Is Obama The Reason The Dems Will Lose?

I appreciate the heart behind your post, but I'm not sure I understand the point of it. Jesus indeed taught love, but He taught an awful lot of other things too, like repentance, and turning away from any sin that has a stronghold in one's life. The two things I don't see in my Bible from Jesus, are "anything goes," and "Do your own thing."

I'm sorry this is so long, and some-what boring at times, But I have come to know what my critics are going to say before they say it..
Christians, by and large, are neurotic about purity, obedience, and holiness. It is probably the main reason we’re not very pure, obedient, and holy. And in order to maintain our witness, we have learned to fake it.

The book of Ecclesiastes in the Bible is a realistic and, I believe, accurate view of the world as it is—especially when God isn’t factored into the equation. The writer of Ecclesiastes has been there, done that, and has several T-shirts. He allows us to see what is important and what isn’t. Let me give you a verse from that book: “Whatever your hand finds to do, do it with all your might” (9:10). That means your life is too important to waste on trying to do the impossible. Best to do what you’re called to do, what you do best, and what is put in front of you. Then the impossible might become possible. In other words, almost everything of any importance is found when you are headed somewhere else, and that includes getting better.

I want to give you two things that I find true that could change your life and maybe even make you better. Then again, maybe not on the “better” part, but that’s okay.

This first truth is the essence of the gospel. You don’t have to get better to get God to love you. You don’t have to get better to maintain God’s love. You don’t have to get better to witness. You don’t have to get better to be forgiven. You don’t have to get better to “make a difference.” And you don’t have to get better to be sanctified or holy.

In Romans 7, the apostle Paul said things that a religious leader of today shouldn’t say if he wants to keep his job! He said, “I do not understand my own actions. For I do not do what I want, but I do the very thing I hate. . . . For I know that nothing good dwells in me, . . . I have the desire to do what is right, but not the ability to carry it out. For I do not do the good I want, but the evil I do not want is what I keep on doing” (vv. 15, 18–19). That’s scripture!

The interesting thing about Paul’s words is they are all true. Think about it, They are present tense and are not a confession of sin whose statute of limitations has long since run out. Paul is talking about the ongoing experience of every Christian EVERY DAY and a whole lot of people who aren’t.

It’s not just Paul and Romans 7 either. Throughout the Bible, God persists in illustrating Paul’s words with incredible ruthlessness. Moses was an angry and confused leader. Abraham lied in telling the king that his wife was his sister to make her sexually available to him. Abraham had a sexual relationship with a slave, which, as you can imagine, caused all kinds of problems. Yet Moses and Abraham are our biblical heroes.

The whole superstructure of our Judeo Christian heritage was built on a con game. His name was Jacob and he conned his brother out of his birthright. Jacob is one of our heroes too. David was an adulterer and, not being satisfied with that, arranged to have the husband of the woman with whom he had the affair killed in battle. Jeremiah was consumed with fear. Hosea married a prostitute who refused to be faithful to him and then was used as an example of God’s love for his people.

It doesn’t get a whole lot better in the New Testament. Paul and Barnabas, early Christian leaders, were on different sides in a church fight that was so big they couldn’t even speak to each other or work together. Their first assistant was a coward. We all know about Peter and his denial of Christ, but he didn’t become the pristine example of purity after that either. In fact, in the Bible he is referred to as a hypocrite. Peter, Paul, and Barnabas are our heroes too.

It’s everywhere! Sometimes I want to tell God that we really do need better heroes than the ones he gave us and that he certainly could have kept some of the family secrets to himself.

One of the most important passages in the Bible is in Genesis 15. It is about a ceremony where God sealed the covenant he had made with Abram (later Abraham).

It’s kind of a bloody deal. This is how it worked. It was called “cutting a covenant.” (We would say “cutting a deal.”) The cutting up part came in cutting animals in half (in this case a heifer, a goat, a ram, a turtledove, and a pigeon) and putting the halves on each side of a path through which the people who were making the covenant/deal walked, thus sealing the deal. Each person had certain obligations or responsibilities and got a certain return. The symbolism of the whole process suggested that those who “cut the covenant” as they walked down the path between the two halves were saying, “If I don’t fulfill my side of this covenant, may the same thing that happened to these animals happen to me.”

