1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Discuss politics - join our community by registering for free here! HOP - the political discussion forum

Jesse WHO?

Discussion in 'U.S. Politics' started by Libsmasher, Aug 7, 2008.

1. Libsmasher

Libsmasher New Member

Jesse Jackson's comment (overheard on a mike that he didn't know was on) that Obama was "talking down to black people" seems to be pique at the old-time "civil rights leader" being eclipsed by the new human media event. For years, Jackson held himself up as THE "spokesman" for black people. Indeed, few remember that back in the 80s, there was a SMALL lib media hype of Jesse Jackson for president, which ended after Jackson called New York City "Hymietown". Jackson was a young assistant to MLK, and he rode his coat tails for a long time after MLK's assasination. Nowadays, out of the public eye for most of the time as he engaged in race hustling activities such as shaking down corporations, Jackson, with his ghetto patois and stupid couplet rhymes, seems anachronistic next to the first very prominent black person can speak standard american english.

2. Dr.Who

Dr.Who Well-Known Member

Good riddence.

I see I am not the only one up at 2 am. Nevertheless I have to go to bed soon.

3. UShadItComing

UShadItComing New Member

You're right libs. You usually are. Say libs, I'm coming to the US for a little holiday and to have a look around and I'm wondering. Can I buy a pointy hat and bedsheet with the holes already cut in the right place for eyes or do you people have to make them up yourselves? And if I have to make a pointy hat, could you tell me how to make it so it doesn't flop over like a smurf hat?

4. Libsmasher

Libsmasher New Member

Usually you wait till I've biitch-slapped you a few times before you go to your last resort "pointy hat" routine. :) Guess you're tired of being biitch slapped. :D

5. BigRob

BigRob Well-Known Member

They are imported from Canada actually ;)