Is Obama arrogant and uppity?

Werbung:
Actually I drive a Honda.

In Frederick County.

One of the counties that fought the slaveowners in what was then and still is now strongly Democratic Montgomery and Prince George's County.

But nice try, you bilious little goblin.

SW thanks for your reply. I knew little of Prince George's country so I did a quick search and found this:

http://www.pghistory.org/PG/PG300/civilwar.html

In Prince George's County, there was great sympathy for the South. It is not hard to understand why. Despite the sectional division within Maryland, Prince George's County in 1861 was part of the South. It had a plantation economy and a population that was more than half slave. There was virtually no abolitionist sentiment here -- in the presidential election of 1860, Abraham Lincoln received just one vote from all of Prince George's County! The leaders of our social and public life -- the old gentry -- were all slaveholders and very much Southern-oriented. When it became evident that Maryland would not secede from the Union, scores of young men went South to fight for the Confederacy.

I live in B.C., Canada in case you want to learn something about my history.

A snippet of history from British Columbia.

During the 20th century, many immigrant groups arrived in British Columbia and today, Vancouver is the second most ethnically diverse city in Canada, only behind Toronto. However, before 1945, racism was more rampant and socially acceptable in Canada and British Columbia's immigration policies of the past still leave an embarrassing scar. In 1886, a Head Tax was imposed on the Chinese, which reached as much as $500 per person to enter Canada by 1904. By 1923 the government passed the Chinese Immigration Act, which prohibited all Chinese immigration until 1947. Sikhs had to face an amended Immigration Act in 1908 that required Sikhs to have $200 on arrival in Canada, and immigration would be allowed only if the passenger had arrived by continuous journey from India, which was impossible. Perhaps the most famous incident of anti-Sikh racism in B.C. was in 1914 when the Komagata Maru arrived in Vancouver harbour with 376 Sikhs aboard, who were all denied entry. The Komagata Maru spent two months in harbour while the Khalsa Society went through the courts to appeal their case. The Khalsa Society also kept the passengers on the Komagata Maru alive during those two months. When the case was lost, HMCS Rainbow, a Canadian Navy cruiser, towed the Komagata Maru out to sea while thousands of white people cheered from the seawall of Stanley Park.

You racist :rolleyes:

A snippet of history from British Columbia.

You racist :rolleyes:

I'm sure you story is absolutely true Rob. What's even more embarrassing is the way the Japanese were treated during WW2. Our museums are rich with the history of the Japanese fishery and it's those people who were uprooted and put into internment camps. After the war they never did get their boats back and some of their property back.

I'm sure you story is absolutely true Rob. What's even more embarrassing is the way the Japanese were treated during WW2. Our museums are rich with the history of the Japanese fishery and it's those people who were uprooted and put into internment camps. After the war they never did get their boats back and some of their property back.

But to take this a step further using your logic on the black/white issue. I would say that you are still all racists today because of events such as this.

It is a bad stretch and poor logic.

Back to the original topic...

The fact is Senator Obama is not a long time Washington insider like John McCain. John McCain also spends a lot of time nowadays in self promotion of his being a veteran & a POW. John McCain has even ran for President before for Christ sake.

If John McCain and his now newly Flopped carbon copy of Bush policy were even in any least way barely acceptable one would expect for him "John McCain" to be up by 10 or 15 points... at least!

But the truth is Senator Obama has said what America needs to hear right now. That there is hope if we fundamentally change the drunken driving way the Republicans and their glorious leader George Bush drove this country into a ditch.

When almost everybody was jumping on the now infamous bandwagon of lies to invade & endlessly occupy Iraq Senator Obama was one of just a few who had the good judgment to say... not so fast... this makes no sense. Had we followed his advice back then we'd have over 4000 brave American soldiers still alive today and by the end of this quagmire a Trillion less dollars owed by us and our children... and a much stronger economy here at home.

Now here comes McCain and his old politics henchmen trying the old worn out Karl Rove ways of trying to turn their political oppositions strength into a weakness.

WHAT!!! Obama's indisputably smart, well spoken and he dresses well... He's a damn elitist.

WHAT!!! Obama's a politician speaking a positive and powerful message and getting crowds to come hear a clear vision for a better America for all Americans at 40,000 - 75,000 - 200,000 people at a time... Too popular... rock star, certainly no leader.

AND WHAT!!! You believe... you "Barack Obama" can possibly try with rational thought, research and a belief in the American people to get them to see some greater good, to work together to try and do some great things... Man this guy is uppity (doesn't he know he's not even White).

My friends John McCain is not good experience. He's simply old terrible experience just exactly like Cheney and Rumsfield were.

But Senator Obama while being relatively young comes into this race for President with more Federal Government Level and Foreign Affairs experience than any of our last three Presidents... Reagan, Bush or Clinton.

Senator Obama is the man for the job... he'll be honest with the American people... he'll stand out amongst world leaders and he'll help us turn things around for a better America!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AmUUYo9o9eg

WHAT!!! Obama's indisputably smart, well spoken and he dresses well... He's a damn elitist.

No, he's a damn elitist because he covorts about the world pretending that he's already President, views Americans as racist gun-toting hicks, etc.

Just curious, but is there any criticism, in your mind, which can be leveled against Obama that isn't motivated by racism?

When I want to assign a crudely drawn caricature of you based on the history of where you currently live, why would I need to bother myself with doing research first, hm?

No, he's a damn elitist because he covorts about the world pretending that he's already President, views Americans as racist gun-toting hicks, etc.

Just curious, but is there any criticism, in your mind, which can be leveled against Obama that isn't motivated by racism?

And what would you suggest Obama covort about the world? Beware of words bigger than macaroni!

When I want to assign a crudely drawn caricature of you based on the history of where you currently live, why would I need to bother myself with doing research first, hm?

Please do assign if you think it will make you feel a little better. Maybe you should just check to see if your shoes are too tight first.

Werbung:
I do not suscribe to the cult of personality or appearances alone i.e. style over substance.

The idea of any person acting uppity has got to go. We may not like the fact all of our founders were white males of european descent but they were and that is what we have to work with. The sacred language of america is standardized english based upon Latin. We are all suposed to be striving to act like the founders, to follow their example and to own all the knowledge we can. That example is not any race, religion or sex as our founders managed to create an elegant legal code and then managed to suffer and sacrifice in order to give birth to it - to realize it in this world as a living government and living law of people.

I want all candidates and all Americans to act like the founders; I want all of us to be of the ability to use proper English even if we choose to speak in our everyday voice. The secret is to figure out who is actually a founder on the inside versus who is effecting it only for show.

I will not vote for either one of these guys for other reasoning as both are educated. I do not view Obama as uppity and I personally bleive as fact w/o question that all citizens should strive to secure an edcuation as he did no matter how they come by it, via college or life. Use the free public schools or the free public library. We have to stop teaching those of us still shut out that there is such a thing as acting uppity or acting white.

There is a such thing as acting as a European patriarch who feels entitled to unjust privileges and rights not even named in our law or as acting without dignity, compassion and respect for all human beings. Obama and McCain are not this.

Back