Is There A God ???

Werbung:
Thats a logical answer? That everything has always existed and always will?

ummm. yeah.
all elements will always remain.
and when humans are gone... so will be God... and everything will still be there.
unless you think God will be sitting in the clouds playing with some other race of creatures like evolved kangaroos who believe that eucalyptus is the root of all evil.

ummm. I don't care. I just know there is no God that is omnipresent, omnipotent or omnimous. we are on our own.

I agree that whatever created us is certainly not all of those. This leads me to believe that Christianity in particular is a sham.

However, I believe there is sufficient indication around us to suggest that something outside of our existence and certainly our knowledge may have created us.

Hi, I'm new to this forum.
Aftering having read all the replies to this topic I have a l lot to say:

... Having learned how to lift my consciousness out of my physical body, I have come to think that "I" am not my physical body and that my consciousness is separate from it in some way. Have you ever experimented with anything like that ...

That’s true.
It makes sense that when we say: “I” or “Me” we’re not actually referring to our body or a part of it . not even our heart nor our brain. We feel that there is a supreme being in us that we refer it by saying “I” or “me”. This supreme being is what is known or at least called as spirit or ghost or whatever.
You must have read or heard about people who have experienced “Temporarily Death”. These people have reported that they have seen their bodies left apart from them on the hospital bed and they were wondering who that guy is sleeping on that bed. In most cases, at first they are not aware that this is their body lying on the bed. Why? because they don’t feel any connection between that dead body and THEMSELVES.
“If that guy left apart on that bed is me. So who am I? I’m thinking, I’m seeing, I’m hearing people around me”. This is the time when they realize that their body was a load of meat and blood and bones. Things that they have always thought of parts of their being.
And yeah, these stuff can’t be explained by science. Because science is far too weak to explain things when they come to Metaphysics. I’m so much passionate to continue this but first I want to have your ideas about them.

However, I believe there is sufficient indication around us to suggest that something outside of our existence and certainly our knowledge may have created us.

That is very well put. As long as you stick with "may", I agree with that.

I agree that whatever created us is certainly not all of those. This leads me to believe that Christianity in particular is a sham.

so who created the dinosaurs? the same outside thing-of-magig?
if someone created women then he wouldn't make us have a period, that's the most ridiculious thing ever. I wanna talk to this outside guy cuz I'm pissed.

Great!

Another half-baked atheist who doesn't know any better.

You cannot see the evidence all around you? Where do you suppose everything came from, eh? I'll make it a multiple choice type of question so you wouldn't hurt yourself unnecessarily.

I don't discuss philosophy with idiots......if you ever manage to grow up, get back to me:rolleyes:

Your comment about rejecting the idea of a separate human consciousness is only valid if you do the research for yourself,

You asked "what is God"? I don't know, I don't have any proof of a god or proof of no god. .

Just so you know Mare, I think you're probably a very nice and gentle person, and I do appreciate those qualities in people, but when I discuss philosophy/the science of philosophy, I also consider that others might be reading it, and I'm in the "truth telling" business, so that means I'm going to be disagreeing with you all over the place.

The biggest problem I have with your claim of out of body experience is that I don't believe it can be independently and rationally verified.....now you'll probably re-issue me with the challenge to test it myself, but how do I know I've left my body rather than imagined it?.....also, what are the benefits to doing this anyway?

I certainly prefer agnostics to theists on most occasions, however, atheism is the only valid/logical belief we can hold, ie, there's no proof that God exists, and for that matter, God is undefined and subsequently beyond disproving.....I can't even begin to try and disprove something that is undefined.....but if someone could provide me with one physical characteristic of their God, I'd be willing to analyse it.

I accept that there's mystery in the universe, ie, we don't know everything about how it functions, but whatever knowledge we do eventually acquire, it will be in scientific form, not mystical.

I don't dislike people like you Mare, but if you're genuinely interested in the truth, you should read Objectivism/the science of philosophy and also read an article or 2 on what Objective science is......all of this will take you months if not yrs if you're serious.

Werbung:

Another half-baked atheist who doesn't know any better.

You cannot see the evidence all around you? Where do you suppose everything came from, eh? I'll make it a multiple choice type of question so you wouldn't hurt yourself unnecessarily.

Duh uh.

These are the immature and unproductive comments to which I was retaliating against......did you miss them, or is numnuts a HofP attack dog of some form?

Back