Is Obama arrogant and uppity?

Werbung:
No, it doesn't does it. Maybe it would if you used the word 'cavort' or 'covert'!

:rolleyes:

You have nothing to contribute to the world intellectually, which has reduced your posts to lame exercises in spelling Nazidom.

I made a typo. Happy now?

Please do assign if you think it will make you feel a little better.

No, I'm all right. Unlike you, my arguments rest on something other than geographical and orthographical cheap shots.

:rolleyes:

You have nothing to contribute to the world intellectually, which has reduced your posts to lame exercises in spelling Nazidom.

I made a typo. Happy now?

No, I'm all right. Unlike you, my arguments rest on something other than geographical and orthographical cheap shots.

I doubt it was a typo because you got a chance to reread it a few times in this exchange and you didn't see the error. More like you thought you had the word right isn't it! Little liar!

And who was it who thought he was clever enough to start a spelling Nazi fight? Hmmmmmm?

What is the reason why Obama is not leading McCane by 25 points. He outclasses McCane in every way. He's a better orator by a country mile. Obama has cheering crowds in Europe in the hundreds of thousands while McCane is hardly noticed on hiw S.American tour.

It has to be because Obama is uppity and we know that just too many Americans don't like an uppity (n-word).

Is this why a lot of Americans aren't hailing him as the new conquering hero and instead would like to burn a cross on his lawn?

Can I at least ask the question: Who among you American whites still have white bedsheets with eyeholes and white pointy hats in your bedroom closets sitting gathering dust?

I don't know why Obama isn't higher in polls. I suspect it's the 'fear' card so well played by conservatives. It worked in 2004, so why wouldn't it again? I'm going to have to disagree with your explanation from my perspective.

I don't know why Obama isn't higher in polls. I suspect it's the 'fear' card so well played by conservatives. It worked in 2004, so why wouldn't it again? I'm going to have to disagree with your explanation from my perspective.

Of course, it could never be that anyone disagrees with his policies, it must be either race or right-wing fearmongering :rolleyes:

And who was it who thought he was clever enough to start a spelling Nazi fight? Hmmmmmm?

Uhm. You did.

My observation of the distinction between arrogance (which is concerned with accomplishment/ability) and uppitiness (which is concerned with social station) is a matter of diction, not spelling.

I pointed out the distinction between the two because you were conflating them to support your facially ludicrous charge that anyone who dislikes Obama is a racist thug.

And furthermore, the deliberately improper use of words is far more important than the unintentional misspelling of them.

No, he's a damn elitist because he covorts about the world pretending that he's already President, views Americans as racist gun-toting hicks, etc.

Just curious, but is there any criticism, in your mind, which can be leveled against Obama that isn't motivated by racism?

But isn't it true that if Senator Obama hadn't committed himself to being extremely interested in world affairs (and let's just be a little honest here because war is a world affair) and shown himself to fit in well and be well received by other world leaders the fear mongers on the Right & the McCainiacs would (and did) try to say Senator Obama didn't have the chops or the ability to stand out as a world leader? That's a yes...;)

Criticizing the good Senator for doing so well making friends overseas many our allies is like complementing Republicans for even having a clue after all the havoc their policies have caused.

This isn't some bizarro world where good is bad & bad is good. Bridging gaps, making friends, being well liked, visiting our with troops, 200,000 at a time listening to a positive hopeful American candidate for President and somehow trying to be spin it as a "bad thing" is the problem. It's just old attack politics at it's worst.

The Right slays me.:) They dare the man to go. He goes and by all standards hits the ball completely out of the park. Then they say... Oh, well he's too presumptive, he looks too Presidential. I guess I'm supposed to be sorry the guy didn't insult a few foreign leaders, maybe fall off the stage or do the Vogue Dance covering his face with his hands like John McCain does when answering a question say about birth control... during a speech that a McCain size crowd of a only few hundred bothered to come to in the first place.:D

Senator Obama the same as I'm sure John McCain does loves the American people. They're Americans. They both have American families to love and look out for. It's the exact same way you & I love our country, love our families.

This doesn't mean that we should just lie to ourselves saying we have no problems. And most certainly I want someone to lead us that's looking at the problems not just the good things. For Christ Sake by any objective account our country has been slowly but surely going to hell in a hand bag with the Bush administrations policies and we just kept being told "things are just GREAT!"... how'd that work out? Bad... very, very bad! Bottom line there's nothing wrong with striving to do better... to be better.

As far a the racism goes it's probably the coach in me but I just call 'em like I see 'em and I recognize the rules in relationship to the rules of the game. Racism does exist. I'm A 51 years old White male so I've been around long enough to see from the White side that it does float around out there to varying degrees.

