Is Waterboarding Torture?

GenSeneca

Is Waterboarding Torture?

Yes or No

Feel free to elaborate from there.

(If an admin can edit this thread post to include a poll, that would be super)

Werbung:
Yes. thats why we train out troops on it, when training how to deal with being Tortured..

If you support it, then you support it being done to out troops and saying it was ok and legal.

Also it is not effective unless you just want them to say what you want...it in no way means that you get the truth. They can still lie, or confess just to get you to stop. its meaningless.

Water suffocating a human being... does this really need explanation? Of course it's TORTURE. It's Bush/Cheney TORTURE!

NEVER FORGET WHAT YOU GOT WITH PEOPLE WHO WILL PROSECUTE OTHERS WHO TORTURE AND THEN JUSTIFY THE SAME TORTURE WHEN THEY WANT TO USE IT!

Never vote Republican... they're just waiting to do it again!

Count me in on a solid yes vote. In regards to installing a poll after the thread is started, I am not sure of a way to do it. But you can start a new thread including a poll and I will just delete this one.

Considering those who have responded so far, I dont think we will miss any votes as they are all regulars. They will just have to actually vote in the new thread.

I think it depends on the manner it is conducted. It was not torture in the manner that we carried it out.

I think it depends on the manner it is conducted. It was not torture in the manner that we carried it out.

why? if not in the hands of the enemy then when ? I can see doing it to our troops, thats training, and you know that in the end they will not do anything to kill you...and that takes away from the terror of it, but in the hands of the enemy,,,,

why? if not in the hands of the enemy then when ? I can see doing it to our troops, thats training, and you know that in the end they will not do anything to kill you...and that takes away from the terror of it, but in the hands of the enemy,,,,

When we did it we ensured no soft tissue damage would occur, and there would be no lasting physical effects of the practice. There were numerous guidelines that had to be followed when doing the procedure.

In the example (that is often cited on this board) of when the Japanese did it to us, they ruthlessly beat our soldiers in between sessions and took no steps to prevent soft tissue damage, and followed really none of the procedures we did.

When we did it we ensured no soft tissue damage would occur, and there would be no lasting physical effects of the practice. There were numerous guidelines that had to be followed when doing the procedure.
I'm sure you're patiently waiting-in-line....right behind Sean Hannity...to prove your point, right?

:rolleyes:

In the example (that is often cited on this board) of when the Japanese did it to us, they ruthlessly beat our soldiers in between sessions and took no steps to prevent soft tissue damage, and followed really none of the procedures we did.

so you think it would be ok for them to do it to our troops over and over as long as they do it the same way?

I agree. The difference between our use of the practice and that of other nations (such as the oft quoted japanese use), is drastically different. Being waterboarded is terrifying enough, add the "excruciating pain" of beating the persons feet with canes and stomping on their stomachs clearly crosses the line into torture.

I think there's one more person we should waterboard for information though...

PelosiWaterboard-2.jpg

I agree. The difference between our use of the practice and that of other nations (such as the oft quoted japanese use), is drastically different. Being waterboarded is terrifying enough, add the "excruciating pain" of beating the persons feet with canes and stomping on their stomachs clearly crosses the line into torture.

I think there's one more person we should waterboard for information though...

PelosiWaterboard-2.jpg

who Bush and Dick? yea we should lets find out why they realy went to Iraq...

Werbung:
Back