Is this Halloween costume offensive?

PLC1

Staff member
091016_illegal_alien_costum.jpg

Apparently, some people find it so. Target will be removing it from their shelves as a result of "outrage".

What do you think?

Werbung:
091016_illegal_alien_costum.jpg

Apparently, some people do. Target will be removing it from their shelves as a result of "outrage".

What do you think?

Who is mad about it? what group?

If you look at it from the point of view of someone who thinks we should secure the borders, I guess they could get mad because its like saying the only illegals are from other planets or that its just a joke all together.

If you are looking at it from an illegal aliens point of view from mexico, perhaps they think no one should be illegal even if your from another planet.

So I can see why both sides of it. IF I were to be offended, and I am not... I would be offended that the topic has become a joke and the idea of illegals are only those from other planets.

That's crazy. More liberal idiocy.

There is nothing offensive about that.

The costume, sold on Target's web site, features a mask of an extraterrestrial being, wearing an orange jumpsuit with "illegal Alien" written on it, and a "green card" accessory.

Angelica Salas, executive director of the Coalition for Humane Immigrant Rights of Los Angeles, says she emailed Target Headquarters on Friday, calling the costume "distasteful, mean-spirited, and ignorant of social stigmas and current debate on immigration reform."

Interesting to lay the blame at the 'LIBERALS' doorstep {ANDY} :confused:

When in fact this item wasn't on any of the shelves at any of the Target stores it was only accessed by going to the web site...so it wasn't like all of the illegals that stock the shelves during the midnight hours were even aware that there was a rather objectionable costume available for them to purchase.

For me; I found it highly amusing but as most on here know...I'm slightly twisted and enjoy that 'Far Side' sense of humor ;)

And here is a real A$$ Kicker...I loved the response from Pandora:
I would be offended that the topic has become a joke and the idea of illegals are only those from other planets.
NOW THAT IS FUNNY AND I DON'T CARE WHAT PLANET YOU ARE FROM :D

What I find "offensive", is that there are millions of persons from other countries that are here illegally (against the law), and somehow it is rationalized that they are not law-breakers and should be deported, denied citizen benefits, or employed.

Mexico: Solve your own poverty problems. Nationalize your huge amount of oil wells and distribute the wealth among the Mexican people.

Interesting to lay the blame at the 'LIBERALS' doorstep {ANDY} :confused:

When in fact this item wasn't on any of the shelves at any of the Target stores it was only accessed by going to the web site...so it wasn't like all of the illegals that stock the shelves during the midnight hours were even aware that there was a rather objectionable costume available for them to purchase.

For me; I found it highly amusing but as most on here know...I'm slightly twisted and enjoy that 'Far Side' sense of humor ;)

And here is a real A$$ Kicker...I loved the response from Pandora: NOW THAT IS FUNNY AND I DON'T CARE WHAT PLANET YOU ARE FROM

I think you're take is the most appropriate ASPCA.

First... I have no idea how Andy made this a "Liberal" deal.:confused: I guess some will take a slander shot at the other political side even when there's absolutely zero connection.

Secondly... I don't find it offensive either. An actually ALIEN from another planet is an ALIEN for christ sakes.:D

Third... If some really want to morph this into an immigration message then they must not be Democrat or Republican because Ronald Reagan actually did an amnesty program himself when he was President.

What I find "offensive", is that there are millions of persons from other countries that are here illegally (against the law), and somehow it is rationalized that they are not law-breakers and should be deported, denied citizen benefits, or employed.

Mexico: Solve your own poverty problems. Nationalize your huge amount of oil wells and distribute the wealth among the Mexican people.

I don't disagree with the fact that people here illegally are breaking the law and should have to be here legally.

But this costume really only has something to do with space aliens so it's hard for me to get any other message out of it than that. I guess if it were a Mexican mask and not a space alien I could see some outrage because it would sort of be implying that all Mexicans are illegals... but in the space creature form... no harm no foul IMO.

But would you have purchased this costume..have you ever worn a politically incorrect {according to today's standards} costume:confused:

You know I have thought about this and I'm remembering some pretty politically 'INCORRECT' costumes that I have worn in the past: Pregnant Nun, HOBO, Hillbilly, Gypsy, Cowboy Flasher, Blind Spook, Wicked Witch w/a decapitated child {doll}, Pumpkin head w/a ½ eaten canine hanging out of my pumpkin mouth, Deranged Butcher, Psycho Surgeon etc., etc., etc., and I loved each and every uniquely home made costume...and had I had the 'NEED' to do another one...this would possibly be right up there with a MUST HAVE! :p

It's predictable that the hispanic groups and liberal blogs are in an uproar
about it!

They may be successful in stopping it, because they are backed
by president Obama via money and lobbyists!

It's called CHANGE!

about it!

It's called CHANGE!

Jeez ASUR...your one tracked mind must be a real crowd-pleaser {somewhere in this universe} but quite boring and mundane around here...could you respond to the topic?

Is this Halloween costume offensive??? Yes/No...you don't, nor have you ever dressed up for Halloween?

about it!

It's called CHANGE!

Actually, ignoring the problem of illegal immigration is not called change, quite the contrary. It is called business as usual, and has been supported since the Eisenhower administration by Democrats and Republicans alike.

It is not a left/right issue, not in any way.

Jeez ASUR...your one tracked mind must be a real crowd-pleaser {somewhere in this universe} but quite boring and mundane around here...could you respond to the topic?

Is this Halloween costume offensive??? Yes/No...you don't, nor have you ever dressed up for Halloween?

How can he answer?

You and I both said it's not offensive because IT'S A REAL ALIEN!!!!!!! There's no way he can answer and bash Obama.

It's just sad... pathetic actually that there are a couple folks in here that don't really have any position on anything except to try and morph anything bad or controversial onto their President of the United States of America.

But here's the real flesh out on just who the nuts really are on Halloween.

How about picking on little children if they won't walk in Gestapo lockstep to what some scary Conservative orders them to do!:eek: Looks like the intimidation tactics didn't work with kids or their parents considering President Obama's big win!

Family Values my ass. These are just not good people at Halloween or any other time.

Werbung:
Back