Do I think everything that's John McCain's camp puts out is rasict... of course not. Do I see it peaking through from time to time... sure. You're a smart person you know that the real low stuff is put out by 527 groups who work as the little minions for a campaign while still allowing the candidate him or herself to claim plausible deny-ability.

When we have Republican speakers warming up their rallies fear mongering a simple given middle name of Hussein or flip his real name Obama with Osama or taking out heavily racially motivated ads in North Carolina and elsewhere you as an intelligent person know it isn't just by some slip, some random mistake. It's a little here and a little there. It's trying to create death of a candidate by a thousand cuts not one big overwhelming theme.

The choice is clear. All elections basically come down to one thing and one thing alone. Do you want things to stay the same... or do you want change. John McCain is now unashamedly a Bushie 100%. People just need to choose

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kGjsWpBnqEU

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Km4QHHf-iIA

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4JOcSPTFAck

Do I think everything that's John McCain's camp puts out is rasict... of course not. Do I see it peaking through from time to time... sure. You're a smart person you know that the real low stuff is put out by 527 groups who work as the little minions for a campaign while still allowing the candidate him or herself to claim plausible deny-ability.

Will you point out examples where prominent Republicans have inserted race into the equation when it was not been a response to Obama bringing it up first? Not saying you are wrong, I am just curious.

When we have Republican speakers warming up their rallies fear mongering a simple given middle name of Hussein or flip his real name Obama with Osama or taking out heavily racially motivated ads in North Carolina and elsewhere you as an intelligent person know it isn't just by some slip, some random mistake. It's a little here and a little there. It's trying to create death of a candidate by a thousand cuts not one big overwhelming theme.

This is really all politics as usual. Same as everyone attacking McCain for being old and having cancer supposedly.

The choice is clear. All elections basically come down to one thing and one thing alone. Do you want things to stay the same... or do you want change. John McCain is now unashamedly a Bushie 100%. People just need to choose[/COLOR].

The problem for Obama is, many people are starting to think maybe a 3rd Bush term (which McCain is not really) is better than an Obama term.

BigRob;53308]Will you point out examples where prominent Republicans have inserted race into the equation when it was not been a response to Obama bringing it up first? Not saying you are wrong, I am just curious.

I think you know it is disingenuous to say Obama is inserting race into this argument "first" in any way. It would be impossible to say that being Black is an advantage to becoming President of the United States... mainly because there's never even been one before. I know if I were Senator Obama the LAST... VERY LAST thing "I'd want" is to get into a race debate.

You already have the Black vote and so now you want to go out and alienate Whites... makes no sense. The only reason for Obama to ever bring up race with a vastly White majority of voters in America is to try and help shield himself from racial attacks. It clearly helps in no other way with any voters he doesn't already have in his column.

Strom Thurman and now Jesse Helms being dead the likelihood that a "prominent Republican" in 2008 is going to go on the record being racist is not very realistic. What happens now is veiled symbolism embedded in the actual candidates "approved" messages and the 527 groups pick up the heavy racist lifting as an "unapproved" surrogate to help the Conservative cause.

This is really all politics as usual. Same as everyone attacking McCain for being old and having cancer supposedly.

I would strongly disagree. Just for happing to be Black doesn't limit your ability or intelligence in any way.

On the other hand age does take a toll on human beings of any race. If John McCain for example wanted to be an airline pilot he would be automatically disqualified due to his advanced age. The Presidency is well renowned for being one of this worlds most taxing & stressful jobs.

Same thing with cancer. It is something likely to reoccur and has reoccurred several times with John McCain. Presuming someones health and prolonged ability to function at the top of someone's game is a real and valid issue.

The problem for Obama is, many people are starting to think maybe a 3rd Bush term (which McCain is not really) is better than an Obama term.

I'm sure there will be those who say... Yes we've run our car into a ditch but lets not call a tow truck and see if we can just spin our way out. There are always some people like that Rob.

But the reality is sometimes you just need a new approach when you are so obviously stuck in a bad position. John McCain is now clearly articulating all Bush policy... and worse. He didn't used to be that way... but you are entitled to your opinion.

I'll easily post John McBush's new policy comparisons that clearly show the duplicity. I sincerely hope everyone takes these into account. It's very important to understand these clips and the direction we'd be continuing on...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hnb2IrsU1Cg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cN10_6pyshQ

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eiSaCdpdytc

I think you know it is disingenuous to say Obama is inserting race into this argument "first" in any way. It would be impossible to say that being Black is an advantage to becoming President of the United States... mainly because there's never even been one before. I know if I were Senator Obama the LAST... VERY LAST thing "I'd want" is to get into a race debate.

