Island Ideology

GenSeneca

Is 'Every man an Island' or is 'No man and Island'?

While this may not appear related to US politics, I can assure you that it is and all it takes to prove that is participants:

You wake up tomorrow on this deserted island:

Bermuda_Island.jpg

No boats, no lights, no motorcars... not a single luxury. Ok, I couldn't help but throw in a Gilligan's Island reference there but you get the idea...

Your alone with nothing but the clothes on your back and you have no idea if you will ever be rescued. The island resources include rocks, sand, coconut and palm trees, some unknown wild berries and ferns, and, being surrounded by the sea, fish and crustaceans are available if you can catch them. There is also a small natural spring that provides fresh drinking water.

How will you survive? What is your list of priorities for survival?

Werbung:
Make an axe from the sharp shore rocks. Cut down trees and make a raft tied together with plant fiber. Sun dry some coconut and berries and use the shells to make canteens. Make a mast from a tree, and a sail from plant fiber. Load supplies on the raft, and hope I find the shipping lanes.

Make an axe from the sharp shore rocks. Cut down trees and make a raft tied together with plant fiber. Sun dry some coconut and berries and use the shells to make canteens. Make a mast from a tree, and a sail from plant fiber. Load supplies on the raft, and hope I find the shipping lanes.

The idea is to survive on the island, not to escape from it. But I do appreciate you replying.... Hopefully some others will reply.

first shelter, that place is way to small, flooding or being washed away in a storm is to easy, so Building a shelter is number one ..food seems easy enough to get buy on for a while while shelter is build. Use of some rocks, for building and cutting down some trees if needed. next I would build spears, or possibly something to fish with for protine and a food source that will not dry up like plans and cocunts can. Next is making something that can be visable as a sign for help.

Werbung:
first shelter, that place is way to small, flooding or being washed away in a storm is to easy, so Building a shelter is number one ..food seems easy enough to get buy on for a while while shelter is build. Use of some rocks, for building and cutting down some trees if needed. next I would build spears, or possibly something to fish with for protine and a food source that will not dry up like plans and cocunts can. Next is making something that can be visable as a sign for help.

Thanks for replying Pocket.

1. Abandon the notion of being rescued or getting any help... you are on your own.

2. Don't worry about weather... for the sake of this exercise, pretend like its always 60-80 degrees with fair conditions.

You have shelter, food, water and its was only through your labor that these things were made useful to you....

Someone, on some other island, didn't do any work despite having the same resources available. Instead of laboring for the things he needed to survive, he wished for them to be made available.

You wake up tomorrow and find that 40% of everything you labored to achieve is gone. 40% of your shelter has disappeared. 40% of your food has vanished. 40% of the fresh water coconut canteens are missing.

You now have a choice. You can continue to labor, and everyday lose 40% of that which you acquire to someone who does not take advantage of the same opportunities, or you can stop laboring and begin wishing. Once you have less than the other guy... his stuff begins disappearing.

What choice do you make?

Back