Abram then went into a deep sleep, and the text reads, “When the sun had gone down and it was dark, behold, a smoking fire pot and a flaming torch passed between these pieces. On that day the Lord made a covenant with Abram, saying, ‘To your offspring I give this land, from the river of Egypt to the great river, the river Euphrates’” (vv. 17–18).

The interesting thing about this particular “cutting of the covenant” is that Abram didn’t walk through the pieces of cut-up animals. The truly amazing thing about the whole incident is that it was God—and God alone—who walked down the path between the cut-up animals. God was saying that Abram wasn’t required to do anything, to obey the laws of the covenant, to be faithful, or anything else. That was God’s business; he would fulfill all the requirements and obligations of the covenant!

That, of course, was the beginning of the story that has an incredible climax on a cross where God came and covered every requirement of the covenant with the blood of his own Son. During the Reformation when Luther said that the only thing he brought to his salvation was his sin and his reluctance, he articulated the amazing message of the Christian faith—God did all the fulfilling that needed fulfilling, and that means we don’t have to fulfill anything.

IMO We will get better, and we won’t be able to help it.

Paul wrote to the Philippians, “And I am sure of this, that he who began a good work in you will bring it to completion at the day of Jesus Christ” (Philippians 1:6). The apostle John adds his affirmation, “Beloved, we are God’s children now, and what we will be has not yet appeared; but we know that when he appears we shall be like him” (1 John 3:2).

The Christian faith has never been passive. “Go,” “speak,” “defend,” “fight,” “do,” etc. are words found throughout the Bible. I wouldn’t suggest that you just sit around doing nothing. Rather let me suggest that you do something (preferably something you like, are good at, and which doesn’t cause more damage than you can fix) and “let the devil take what he is throwing at you.” I promise that you will one day wake up and find that you “smell like Jesus.” You will find yourself better than you were. It’s the promise of God and the experience of every believer who refused to get neurotic about his or her own goodness and obedience.

I read a quote by Ken Rite, that suggested that when you come running to God, he gives you a mirror and a picture of Jesus. God says, “Look in the mirror, and then look at the picture. As we walk together, you are going to change from what you are to what he is. Meanwhile, go on about your business and let me walk with you.”

The Bible says that if we are in Christ, we are a new creation. “The old has passed away; behold, the new has come” (2 Corinthians 5:17).

But it becomes a problem when we turn that fact into a commandment. Paul isn’t saying that we should do anything. He is telling us who we are. You don’t have to work, be more religious, be pure enough for unbelievers to notice, read the Bible, or pray to become a new creation—that is what you already are. And for the rest of your life he will work in you to make you like Jesus.

What God starts, he always finishes. The very fact that he started his work in you is an absolute promise that you will be completed . . . so lighten up and go live your life without all the religious obsession over your own purity and goodness. Nobody cares whether you’re good or not, and while God cares, he doesn’t obsess over your goodness. He did something about it. God forgave you when you didn’t deserve it, and he gave you the righteousness of his Son. We are fixed, and we probably don’t even know it.

Thanks for reading..

Werbung:
Sorry for making you nauseous. Actually I think you made yourself nauseous, with all that talk about shooting people in the head. LOL I don't remember saying, or implying anything of the sort. How about if people absolutely CANNOT control their sexual urges, they try to use the birth control that has been available...almost free of charge, for a long long time? Is it too much to ask that someone NOT get pregnant in the first place? I am old enough to remember the world BEFORE the pill became wide-spread. There were VERY FEW out-of wedlock pregnancies, in proportion to the number we see now. Why is that? That is because the liberal mindset that took hold back then left out the caveat of personal responsibility. If you're going to have freedom to do whatever you wish with your body, you also have the responsibility to not become a burden to other people, because of your choices. It is naive and immature to expect anyone else to pick up your slack, and pay for your mistakes. Just killing the result of a careless night doesn't seem like a viable solution to me either. And btw, don't sleep with D-bags.
No, you didnt say or imply anything of the sort. I was suggesting it because if we did things your way getting shot in the head would be a lot quicker and a lot less pain than slowly starving to death. If I ever get in a position where I'm going to have to starve to death I'll be begging people to pull the trigger for me.

