Is there a law against the press leaking sobriety checkpoints?

steveox

The press for some reason will not tell you where checkpoints are being served. Is there a law prohibits the press leaking sobriety checkpoints or the press is protecting the government and law enforcement officers?

Werbung:
Well the press does other things against the government. Like when Bush was president there was a secret military satellite launched into space. It was supposed to be top secret off limits to everyone. But the Washington post leaked it out what its supposed to do and there were no arrests by the FBI and no prosecutions. Back in WWII press was off limits and any leaking would result in death penalty for treason.
http://pronlinenews.com/?p=7203

Well the press does other things against the government. Like when Bush was president there was a secret military satellite launched into space. It was supposed to be top secret off limits to everyone. But the Washington post leaked it out what its supposed to do and there were no arrests by the FBI and no prosecutions. Back in WWII press was off limits and any leaking would result in death penalty for treason.
http://pronlinenews.com/?p=7203

no it wouldnt.

the only way the press got news our of theater was military communication.
managing the imbedded press was one of my dad's.jobs in WWII.

of course the press was more willing to do the right thing back then as their skins depended on it.

thee are probably phone aps for these checkpoints if youre bound and determined to risk you life and orhets on the roafs.

Well both General Patton and FDR gave a stern warning to the media they would be arrested and tried for treason if any military top secret project leaked from the press. Hoover also said hes gonna go after violators to the fullest extent of the law.

Well both General Patton and FDR gave a stern warning to the media they would be arrested and tried for treason if any military top secret project leaked from the press. Hoover also said hes gonna go after violators to the fullest extent of the law.

and they got the message however threats of treason trials and convictions are two different things. that had more to do with making a point among ther populace on the "loose lips sink ships" message.

You know its the truth! I wonder if you and Stalin are buddies here. Im not talking about the dead Stalin. Im talking bout our comrade Stalin.

The press for some reason will not tell you where checkpoints are being served. Is there a law prohibits the press leaking sobriety checkpoints or the press is protecting the government and law enforcement officers?

When I lived in Iowa the local station gave out the location of speed traps, and DUI checkpoints. Now I am in Oregon, and they do the same thing. Fortunately they don't do it very often, the checkpoints that is.

Werbung:
Well in Baltimore local TV never give out where the state troopers are serving checkpoints. Gee I wonder if Maryland ever becomes republican then the press might start giving it away.

Back