Islam is coming... can you feel it?

I'm not from the left. I'm in the Middle. Does it scare you that middle-grounders can be flexible? It shouldn't. Flexibility is a form of sanity.

I can at once accuse the ACLU of being ridiculuos and BigOil for being monopolizing anti-american traitors..and be right about both.

That's the beauty of the Middle. Balance and sanity.

No, It does not scare me. If it is me you are talking to. I wish more were in the middle. I am left on a couple of things like Death P. and rehab instead of prison when possible. There must be more but I can not think of it right now :)

Werbung:
no it does not, some extremist contend it does, but in fact it does not state anything like that.

Really, that's odd, because it came straight from Sura 9:5, 9:29, and 9:30.

And I dont cast judgment on the whole Relgion based on the wack jobs that make the news with it. There are many many good Muslims who live others and have no problem with it.

Again, this is why I specifically included the qualifier "if Sharia Law becomes the "law of the land" in my statement, or don't you recall what was going on in Afghanistan with the Taliban before we went it? If Sharia Law DOES become the "law of the land", your "good Muslim" buddies will be dead too.

no it does not, some extremist contend it does, but in fact it does not state anything like that. And I dont cast judgment on the whole Relgion based on the wack jobs that make the news with it. There are many many good Muslims who live others and have no problem with it.

I have a copy of the Qur'an right here in front of me. Yes, actually it does say that.

Further, if you are born in Palestine, and you reject Islam, they will kill you.

Even your own family will kill you, with the support of the public, as it's called an "honor killing" because they killed you to protect the honor of their families Islamic heritage.

Don't be fooled. If a 12 year old can get detention for refusing to pray to allah... then clearly they want us to be under submission. Islam, translated means, Submission.

You seem to think that because you radical right wing loonies believe everything your republican radio and TV and website pundits tell you is true, that we all drink that nasty kool aide crap you guys do.

Sorry. We like truth . We don't hang around the trough while the communist Bush group feeds us fear and paranoia. We are too busy trying to figure out how to save this nation from the radical looney right.

Absolutely nothing of substance. Do you have any real evidence, or perhaps a valid point about the topic?

FYI, topic is about a 12 year old who got detention because he refused to pray to Allah using prescribed Islamic chant.

I'm not from the left. I'm in the Middle. Does it scare you that middle-grounders can be flexible? It shouldn't. Flexibility is a form of sanity.

I can at once accuse the ACLU of being ridiculuos and BigOil for being monopolizing anti-american traitors..and be right about both.

Here you talk about being sane, then rush right back to the absolutely insane theory that BigOil controls the world, and is stopping the expansion of alternative energy sources that do not compete in even one market that oil does, and are some how a monopoly, when it's obvious they are not.

Then go back to claiming sanity. Right.... Talk about losing your own point...

Here you talk about being sane, then rush right back to the absolutely insane theory that BigOil controls the world, and is stopping the expansion of alternative energy sources that do not compete in even one market that oil does, and are some how a monopoly, when it's obvious they are not.

Then go back to claiming sanity. Right.... Talk about losing your own point...

I hate the topic of Oil and Iraq, I try not to get in those threads, but I just wanted to say this.

I have listened to interviews with inventors who were trying to make a car that runs on alternative fuel and or less gas. They said they had been shot at from a distance, the places they were working burnt in suspicious fires. They said they felt like it was the big oil companies and or the big automobile companies trying to stop the invention of alternative fuel/cars.

I don’t know if this is what she was talking about but its what I was thinking when I read it.

I hate the topic of Oil and Iraq, I try not to get in those threads, but I just wanted to say this.

I have listened to interviews with inventors who were trying to make a car that runs on alternative fuel and or less gas. They said they had been shot at from a distance, the places they were working burnt in suspicious fires. They said they felt like it was the big oil companies and or the big automobile companies trying to stop the invention of alternative fuel/cars.

I don’t know if this is what she was talking about but its what I was thinking when I read it.

Conspiracy theorist, con-artist, and alternative fuel cars, are a very common mix. A seeming majority of "alternative fuel car projects" are simply con-artists.

