James Comey testifies....and Trump does Trumplike things...??

The Scotsman

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bii0p9AnBEE

Can someone give me a vaguely sensible explanation as to why Trump has hired external counsel to rebutt the testimony of Comey and why is a Whitehouse proxy running an attack ad against Comey... absolute friggin madness. Why would a sitting President actively get involved in a "he said you said" scenario - has the US President got nothing bettter to do?

Werbung:

Can someone give me a vaguely sensible explanation as to why Trump has hired external counsel to rebutt the testimony of Comey and why is a Whitehouse proxy running an attack ad against Comey... absolute friggin madness. Why would a sitting President actively get involved in a "he said you said" scenario - has the US President got nothing bettter to do?
Yes he has better things to do that's why he has someone working on it.

No, seriously mate... and I know you like your short non-engaging quips, but is there a serious explanation out there? If as the President has now alluded to he thinks Comey is lying why get involved in a cheap theatrical. The Senate hearing(s) are a stage provided for public grandstand purposes and for whatever reason they seem to want to give a stage to Comey. Fine let him say his piece, he's got a story tell and the ramifications of that Story will probably run to nothing in the long run as these things always seem to do.

However, the White House retains its own counsel whose role is to advise the President in his capacity as President on (certain) issues arising to and of the President whilst in office, in the case of this caffuffle or dispute with Comey it has occurred during Trump's term as President - so why has Trump engaged external counsel? Is he affraid of the attorney-client privilige that exists between the office of President and the office of the White House counsel if so then Why? If there are issues with that state of privilige then I would understand his retaining personal counsel as then that disclosure of information and attorney client privilige is not open to public question or scrutiny. Which goes back to my original though as to why is Trump (he) personally (not as President) engaging in a private shit fight with Comey and unleashing attack ads on Comey through non-White House organs?

Is the collection and subpoena of information and persons being undertaken by White House counsel or private counsel?
Why is he not staying alloof from this and allowing White House counsel to take the lead?
Am I missing something?

No, seriously mate... and I know you like your short non-engaging quips, but is there a serious explanation out there? If as the President has now alluded to he thinks Comey is lying why get involved in a cheap theatrical. The Senate hearing(s) are a stage provided for public grandstand purposes and for whatever reason they seem to want to give a stage to Comey. Fine let him say his piece, he's got a story tell and the ramifications of that Story will probably run to nothing in the long run as these things always seem to do.

However, the White House retains its own counsel whose role is to advise the President in his capacity as President on (certain) issues arising to and of the President whilst in office, in the case of this caffuffle or dispute with Comey it has occurred during Trump's term as President - so why has Trump engaged external counsel? Is he affraid of the attorney-client privilige that exists between the office of President and the office of the White House counsel if so then Why? If there are issues with that state of privilige then I would understand his retaining personal counsel as then that disclosure of information and attorney client privilige is not open to public question or scrutiny. Which goes back to my original though as to why is Trump (he) personally (not as President) engaging in a private shit fight with Comey and unleashing attack ads on Comey through non-White House organs?

Is the collection and subpoena of information and persons being undertaken by White House counsel or private counsel?
Why is he not staying alloof from this and allowing White House counsel to take the lead?
Am I missing something?
Why ?
The press.
There is nothing to see as even Comey says but that won't stop the hostile press from trying to stir the Shite just to stir it.
He needs to get in front of it to keep the public more iratated at press than him, and that's working.
He's a rich guy and knows it's smarter to spend a little money to nip things before they get un nippable.

hmmmm....I call bulllshit Doggy mi lad. This is more than mere obfuscation
You've seen even over there how they have taken literally everything and attempted to use it as a club to beat him with to the point if their own detriment. And while it's all been pissing into the wind it's slowing progress on getting his job done.
Frankly lawyers are the only thing press fears ergo using that tool to beat back.

Can't do his job
I agree but for a different reason

The press is doing what the press has always done and Trump knows that - he like baiting them and when they fight back he gets the hump. Dishes out but cant take. No I don't buy that point mate.

Anyway, back to my earlier question. You know the system why is he not using White House counsel? Has there been any discussions about that over there?

I agree but for a different reason

The press is doing what the press has always done and Trump knows that - he like baiting them and when they fight back he gets the hump. Dishes out but cant take. No I don't buy that point mate.

Anyway, back to my earlier question. You know the system why is he not using White House counsel? Has there been any discussions about that over there?
No. The press has assumed a very different role since the advent of tv.
They don't report, they create.
And boy do they love that.
So until recently pols had to coddle them. Then came Trump who bypassed them and took his case directly to the people and boy did they dislike that.
More than anything else they hate him for this.
This is new, it's a little like Reagan but he had to work within their constructs.
These are new battle lines.

Yeah its the same here, what happened to just reporting? Its the 24 hours news cycles I guess they have to say something..

but still mi' laddo I need your assistance why is he not using White House counsel? Has there been any discussions about that over there?
It's not white house work. Press would howl over that. Can't bitch about him spending his own money.

It's not white house work. Press would howl over that. Can't bitch about him spending his own money.

You mindless partisans sure whine a lot about the press, and yet you are so willing to give Trump a break on any lie he tells. Here are two examples from the recent past.

1. When asked if there are tapes of his conversations with Comey. Instead of saying yes, or no, like a person with integrity would do, he dances around the question. Of course, you will blame his failure to answer on the "hostility" of the press, not on the lies of Trump. Same occurred when he lied about the wiretapping of Trump Towers, or about the release of his tax records. And now he will hope time will erase from the memories of the people his lies just as he has done in the past.

2. Trump called Comey a "leaker". Unlike Trumps leaking of classified information to his Russian cronies, Comey "leaked" his own private notes on meetings with Trump. I am not sure how you can "leak" your own personal information. Can you explain how that is done?

The Republicans are going to have to wake up to the reality that Trump is mentally ill, and they have participated in one of the greatest cons ever perpetrated on the American people, and get rid of this farce like they did with Nixon.

Werbung:

You mean. . .he rather twits and belly aches about "fake media" and spew hateful and arrogant comments that further pushes America allies away from America?

He hasn't done ONE THING "better" since he moved into the White House. . .although maybe his golf might be getting better!

Back