Is the White Male Under Attack?

caryn4freedom

The topic of reverse discrimination has been an extremely controversial and difficult to debate. Many of us have heard whispers here and there about the injustices that affirmative action laws have done to non-minority groups, when quite honestly, there should be a roar. Why is this?
Fear. The liberal media has taken to calling anyone who might call for ACTUAL color-blind equal opportunity as racist and bigoted, or those who disapprove of more qualified men being passed over for promotions in place of women, just to meet quota, as misogynists. There seems no ability to sit down and have a logical debate about the effectiveness of these laws. The minorities in favor use irrelevant emotional arguments and anyone who points it out is written off as a bigot.
Let me point out that anyone who is alive today to have seen the remnants of slavery was not old enough at the time to have actually owned slaves. As a white female whose American lineage can be traced as far back as the time of the revolution, I can honestly say there is a good chance that someone in my ancestry had a part in slavery. And yet I certainly don’t give my racially mixed family members more chores to do when they visit my home! My sons don’t have a racist bone in their body, and their girlfriends are very intelligent, strong willed young women.
Seeing as the only strong argument I ever hear in favor of affirmative action is due to all of the harm “we” have caused minorities, why is it my sons, who have never done anything to harm these groups, are being passed over for scholarships while their half-Hispanic cousin has a free ride to college? My nephew is no dummy, but neither are my boys. They have all been at about the same level of ability, grades, and extracurricular activities, yet because of the color of their skin, I have to go into debt to give them an opportunity to succeed in life. Then entering the workforce, they have to contend with racial quotas. Author Dr. DeFelice mentions in his book, “Attack on the White Male and the Weakening of America”, that colleges consistently hold “diversity days” and fail to invite white males! For any who have failed to get their hands on this book yet, you can find more information at doctordefelice.com
I truly dream of a world where I am not asked my racial background on every legal document I sign. I dream of a world where competition and greater skill choose our leaders for tomorrow, and not the amount of melanin in our skin or the nature of our genitals.
Discrimination is wrong. To try to make right the injustices done to minorities by doing injustices to people of a majority is ridiculous, and someone needs to stand up for the white male and demand freedom from discrimination. Women outnumber men. And minority groups, when combined into one, outnumber whites. If all of the minority groups get together and fight for this legalized discrimination, who becomes the minority? Now who can't speak up for fear of attack??

Werbung:
The topic of reverse discrimination has been an extremely controversial and difficult to debate. Many of us have heard whispers here and there about the injustices that affirmative action laws have done to non-minority groups, when quite honestly, there should be a roar. Why is this?
Fear. The liberal media has taken to calling anyone who might call for ACTUAL color-blind equal opportunity as racist and bigoted, or those who disapprove of more qualified men being passed over for promotions in place of women, just to meet quota, as misogynists. There seems no ability to sit down and have a logical debate about the effectiveness of these laws. The minorities in favor use irrelevant emotional arguments and anyone who points it out is written off as a bigot.
Let me point out that anyone who is alive today to have seen the remnants of slavery was not old enough at the time to have actually owned slaves. As a white female whose American lineage can be traced as far back as the time of the revolution, I can honestly say there is a good chance that someone in my ancestry had a part in slavery. And yet I certainly don’t give my racially mixed family members more chores to do when they visit my home! My sons don’t have a racist bone in their body, and their girlfriends are very intelligent, strong willed young women.
Seeing as the only strong argument I ever hear in favor of affirmative action is due to all of the harm “we” have caused minorities, why is it my sons, who have never done anything to harm these groups, are being passed over for scholarships while their half-Hispanic cousin has a free ride to college? My nephew is no dummy, but neither are my boys. They have all been at about the same level of ability, grades, and extracurricular activities, yet because of the color of their skin, I have to go into debt to give them an opportunity to succeed in life. Then entering the workforce, they have to contend with racial quotas. Author Dr. DeFelice mentions in his book, “Attack on the White Male and the Weakening of America”, that colleges consistently hold “diversity days” and fail to invite white males! For any who have failed to get their hands on this book yet, you can find more information at doctordefelice.com
I truly dream of a world where I am not asked my racial background on every legal document I sign. I dream of a world where competition and greater skill choose our leaders for tomorrow, and not the amount of melanin in our skin or the nature of our genitals.
Discrimination is wrong. To try to make right the injustices done to minorities by doing injustices to people of a majority is ridiculous, and someone needs to stand up for the white male and demand freedom from discrimination. Women outnumber men. And minority groups, when combined into one, outnumber whites. If all of the minority groups get together and fight for this legalized discrimination, who becomes the minority? Now who can't speak up for fear of attack??

Welcome to the HOP freedom, I enjoyed reading your post. I agree with much of it :) I dream of a day when MLK Jr.'s dream is realized and we really do judge by the content of character rather than color of skin. Only then will we truly be all equal.

I hope to see more posts by you...

Happy posting!

No ,, Black Males are under attack when police officers get Black NFL players and arrest them,,But not on white NFL players like Big Ben for example.

First, welcome to the board, and congratulations on a thoughtful first post.

As a white male, I sometimes have wondered about the same thing, but don't really feel "picked on", despite the rantings of some of the black and brown racists in the world. I am of a definite minority group here in California's farm country.

We have come a long way toward the realization of MLK's dream of a world in which it is the content of character that counts, but we're not there yet.

I can remember a teacher's meeting in which the subject of "people of color" was discussed by an "expert" in racial relations. Our school was overwhelmingly Hispanic, with a few Asians thrown in to the mix and even a white or two. The phrase "people of color" just sounds phony, and I said so. There is no monolithic group of people with more melanin than the average Northern European and their descendants, just a whole lot of different peoples and cultures.

On the other hand, have you ever watched the TV series "What would you do?" They set up situations and see what bystanders will do. Most of the time, it makes a real difference when the actor is black. It also matters whether the actor is female, how he/she is dressed, and a whole lot more.

Sometimes we don't think we're racist, but do subconsciously treat people differently because of the way they look, including racial characteristics.

Werbung:
Nice post.

Regarding slavery, I like you have ancestors who were here at the time of the Revolution. None owned slaves as they were poor farmers and very religious.

Many of my ancestors fought to end slavery during the Civil War including one who died outside Atlanta fighting with Sherman...at the age of 18. This fact is missing in this whole debate about discrimination, affirmative action, and slavery. Many white Americans have ancestors who fought to end slavery. Are they to be commended or remembered????

IMO the white male has been discriminated for decades at least in some occupations/industries. But, we shall overcome.

Life is not fair. Get over it.

Back