FISHER CARB
Remember the Fisher Carb? A 60s V-8 can do 100 MPG... by simply putting the Fisher Carb on it? Then after making millions travelling the country showing off his "invention" it mysteriously disappeared (big-whatever stole it) and the dude could never remember how to make another one... shocking!

I was taught that the Carb did exist and was used in autos sold in the 60s, but Big(auto) decided that it was better to sell gas hogs and stopped making the carb. I was told this in a Public High School in the early 90s.

STANLEY MEYERS
Or for example, Stanley Meyers. Stanley is an Ohio "inventor" who claimed he invented technology to run a dune buggy 1.6 VW engine, on water. He got a group of investors, and even purchased land to build his dune buggies and engines on. He had several patents issued.

He claimed consistently that he was being harassed and threatened by Big(whatever) and amusingly, Iranians.

However when push came to shove, Stanley ran with the money, and never produced anything. The investors demanded his "technology" be reviewed by professionals. After almost a year of him skirting every appointment with a reviewer, the investors went to court and forced a review. As suspected the 'technology' was bunk, and Stanley lost the suit, and was found guilty of "gross and egregious fraud".

That didn't stop conspiracy theorist from claiming the whole thing was Big(whatever) related. Even when Stanley died in '98 while eating at a restaurant, his brother played up to the conspiracy theorist, claiming Stanley was poisoned by Iranians, likely given passes into the US by the government, and funded by Big(whatever) of course. The only problem was the Franklin county coroner found he died of a cerebral aneurysm due to his known high blood pressure.

But the conspiracy theorist are a very dedicated lot that stick to their beliefs until you consistently smack them over the head with the truth. One poor girl where I work, had a job with a company that opened a contract with the Stanley to supply him with parts for his "invention". Of course he never made good on the contract, but she was absolutely convinced he was murdered and it was a huge Big(whatever) suppression. I literally had to bring up the Wiki page and newspaper articles about his fraud, at work, to convince her it was a scam. Thankfully she is wiser now. Wish I could say the same for some here (not you).

CONSPIRACY
When you hear about these alternative fuel car conspiracy theories, and you hear about people claiming (bigwhatever) is stopping them or what have you, take it all with a gain of salt. Most of these are con-artists, using publics distrust of big companies to conceal their scams.

I work for a company active in the alternative fuel, and fuel efficiency market. We have employees currently taking work-study programs at OSU, where they are working on electric cars, hydrogen cars, and flex-fuel cars. GM, specifically is investing thousands every quarter into the OSU automotive technology program. Now why would GM spend millions on trying to get an alternative fuel vehicle if they are so against it? It's crazy conspiracy theory by wacky people, that's all. Don't trust them.

Conspiracy theorist, con-artist, and alternative fuel cars, are a very common mix. A seeming majority of "alternative fuel car projects" are simply con-artists.

FISHER CARB
Remember the Fisher Carb? A 60s V-8 can do 100 MPG... by simply putting the Fisher Carb on it? Then after making millions travelling the country showing off his "invention" it mysteriously disappeared (big-whatever stole it) and the dude could never remember how to make another one... shocking!

I was taught that the Carb did exist and was used in autos sold in the 60s, but Big(auto) decided that it was better to sell gas hogs and stopped making the carb. I was told this in a Public High School in the early 90s.

STANLEY MEYERS
Or for example, Stanley Meyers. Stanley is an Ohio "inventor" who claimed he invented technology to run a dune buggy 1.6 VW engine, on water. He got a group of investors, and even purchased land to build his dune buggies and engines on. He had several patents issued.

He claimed consistently that he was being harassed and threatened by Big(whatever) and amusingly, Iranians.

However when push came to shove, Stanley ran with the money, and never produced anything. The investors demanded his "technology" be reviewed by professionals. After almost a year of him skirting every appointment with a reviewer, the investors went to court and forced a review. As suspected the 'technology' was bunk, and Stanley lost the suit, and was found guilty of "gross and egregious fraud".

