It's KARMA-TIME For The BUSH-COUP!!!!

Mr. Shaman

_39639881_breaking_news2_203.jpg

"Transition advisers to President-elect Barack Obama have compiled a list of about 200 Bush administration actions and executive orders that could be swiftly undone to reverse White House policies on climate change, stem cell research, abortion and other issues, according to congressional Democrats, campaign aides and transition workers.

A team of four dozen advisers, working for months in virtual isolation, set out to identify regulatory and policy changes Obama could implement soon after his inauguration. The team is now consulting with liberal advocacy groups, Capitol Hill staffers and potential agency chiefs to prioritize those they regard as the most onerous or ideologically offensive, said a top transition official who was not permitted to speak on the record about the inner workings of the transition.

In some instances, Obama would be delivering on campaign promises. In others he would be embracing Clinton-era policies upended by President Bush.

“The kind of regulations they are looking at” are those imposed by Bush for “overtly political” reasons, said Dan Mendelson, a former associate administrator for health in the Clinton Office of Management and Budget."

One good @ss-whuppin' deserves ANOTHER!!!!!

:cool:

Werbung:
“The kind of regulations they are looking at” will be imposed by Obama for “overtly political” and ideological reasons.

This kind of thing happens every time a new President comes in. I am not sure 'KARMA TIME" is really how it should be viewed.

_39639881_breaking_news2_203.jpg

One good @ss-whuppin' deserves ANOTHER!!!!!

:cool:

Obama is going to put a stop to drilling in environmentally sensitive areas too..no more getting anything and everything they want for the fossil fuel industry.

Stem cell research and abortion....you mean the WH is no longer going to be catering to right wing religious nut jobs?

No doubt about it..change has finally come to America.

Stem cell research and abortion....you mean the WH is no longer going to be catering to right wing religious nut jobs?

YAY!!! Now the WH will be catering to the Left Wing Nut jobs!

Instead of the Right Wing forcing their ideology down our throats, the Left Wing gets to force their ideology down our throats... Isn't great that we've let the fed gov grow to such levels?

I mean, once upon a time, the governments only job was to protect the rights of its citizens but now... now its sooooo much better. Now we get to have things we disagree with forced on us through the power of Government, no matter which party is in charge! What fun oppression can be!

This kind of thing happens every time a new President comes in. I am not sure 'KARMA TIME" is really how it should be viewed.
You really believe the general-public is AWARE that The Idiot Son did 200 end-arounds on Congress?????

Maybe you should spearhead a voluntary-effort to find the WMDs. That should keep you occupied, for the next-eight-years. :rolleyes:

You really believe the general-public is AWARE that The Idiot Son did 200 end-arounds on Congress?????

Maybe you should spearhead a voluntary-effort to find the WMDs. That should keep you occupied, for the next-eight-years. :rolleyes:

Yes I am aware. I am also aware that there were a lot more than 200. I am also aware that every President since, and including, George Washington has fought with Congress over which branch should hold more power.

Mr. Shaman, I said this to you once before and it bears repeating. I am a liberal too, midway between left and center. I come to this board to try to understand the mind of the conservative. They should try to understand the mind of liberals too. Too often labels are thrown at each other. We have ours and they have theirs. The labels have been reused too many times and no longer carry new information.

There have been a number of worthwhile exchanges, but they often are quickly pushed down and out of the first page prematurely ending fruitful discussions by a plethora of crap posts that get nowhere. You are certainly not the only one. A lot of crap posts come from conservatives too. I try, sometimes unsuccessfully, to ignore them.

Can you please honestly tell me why you do this? If I were a conservative, I would expect the usual from you. But I'm a fellow liberal and believe many of the same things you do. I'm sure that you are not attempting to sway opinion because rabid debasement will not influence anyone's thinking, but just cause deeper polarization and meaningless dialog.

If you are seriously angry. Let me know if that's the reason.

Are you trying to agitate conservatives? You have been repeating the same mode so often that they are probably inured of the emotional impact you are striving for. You are annoying everyone and not just your target conservatives.

If you are you just a troll getting pleasure from internet "graffiti" let me know that too.