I'm being totally honest and sincere here... Wanting to take away every single option a woman has is... I'm really glad none of your tribe are in office. By tribe, I'm referring to your political party. The philosophy behind all of it... Why does the party hate poor people? If the party kills off all the poor people, the gap between the super rich and the least rich starts slightly closing in. Can you guess who the poor people are going to be when that happens? How long do you think they'll let the middle class bums enjoy themselves before they are turned into the very thing that the middle class hated to begin with?

Truth be told, not too many Americans like Obama. Contrast that against his popularity back in 2008 or thereabouts. So they really have nothing against the man, it's what he'd done while in office which pissed them off.

Some polls indicated that most people wouldn't vote for the Democrats neither in the Mid-term elections nor in the presidential election. The results of the Mid-term elections according to those pollsters, showed that the Republicans had gained some popularity and would, if they chose a really good candidate, win the elections easily. The reason given for that? Obama.

Do you agree that Obama is hurting Hillary's chances as it has been alleged?

I'll just put it this way; I'm not happy with either the crap sandwich or the stable sweepings stew. Neither party is putting forth anyone who I believe will take the nation in a different direction than it is going today.
What do we need to change you ask? Not too much, just a little would help.

1. We need to raise taxes. Our nation does not have a spending problem, we have a funding problem. We have allowed greedy people to convince us that taxes were too high in this nation and now we have the lowest taxes of just about any first world nation in the world. This is great for the capital class who have money to move, but it is not so great for the rest of us who depend on the fair taxes upon this class to keep the nation running. You know that ol' fashion promoting the general welfare kinda thing.

2. We need to reel in banking and make it a public affair. Private banking benefits no one except private BANKERS. Nope, don't even say it...it doesn't. Your fees would be lower and your money would be safer if it was in a public bank. What few examples we have of this in the nation prove it time and time again.

3. We need to publicly finance elections and get private money out of politics. Politics has become big business and it was NEVER intended to be such. As things will go, it has now become indebted to such big business that they have too much influence upon our political process with only a few exceptions......the house recently rebelling against ALEC on fast tracking TPP for example....This is not really a win though.....more then likely they are going to pass this "secret" bill before anyone in the public can raise an objection to any nonsense it might contain.

4. Unlike many of my brothers and sisters out there, I think we need to expand defense spending and raise taxes to do so. We have some up and comers who at one point will want to challenge us and when they do so we need to shock and awe them back a couple decades without really lifting a finger to do so.

5. Jobs need to stay here. Global trade is a fine thing, it really is. Living wages are a even greater thing and right now, most global trade programs have placed downward pressure on wages at a time when inflation is driving the prices of essential goods and services up. Why should labor suffer because of global trade? Answer is they shouldn't.

6. We need to dramatically expand public science funding and change the law where discoveries can go into creative commons where the artificial scarcity of the patent and copyright markets cannot keep prices high to enrich small amounts of people by allowing them to keep prices high. No publicly financed discovery should be patented by a single company who will make all the profits off of it. Such discoveries should be "generic" as soon as commercialized.

Just a few ideas that if any candidate would endorse that just about everyone except the capital class would be all over them for doing so.

I'm not holding my breath...

I'll just put it this way; I'm not happy with either the crap sandwich or the stable sweepings stew. Neither party is putting forth anyone who I believe will take the nation in a different direction than it is going today.
What do we need to change you ask? Not too much, just a little would help.

1. We need to raise taxes. Our nation does not have a spending problem, we have a funding problem. We have allowed greedy people to convince us that taxes were too high in this nation and now we have the lowest taxes of just about any first world nation in the world. This is great for the capital class who have money to move, but it is not so great for the rest of us who depend on the fair taxes upon this class to keep the nation running. You know that ol' fashion promoting the general welfare kinda thing.

2. We need to reel in banking and make it a public affair. Private banking benefits no one except private BANKERS. Nope, don't even say it...it doesn't. Your fees would be lower and your money would be safer if it was in a public bank. What few examples we have of this in the nation prove it time and time again.

3. We need to publicly finance elections and get private money out of politics. Politics has become big business and it was NEVER intended to be such. As things will go, it has now become indebted to such big business that they have too much influence upon our political process with only a few exceptions......the house recently rebelling against ALEC on fast tracking TPP for example....This is not really a win though.....more then likely they are going to pass this "secret" bill before anyone in the public can raise an objection to any nonsense it might contain.