That didn't stop conspiracy theorist from claiming the whole thing was Big(whatever) related. Even when Stanley died in '98 while eating at a restaurant, his brother played up to the conspiracy theorist, claiming Stanley was poisoned by Iranians, likely given passes into the US by the government, and funded by Big(whatever) of course. The only problem was the Franklin county coroner found he died of a cerebral aneurysm due to his known high blood pressure.

But the conspiracy theorist are a very dedicated lot that stick to their beliefs until you consistently smack them over the head with the truth. One poor girl where I work, had a job with a company that opened a contract with the Stanley to supply him with parts for his "invention". Of course he never made good on the contract, but she was absolutely convinced he was murdered and it was a huge Big(whatever) suppression. I literally bring up the Wiki page and newspaper articles about his fraud to convince her it was a scam. Thankfully she is wiser now. Wish I could say the same for some here (not you).

CONSPIRACY
When you hear about these alternative fuel car conspiracy theories, and you hear about people claiming (bigwhatever) is stopping them or what have you, take it all with a gain of salt. Most of these are con-artists, using publics distrust of big companies to conceal their scams.

I work for a company active in the alternative fuel, and fuel efficiency market. We have employees currently taking work-study programs at OSU, where they are working on electric cars, hydrogen cars, and flex-fuel cars. GM, specifically is investing thousands every quarter into the OSU automotive technology program. Now why would GM spend millions on trying to get an alternative fuel vehicle if they are so against it? It's crazy conspiracy theory by wacky people, that's all. Don't trust them.

Thanks for the info

Hey OSU ? as in Oregon State?

Are you also in the peoples republic of Oregon?

Thanks for the info

Hey OSU ? as in Oregon State?

Are you also in the peoples republic of Oregon?

Ohio State University, sorry :) No I'm not in the peoples republic, but I did visit. What is with that horrible 'rain'ish thing where it's like a 24 hour light drizzle for days?

Just be sure to remember that sitting in the middle of the road is a good way to get run over by those in either lane.:D

As for Big Oil being "monopolizing anti-american traitors", exactly how did you come to that conclusion? Because they provide a product that everyone uses and benefits from for one of the lowest profit margins in business today, or is it the fact that we, and the rest of the world, buy so much of their product, that even at their ridiculously low profit margin, they're able to make enough money to continue to explore and develop for even more of the products that we, and the rest of the world are demanding and at the same time are able to give the share holders a good return on their investment?

Also, I'd be interested to find out why so many people are condemning the "evil oil companies" for their "outrageous profits", but nobody is saying anything about companies like Pfizer who made $19.3 Bn in profits for 2007, or GE and their $20.8 Bn in profits for 2007, or Bank of America and their $21.1 Bn profits for 2007, or Citigroup and their $21.5 Bn in profits for 2007, especially when Chevron only made $19 Bn in 2007, and Conoco Phillips only made $12.5 Bn in profits in 2007? Why aren't you screaming about them and their outrageous profits, especially when every one of them is running at a substantially higher profit margin than any of the oil companies? Exxon is operating at a 10% profit margin, Conoco is operating at 7.3% and Chevron is operating at 7.8% while Pfizer is at 25% (nothing like getting screwed on your medications!), GE is operating at 16.2%, and Bank of America is operating at 21.3%. It seems to me that it's everybody BUT the oil companies who are screwing us at nearly, if not more than, double the "evil oil companies" profit margins, so where is the wailing, crying, and gnashing of teeth about them and THEIR "evil profits"?

Yes, exactly. My own father when applying for a patent in the 1970s for a cogeneration engine, much like the one now in the Prius, received threatening phone calls that offered to "hurt your wife and kids" if he did not retract his patent application. He stopped going through with it with real fear. He's not a man who scares easily so, yeah, something in those calls let him know it was BigOil and they meant business.

I still think about the billions of barrels of oil we could have stashed in reserves right now and how we wouldn't be in a position of vulnerability, national-security wise if he hadn't received those strange phone calls..

Werbung:
According to the tradition that I was taught in the church as a child; in the last days, the koran will be used as a doorstop and a torture device for philosophy students.

Back