If none of the above, please tell me. I am trying to understand the mind of the far left too.

Mr. Shaman, I said this to you once before and it bears repeating. I am a liberal too, midway between left and center. I come to this board to try to understand the mind of the conservative. They should try to understand the mind of liberals too. Too often labels are thrown at each other. We have ours and they have theirs. The labels have been reused too many times and no longer carry new information.

There have been a number of worthwhile exchanges, but they often are quickly pushed down and out of the first page prematurely ending fruitful discussions by a plethora of crap posts that get nowhere. You are certainly not the only one. A lot of crap posts come from conservatives too. I try, sometimes unsuccessfully, to ignore them.

Can you please honestly tell me why you do this? If I were a conservative, I would expect the usual from you. But I'm a fellow liberal and believe many of the same things you do. I'm sure that you are not attempting to sway opinion because rabid debasement will not influence anyone's thinking, but just cause deeper polarization and meaningless dialog.

If you are seriously angry. Let me know if that's the reason.

Are you trying to agitate conservatives? You have been repeating the same mode so often that they are probably inured of the emotional impact you are striving for. You are annoying everyone and not just your target conservatives.

If you are you just a troll getting pleasure from internet "graffiti" let me know that too.

If none of the above, please tell me. I am trying to understand the mind of the far left too.
Now this is my kinda "Liberal", one that actually sounds capable of having an "intelligent" discussion with someone who holds a different ideology.

I feel the same way Lagboltz... You guys got posters like Shaman to embarrass you and add to the Liberal Stereotype on your side and we Conservatives have posters like Conservativetoo on our side who do the same. They offer no meaningful contributions to discussions and seem only interested in being nasty to the opposition.

Like you, I came here to try to understand WHY the Left believes the things they do and to explain why I believe in the things I believe in... as you no doubt have recognized by now, most of the time you get insults and not answers. Knee jerk reactions from a public thats been programmed to be completely dismissive with those who disagree and respond with hyper-partisan attacks.

Yes I am aware. I am also aware that there were a lot more than 200.
No, no, no......I'm talkin' about the general-public. Do they know how many times....and, to what degree....Bush decided his gut had priority over the legislative-process??

I am also aware that every President since, and including, George Washington has fought with Congress over which branch should hold more power.
I've got no problem with that fight. That's a matter of ideology! But.....Executive Decisions were intended for matters of national-emergency.....when some decision HAD to be made (by a President), when Congress wasn't avialable!!!

Bush, Cheney & Karl Rove took-advantage of that option, 'cause they couldn't MAKE their case while Congress was in-session! What they did was analogous to some employee helping-themselves to the cash-register....while the business-owner was gone.....'cause they felt entitled to!!! THAT will be the Bush Legacy! :mad:

I'm wondering if they'll be out-sourcing the (pre Jan. 20th) shredding-job to Ollie North....you know....because he's so experienced, at it.

Now this is my kinda "Liberal", one that actually sounds capable of having an "intelligent" discussion with someone who holds a different ideology.
Yeah....The Bush-Cabal was always such a great-example of discussing ideology....after-the-fact!!!! :mad:

Werbung:
I've got no problem with that fight. That's a matter of ideology! But.....Executive Decisions were intended for matters of national-emergency.....when some decision HAD to be made (by a President), when Congress wasn't avialable!!!

Perhaps this is what they were intended for but it is not what they are used for anymore. Bush did nothing more than act on over 200 years of precedence given to him by his predecessors. In 1952, for example, just in terms of treaties, there were 14 treaties and 291 executive agreements. The United States is currently a party to nearly nine hundred treaties and more than five thousand executive agreements.

All I am saying is this is hardly a new thing, and it was certainly not Bush who came up with it.

Bush, Cheney & Karl Rove took-advantage of that option, 'cause they couldn't MAKE their case while Congress was in-session! What they did was analogous to some employee helping-themselves to the cash-register....while the business-owner was gone.....'cause they felt entitled to!!! THAT will be the Bush Legacy! :mad:

George Washington even signed Executive Agreements to get around the Senate in some instances in regards to treaties. This will not be the Bush legacy. The precedence was there.

Back