You already have the Black vote and so now you want to go out and alienate Whites... makes no sense. The only reason for Obama to ever bring up race with a vastly White majority of voters in America is to try and help shield himself from racial attacks. It clearly helps in no other way with any voters he doesn't already have in his column.

Strom Thurman and now Jesse Helms being dead the likelihood that a "prominent Republican" in 2008 is going to go on the record being racist is not very realistic. What happens now is veiled symbolism embedded in the actual candidates "approved" messages and the 527 groups pick up the heavy racist lifting as an "unapproved" surrogate to help the Conservative cause.

So is there one?

I would strongly disagree. Just for happing to be Black doesn't limit your ability or intelligence in any way.

I agree, being black does not make you dumb, but I do not see the attacks coming in the form of Obama is black so therefore he is dumb.

On the other hand age does take a toll on human beings of any race. If John McCain for example wanted to be an airline pilot he would be automatically disqualified due to his advanced age. The Presidency is well renowned for being one of this worlds most taxing & stressful jobs.

Same thing with cancer. It is something likely to reoccur and has reoccurred several times with John McCain. Presuming someones health and prolonged ability to function at the top of someone's game is a real and valid issue.

If McCain actually has cancer, then yes it could be a problem. But as of right now he does not. Being President is a stressful job I agree, but I think that McCain has gone over this before he entered the race.

It's super unfortunate that that's not the case Rob. John McCain is now clearly articulating all Bush policy... and worse. He didn't used to be that way. But you are entitled to your opinion.

McCain has had to come to the middle, same as Obama has in order to get elected. If we want to yell about flip-flopping all day then so be it. McCain is not Bush III, he does agree with him more now, since Bush had to come more to the middle as well during his election. It is part of the election process.

As for recent polling however, it is basically a dead tie. If people really viewed him as a third Bush or loved Obama the way it is said, the polls would be nowhere close.

SW85 wrote:
And furthermore, the deliberately improper use of words is far more important than the unintentional misspelling of them.

I agree.

I was so impressed with the program 'Extreme challenges for the next 4 years' on AC360 that I'm going to just leave this bickering back and forth for now and see if we can get a good discussion going on it. I think you could fit in with myself, Rob, Andy, PLC, and maybe I missed somebody. What do you think?

If any of you see the program your optimism may rise above it but at least you should hear what is facing the US in the next 4 years.

So is there one?

Like I said the McCain backing 527 groups are doing the heavy lifting on this. I have zero doubt they are ALL Republicans. Prominant or not would seem irrelavant. They are Republicans acting under the cover of a 527 banner.

I agree, being black does not make you dumb, but I do not see the attacks coming in the form of Obama is black so therefore he is dumb.

I see the Republican attack ads coming in many forms... of course running attack ads in general was at one time off limits to John McCain but much like Bush policy & torture he now embraces it fully.

And of course no one is going to specifically say... Don't vote for Obama he's a Nigg#*. Come on... they use imagery and code like "Obama's Black Church"... or "not ready to lead" when he has more Federal & Foreign Relations experience than any of our last three presidents going in... or the linking of Spears & Hilton (two White girls) to Obama trying to not only bring up their celebrity but also the old scare... Blacks are over sexed and looking for White girls imagery.

funny sidebar: McCain attacked his own donors with the Paris Hilton ad. Paris's parents are maxed out McCain donors... LoL!:D

They did the same thing to Harold Ford when he was running for re-election with the White girl on the cell phone saying... Harold call me! This is nothing new for the GOP. They absolutely love to walk that racial tightrope for their base.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0UZBZ4GR8Ug

If McCain actually has cancer, then yes it could be a problem. But as of right now he does not. Being President is a stressful job I agree, but I think that McCain has gone over this before he entered the race.

Well we'll know pretty soon if he has it yet again. He's had it 5 times now and to such an extent that 20 some nodes & glands were taken from his head & neck. That's why the left side of his face & head are often all swollen way out of shape.

It's totally reasonable to look at someones health history and not just bury the reality & probabilities. Let me ask you this. You say it doesn't matter at all as long as he tests OK for it now. Do you think any Heath Insurer in the world would agree with you? You're smart... you really do know the risk level he would be into with them as far as denial of coverage and pre-existing condition.

And the age thing matters. I could care less if it matters to him... of course it doesn't matter to him he just wants to win. Heck I have a friend whose father was in his 70's that thought he was just a fine driver and he was the biggest menace on the road ever. He just didn't get it. He was adamant that it was everyone else's fault. That's what old age can do to you. They finally had to sell off his car so he didn't kill somebody... don't want to have to do that with Air Force One.;)

McCain has had to come to the middle, same as Obama has in order to get elected. If we want to yell about flip-flopping all day then so be it. McCain is not Bush III, he does agree with him more now, since Bush had to come more to the middle as well during his election. It is part of the election process.

