Is Hate Speech Legal?

Brandon

While I realize that this is a WORLD web site, so I will leave out any references to the U.S.

Do you think that hate speech should be protected speech or should it be outlawed? Should people that use it, be fined or arrested? If so, why should they be fined/arrested?

Werbung:
If it is just speech that doesn't go into an actual action to harm somebody physically, then I don't think it is illegal. You have the right to say whatever you want, the same way I have the right to do the same. Some people choose to hate and show it through their language and speech, but they have the right to do it. Therefore, it is legal.

I don't like alot of the hate speech laws and things considered taboo right now. While there's a lot of it I don't care to hear, I also think that to prevent people from venting just bottles up feelings which lead to actions worse than words. Governments can't regulate our thoughts nor do I think they should try.

I would agree with you. I may not like some of the things that I hear but I feel that we should have a right to voice them with no fear of being fined. Now when it turns into harming other people through violence to them I don't agree with that at all.

Werbung:
I don't think hate speech is illegal...but hate actions are. Anything could be construed as hate sppech if it was in fact illegal, and that would make for a mountain of problems.

Back