Is needlessly sacrificing your child, as God did, child abuse and murder?

Gnostic Christian Bishop

Is needlessly sacrificing your child, as God did, child abuse and murder?

Bishop Spong indicated that we Christians should not perceive God as a God who demands barbaric acts like human sacrifice to appease his sense of justice. He uses the term child abuse and I just call it more of what it would be if the myth was real; murder.

I say needlessly because God has no needs. He only has wants and no decent God would want to needlessly sacrifice his son.

If a Sacrifice were required, God would not send a boy to do a man’s job and he would be man enough to step up himself.

If you were to dare judge this issue or scenario of God, --- knowing that he planned to have Jesus sacrificed even before creating the potential for sin, would you find God criminally liable for child abuse and murder?

Regards

DL

Werbung:
This has to be the most ridiculous question ever asked by an anti-theist ...

A person who claims there is no evidence of God, no evidence that anything in the Bible is real ... now is asking if there is any evidence of murder or child abuse from a story in the Bible ...

TROLL

tumblr_mehqn5AVpo1r291jvo1_500.jpg

If Jesus hadn't voluntarily taken our punishment, then yes, the Father would have been unjust to punish an innocent Man. But the gift satisfies the law.
I've said this before... I saw an atheist's cartoon in which God is saying, "Now I will torture you forever for breaking some rules I made up – because I love you." As wrong as he is about Christian doctrine, I have to applaud the cartoonist for getting one thing right: He's holding God (or our beliefs about God) to account. Christians should do the same. When one of your heroes, a pagan Gnostics invented a "good" god to replace the cranky, judgmental Hebrew deity, Christians pointed out that a god who's not just isn't truly good, because justice is good, even when we don't like it being applied to ourselves.

The problem for the You and your Gnostic friends in judging God is that you have no place to stand. you can't have a transcendent standard of justice without a transcendent God to provide it. Your arbitrarily condemning God for being arbitrary

If justice bends and twists to accommodate God's (otherwise) bad actions, Like you seem to want it to, then the biblical writers were penning gibberish when they revealed that "God is just." They might as well have said, "God is whatever God is – thought you'd like to know." "God is just" is a rational statement only if justice can be thought of as distinct from God

Now your on ignore... You have no clue of what true justice is.. I'm not sure I do..

Lets see. Jesus was alive before He volunteered to go on the cross. And then He was alive later after He came down from the cross. And this is your complaint? Not only that but being eternal He was alive thousands of years before the cross and will be still alive ten thousand years after the cross so what is your complaint even about?

Maybe its the pain? Not like just having a body exposes one to pain every single day compared to being a spirit. Maybe its the increase in pain? Big Whoop. The sacrifice is important not because a life was taken - one was not taken. the sacrifice is important not because there was pain or increase in pain - that's just what it means to be mortal. the sacrifice was important because it fulfilled the law by substituting (temporarily) the mortal life of Jesus for the loss of your own immortal and everlasting separation from God that would result otherwise; one death of little consequence to Jesus was substituted for another permanent death, namely yours, which is of great consequence to you.

*the word death is used with two different definition in the above paragraphs. One should really look up death in a theological dictionary before delving too deeply into this topic.

Lets see. Jesus was alive before He volunteered to go on the cross. And then He was alive later after He came down from the cross. And this is your complaint? Not only that but being eternal He was alive thousands of years before the cross and will be still alive ten thousand years after the cross so what is your complaint even about?

Maybe its the pain? Not like just having a body exposes one to pain every single day compared to being a spirit. Maybe its the increase in pain? Big Whoop. The sacrifice is important not because a life was taken - one was not taken. the sacrifice is important not because there was pain or increase in pain - that's just what it means to be mortal. the sacrifice was important because it fulfilled the law by substituting (temporarily) the mortal life of Jesus for the loss of your own immortal and everlasting separation from God that would result otherwise; one death of little consequence to Jesus was substituted for another permanent death, namely yours, which is of great consequence to you.