Total Flip Flopper to Bush's policy on every issue. I could post proof all day and you now it. It's nothing like comming to the middle or modifying slightly a position. JOHN MCCAIN DOESN'T EVEN NOW SUPPORT LEGISLATION THAT HE HIMSELF INTORDUCED AND AUTHORED! Because it's now 24/7 Bush policy and nothing else.

As for recent polling however, it is basically a dead tie. If people really viewed him as a third Bush or loved Obama the way it is said, the polls would be nowhere close.

Obama is almost always ahead by 4 to 15 points. Once in a while he'll be down in a given poll but within the margin of error. This is to be expected. The fact that he's done a great job doesn't remove the fact that he is fairly new to the scene.

Let's watch the polls as we get closer to the election and go through the conventions & debates. I'm very confident. Time will tell.

Werbung:
Like I said the McCain backing 527 groups are doing the heavy lifting on this. I have zero doubt they are ALL Republicans. Prominant or not would seem irrelavant. They are Republicans acting under the cover of a 527 banner.

I see the Republican attack ads coming in many forms... of course running attack ads in general was at one time off limits to John McCain but much like Bush policy & torture he now embraces it fully.

And of course no one is going to specifically say... Don't vote for Obama he's a Nigg#*. Come on... they use imagery and code like "Obama's Black Church"... or "not ready to lead" when he has more Federal & Foreign Relations experience than any of our last three presidents going in... or the linking of Spears & Hilton (two White girls) to Obama trying to not only bring up their celebrity but also the old scare... Blacks are over sexed and looking for White girls imagery.

I have yet to hear his church be called a "black" church, but I will assume for a moment that you have and that it has been.

Consider this: The Trinity United Church of Christ describes its congregation as "an African people" who "remain true to our native land." Given that, to say that it is a "black" church is simply stating the facts that they themselves lay out.

Further, I think that to claim that saying Obama is not ready to lead it racist is quite a stretch and I do not see that being racist at all. The point McCain is making is that he has more experience and is ready to take command on from day one, much like the Hillary 3 am ad, which was not racist.

And finally, showing Obama in a commercial with Paris and Britney is supposed to conjure up images of a sex crazed black man? I think that is ridiculous, and I do not see how you came to that at all. The point is that we do not elect Presidents based on celebrity status, not to bring up a racial issue.

They did the same thing to Harold Ford when he was running for re-election with the White girl on the cell phone saying... Harold call me! This is nothing new for the GOP. They absolutely love to walk that racial tightrope for their base.

This was done to Harold Ford when he ran because he went to parties at the playboy mansion and it was meant to show he was out of touch with people and not the kind of person that they wanted, not that he was a sex crazed black man preying on white women.

Well we'll know pretty soon if he has it yet again. He's had it 5 times now and to such an extent that 20 some nodes & glands were taken from his head & neck. That's why the left side of his face & head are often all swollen way out of shape.

It's totally reasonable to look at someones health history and not just bury the reality & probabilities. Let me ask you this. You say it doesn't matter at all as long as he tests OK for it now. Do you think any Heath Insurer in the world would agree with you? You're smart... you really do know the risk level he would be into with them as far as denial of coverage and pre-existing condition.

As long as McCain retains mental capacity, I think that his age will be fine. If he is elected President and then does fall sick with something, there are systems in place to account for that. I would agree with you if he was developing alzheimers, but he is not.

That's what old age can do to you. They finally had to sell off his car so he didn't kill somebody... don't want to have to do that with Air Force One.;)

lol

Total Flip Flopper to Bush's policy on every issue. I could post proof all day and you now it. It's nothing like comming to the middle or modifying slightly a position. JOHN MCCAIN DOESN'T EVEN NOW SUPPORT LEGISLATION THAT HE HIMSELF INTORDUCED AND AUTHORED! Because it's now 24/7 Bush policy and nothing else.

I can post Obama flip-flops back in response, it will get us nowhere. I think that each of them is just pandering and moving to solidify their own base coming into the general election.

Obama is almost always ahead by 4 to 15 points. Once in a while he'll be down in a given poll but within the margin of error. This is to be expected. The fact that he's done a great job doesn't remove the fact that he is fairly new to the scene.

Let's watch the polls as we get closer to the election and go through the conventions & debates. I'm very confident. Time will tell.

I am not convinced that polls matter at all right now either, I have always said I think this election will come down to the debates, which I am anxious to watch.

Back