Is State offices closed because of good friday is a violation of the consitution?

steveox

I think it is. Its a violation between church and state. Good Friday isn't a government holiday its an religious holiday. So why cant the ACLU take this case to the U.S Supreme court? So they can rule against it. So on future good Friday holidays you cant take off school or work on good Friday.

Werbung:
I think you don't understand the 1st amendment ... but, don't feel bad ... most don't.

What does separation between church & state mean? Like for example its illegal to bring a bible to school

I recommend http://law2.umkc.edu/faculty/projects/ftrials/firstamendment/firstamendmenthome.htm as a primer about the 1st amendment. In this case, pay attention to the 'Religious Clauses' near the bottom of the page.

I think it clearly demonstrates the impact of activist judges who have twisted the 'intent' of the 1st amendment to suit particular political goals.
----------------------------
BTW - apropos to nothing ... another interesting read is http://law2.umkc.edu/faculty/projects/ftrials/conlaw/association.htm - a discussion about the right to NOT associate ... food for thought about the recent issues of baking cakes for gay weddings.

Last edited:
Dog go watch movie "One last ounce of courage"
Its already happening

Towns have banned Christmas decorations from being displayed
Home owners assn. banned nativity displays on owners front yards
Some companies forbid you say Merry Christmas to customers
Its illegal to bring a bible to school
Its illegal to pray in school
You cant do an Christmas play in school
You cant display Christmas tree in some public places
And you cant display the 10 commandments on public property

You see our freedoms are being taken away each day and you don't even know it

Well we can celebrate good Friday without Mail not being delivered. or Sanitation dept has day off. Or state offices are closed. Kinda like Holloween for example. How come state offices Sanitation dept are open as well mail delivered on Holloween?

Werbung:
Back