*the word death is used with two different definition in the above paragraphs. One should really look up death in a theological dictionary before delving too deeply into this topic.
IT FULFILLED THE LAW..EXACLY my friend.. "God is just" is a rational statement only if justice can be thought of as distinct from God.. TRUE JUSTICE..THE LAW..

Jesus born of Mary did not know he would rise but he trusted in the prophesy and his faith was validated and rewarded. that is important here. Were there no sacrifice there would be no fullfilment of the Law. It is also important to realize the Father did not send Christ to this so any nonsense in finding fault simply does not reflect the reality. This poster makes a career of inventing scenarios that simply dont reflect scripture. He gets thought of as atheist as some of those folks do the same.

If Jesus hadn't voluntarily taken our punishment, then yes, the Father would have been unjust to punish an innocent Man. But the gift satisfies the law.
I've said this before... I saw an atheist's cartoon in which God is saying, "Now I will torture you forever for breaking some rules I made up – because I love you." As wrong as he is about Christian doctrine, I have to applaud the cartoonist for getting one thing right: He's holding God (or our beliefs about God) to account. Christians should do the same. When one of your heroes, a pagan Gnostics invented a "good" god to replace the cranky, judgmental Hebrew deity, Christians pointed out that a god who's not just isn't truly good, because justice is good, even when we don't like it being applied to ourselves.

The problem for the You and your Gnostic friends in judging God is that you have no place to stand. you can't have a transcendent standard of justice without a transcendent God to provide it. Your arbitrarily condemning God for being arbitrary

If justice bends and twists to accommodate God's (otherwise) bad actions, Like you seem to want it to, then the biblical writers were penning gibberish when they revealed that "God is just." They might as well have said, "God is whatever God is – thought you'd like to know." "God is just" is a rational statement only if justice can be thought of as distinct from God

Now your on ignore... You have no clue of what true justice is.. I'm not sure I do..

I see that as you say that the gift, a bribe and ransom satisfies justice.

IOW, you think a judge who can be bribed is a good judge. Please ignore me as you have nothing you can teach me of morals and justice.

Regards
DL

So God condemned us just to have to die, but not really die, for us.

And you believe such nonsense. Ok.

Regards
DL

Werbung:
Jesus born of Mary did not know he would rise but he trusted in the prophesy and his faith was validated and rewarded. that is important here. Were there no sacrifice there would be no fullfilment of the Law. It is also important to realize the Father did not send Christ to this so any nonsense in finding fault simply does not reflect the reality. This poster makes a career of inventing scenarios that simply dont reflect scripture. He gets thought of as atheist as some of those folks do the same.

God does not like blood sacrifices.

THE BLOOD OF CHRIST

There is no operation of Divine wisdom that has been so completely misapprehended and misrepresented as the shedding of the blood of Christ. Popular preaching brings it down to a level with the sacrifices of idolatrous superstition, by which wrathful deities are supposed to be placated by the blood of a substitutionary victim. Christ is represented as having paid our debts—as having died instead of us—as having stood in our room like a substitute in military service, or like a man rushing to the scaffold where a criminal is about to be executed, and offering to die instead of him (a favourite illustration in the evangelical pulpit).

Such views are contradicted by even the most superficial facts of the case; for if Christ died instead of us, then we ought not to die (which we do); and if he paid the penalty naturally due from us—death—he ought not to have risen (which he did). And if his death was of the character alleged, the redeeming power lay in itself and not in the resurrection that followed; whereas Paul declares to the Corinthians that, notwithstanding the death of Christ, “if Christ be not raised, your faith is vain: ye are yet in your sins” (1- Corinthians 15:17).

Further, if Christ has paid our debts, our debts are not “forgiven,” for it would be out of place for a creditor to talk of having forgiven a debt which someone else has paid for the debtor; and thus is blotted out the very first feature of the gospel of the grace of God—the forgiveness of our sins “through the forbearance of God” (Romans 3:25 ).

Regards
DL

Back