IS THIS--The "Summer of Recovery", I'm Still Waiting

Werbung:
Lol, the phrase is "separate the wheat from the chaff," so I guess we know where you fall on that spectrum. ha!

Actually--one DOES separate the wheat from the shaft, the 'chaff' is the residue/by-product.
It depends on what the intention of the phrase was. :p

Are you somehow implying with the beginning text of this post that Greece more than likely about to make an exit from the eurozone thus causing pause among all banks everywhere, is somehow President Obama's fault?

he shortened the timeline by his actions and inactions that thwarted recovery internationally.

Lol, the phrase is "separate the wheat from the chaff," so I guess we know where you fall on that spectrum. ha!

Oh yeah. Being rude and spelling a phrase correctly will really save you in a depression.

he shortened the timeline by his actions and inactions that thwarted recovery internationally.

Considering American monetary policy is controlled by the federal reserve and fiscal policy is controlled by congress, and America can't really do anything to affect European markets (besides making us more uncompetitive by strengthening the dollar) what exactly do you suggest he does?

Considering American monetary policy is controlled by the federal reserve and fiscal policy is controlled by congress, and America can't really do anything to affect European markets (besides making us more uncompetitive by strengthening the dollar) what exactly do you suggest he does?

you actually believe that ?

we can absolutely impact world markets with Bernake's currency manipulation (QE I, II, III twisting etc), failures to promote growth (across the board policy-wise) both of whuichh hurt sales from them to us not to mention from us to them. and now that they're dying our manufacturing has contracted for the first time in years (euro being better off than us was the only lifeline we had in that sector),

the dollar only strengthened because Ben can't QE anymore and europe is tanking (they're weakening making us seem less weak). that and the fact that there is all this tanking is responsible for gas getting a little cheaper.

the fact that there is all this tanking is responsible for gas getting a little cheaper.

I wished food prices would go back to what they were before Obummer got into office. I get more discouraged, and buy less, every time I step into the market.

I wished food prices would go back to what they were before Obummer got into office. I get more discouraged, and buy less, every time I step into the market.

ergo why consumer sentiment is important. If you're buying less, somebody is selling less which ripples right on down the supply chain.

ergo why consumer sentiment is important. If you're buying less, somebody is selling less which ripples right on down the supply chain.

I know I don't spend near what I used to. There is just too much uncertainty out there about where the economy is headed. Probably one reason our growth rate is flat. I heard today that manufacturing is below 50 and future contracts (whatever that term is) are way down. Not looking good.

you actually believe that ?

we can absolutely impact world markets with Bernake's currency manipulation (QE I, II, III twisting etc), failures to promote growth (across the board policy-wise) both of whuichh hurt sales from them to us not to mention from us to them. and now that they're dying our manufacturing has contracted for the first time in years (euro being better off than us was the only lifeline we had in that sector),

the dollar only strengthened because Ben can't QE anymore and europe is tanking (they're weakening making us seem less weak). that and the fact that there is all this tanking is responsible for gas getting a little cheaper.

You seem to have misunderstood part of my argument and agreed with the rest of it. The part that you agreed with was that there is really nothing Barack Obama can do about us sinking into a depression, and thus he is not at fault for this situation; and, second, no amount of QE or really anything we can do can save Europe, seeing as how what plagues them are structural problems, not matters of just a slow down in demand or a lack of supply. Also, all of this talk about, "just don't buy it and the price will go down" indicates a basic lack of understanding about how elasticity in markets work.

Oh yeah. Being rude and spelling a phrase correctly will really save you in a depression.
No, but misuse of common phrases is an excellent indicator of the credibility of the source, and whether or not their opinions are informed.

No, but misuse of common phrases is an excellent indicator of the credibility of the source, and whether or not their opinions are informed.

I guess that would depend on how one's opinions were formed in the first place. In the intellectual halls of liberal academia? Through the slanted bias and blackout of the truth in the media? Tell me oh great one, where does one go to get this information that you speak of? Or maybe I should just figure out how to turn on my spell-check. Would that convince you of my credibility?

Now let's get back to my original post about "separating the wheat from the chaff" in a depression. Or was your only reason to respond exactly what I said, to be rude and now belittle? That must make you feel real superior.

You seem to have misunderstood part of my argument and agreed with the rest of it. The part that you agreed with was that there is really nothing Barack Obama can do about us sinking into a depression, and thus he is not at fault for this situation; and, second, no amount of QE or really anything we can do can save Europe, seeing as how what plagues them are structural problems, not matters of just a slow down in demand or a lack of supply. Also, all of this talk about, "just don't buy it and the price will go down" indicates a basic lack of understanding about how elasticity in markets work.

there is nothing he can do now, his actions hasve precipitated this and I cannot conceive of any way to stop it.

it was easily avoidable had he taken proper actions all along.

Werbung:
Back