chop off two of them. There, I've increased your number of fingers by one!)

Is there ANY politician, in any party, proposing to actually CUT spending? It's what we desperately need.

Werbung:
Back