4. Unlike many of my brothers and sisters out there, I think we need to expand defense spending and raise taxes to do so. We have some up and comers who at one point will want to challenge us and when they do so we need to shock and awe them back a couple decades without really lifting a finger to do so.

5. Jobs need to stay here. Global trade is a fine thing, it really is. Living wages are a even greater thing and right now, most global trade programs have placed downward pressure on wages at a time when inflation is driving the prices of essential goods and services up. Why should labor suffer because of global trade? Answer is they shouldn't.

6. We need to dramatically expand public science funding and change the law where discoveries can go into creative commons where the artificial scarcity of the patent and copyright markets cannot keep prices high to enrich small amounts of people by allowing them to keep prices high. No publicly financed discovery should be patented by a single company who will make all the profits off of it. Such discoveries should be "generic" as soon as commercialized.

Just a few ideas that if any candidate would endorse that just about everyone except the capital class would be all over them for doing so.

I'm not holding my breath...

so you want Bernie Sanders for 5 of 6

also really we need to spend more on Military we spend more then the top 20 others combined or something, and most of them are allies of us...we need smarter military spending not more

First of all the Democrats will not lose. Bernie Sanders is a amazing, honest, caring and brilliant human being and I am praying that he will become our next President.

Now my question is this: Why is it that Americans freak out and panic when they hear the word "socialized"? I lived in Australia for half a decade where socialized medicine and education are extremely successful programs. Interestingly enough, the government there is not run by extremist corrupt communists such as in the old Soviet Union. It is an excellent example of which we (United States) would be wise to follow.

Truth be told, not too many Americans like Obama. Contrast that against his popularity back in 2008 or thereabouts. So they really have nothing against the man, it's what he'd done while in office which pissed them off.

Some polls indicated that most people wouldn't vote for the Democrats neither in the Mid-term elections nor in the presidential election. The results of the Mid-term elections according to those pollsters, showed that the Republicans had gained some popularity and would, if they chose a really good candidate, win the elections easily. The reason given for that? Obama.

Do you agree that Obama is hurting Hillary's chances as it has been alleged?

Obama and his administration is bad news in all of American history. He has hurt and irritated the whole country's values --principles in which the American people have framed and founded the great United States of America.

There's this old saying, "A foolish king rises up, the people moan (grieved)."

Obama and his administration is bad news in all of American history. He has hurt and irritated the whole country's values --principles in which the American people have framed and founded the great United States of America.

There's this old saying, "A foolish king rises up, the people moan (grieved)."
just curiosity, I promise... but which values and principals?

As a legal citizen of United States of America (are you?) , I suggest, please, that you go back to history. Read and internalize in your heart and soul the September 17, 1787 Constitution and its Amendments, here https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_States_Constitution

Ben Shapiro "The First Amendment is Dead" has some great wisdom why he says what he observes. You don't have to agree. And you don't have to NOT hear and see, firsthand, Shapiro's point of view, either. I share his point of view. And then, decide for yourself "which values and principles" America was founded on.

Enjoy!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?t=160&v=tDrVWaig9o4

First of all the Democrats will not lose. Bernie Sanders is a amazing, honest, caring and brilliant human being and I am praying that he will become our next President.

Now my question is this: Why is it that Americans freak out and panic when they hear the word "socialized"? I lived in Australia for half a decade where socialized medicine and education are extremely successful programs. Interestingly enough, the government there is not run by extremist corrupt communists such as in the old Soviet Union. It is an excellent example of which we (United States) would be wise to follow.
Because we are a stupid stupid nation. Its amazing we are a superpower still.

As a legal citizen of United States of America (are you?) , I suggest, please, that you go back to history. Read and internalize in your heart and soul the September 17, 1787 Constitution and its Amendments, here https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_States_Constitution

Ben Shapiro "The First Amendment is Dead" has some great wisdom why he says what he observes. You don't have to agree. And you don't have to NOT hear and see, firsthand, Shapiro's point of view, either. I share his point of view. And then, decide for yourself "which values and principles" America was founded on.

Enjoy!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?t=160&v=tDrVWaig9o4

reading your posts I get the idea your not from here...

Werbung:
Hillary seems to be going downhill with the email scandal. Unless the democrats can bring in a popular candidate, the Republicans might take it. However, I'm not sure if Trump will be the one though. Populists like Trump, Perot, or Ron Paul, usually get whacked.

Back