Joe Biden gave a "creepy" speech over the weekend

Pandora

Joe Biden gave a speech over the weekend that was well... creepy. I like this guy a whole lot and I dont like him less for the speech but the speech was really rather creepy.

here is some of what he said this weekend in Seattle Washington

October 20, 2008 7:35 AM

ABC News' Matthew Jaffe Reports: Sen. Joe Biden, D-Del., on Sunday guaranteed that if elected, Sen. Barack Obama., D-Ill., will be tested by an international crisis within his first six months in power and he will need supporters to stand by him as he makes tough, and possibly unpopular, decisions.

"Mark my words," the Democratic vice presidential nominee warned at the second of his two Seattle fundraisers Sunday. "It will not be six months before the world tests Barack Obama like they did John Kennedy. The world is looking. We're about to elect a brilliant 47-year-old senator president of the United States of America. Remember I said it standing here if you don't remember anything else I said. Watch, we're gonna have an international crisis, a generated crisis, to test the mettle of this guy."

"I can give you at least four or five scenarios from where it might originate," Biden said to Emerald City supporters, mentioning the Middle East and Russia as possibilities. "And he's gonna need help. And the kind of help he's gonna need is, he's gonna need you - not financially to help him - we're gonna need you to use your influence, your influence within the community, to stand with him. Because it's not gonna be apparent initially, it's not gonna be apparent that we're right."
Not only will the next administration have to deal with foreign affairs issues, Biden warned, but also with the current economic crisis.

"Gird your loins," Biden told the crowd. "We're gonna win with your help, God willing, we're gonna win, but this is not gonna be an easy ride. This president, the next president, is gonna be left with the most significant task. It's like cleaning the Augean stables, man. This is more than just, this is more than – think about it, literally, think about it – this is more than just a capital crisis, this is more than just markets. This is a systemic problem we have with this economy."

The Delaware lawmaker managed to rake in an estimated $1 million total from his two money hauls at the downtown Sheraton, the same hotel where four years ago Sen. John Kerry, D-Mass., clinched the Democratic nomination. Despite warning about the difficulties the next administration will face, Biden said the Democratic ticket is equipped to meet the challenges head on.

"I've forgotten more about foreign policy than most of my colleagues know, so I'm not being falsely humble with you. I think I can be value added, but this guy has it," the Senate Foreign Relations chairman said of Obama. "This guy has it. But he's gonna need your help. Because I promise you, you all are gonna be sitting here a year from now going, 'Oh my God, why are they there in the polls? Why is the polling so down? Why is this thing so tough?' We're gonna have to make some incredibly tough decisions in the first two years. So I'm asking you now, I'm asking you now, be prepared to stick with us. Remember the faith you had at this point because you're going to have to reinforce us."
"There are gonna be a lot of you who want to go, 'Whoa, wait a minute, yo, whoa, whoa, I don't know about that decision'," Biden continued. "Because if you think the decision is sound when they're made, which I believe you will when they're made, they're not likely to be as popular as they are sound. Because if they're popular, they're probably not sound."
Biden emphasized that the mountainous Afghanistan-Pakistan border is of particular concern, with Osama bin Laden "alive and well" and Pakistan "bristling with nuclear weapons."

"You literally can see what these kids are up against, our kids in that region," Biden said in recalling when his helicopter was forced down due to a snowstorm there. "The place is crawling with al Qaeda. And it's real."

"We do not have the military capacity, nor have we ever, quite frankly, in the last 20 years, to dictate outcomes," he cautioned. "It's so much more important than that. It's so much more complicated than that. And Barack gets it."

After speaking for just over a quarter of an hour, Biden noticed the media presence in the back of the small ballroom.

"I probably shouldn't have said all this because it dawned on me that the press is here," he joked.

"All kidding aside, these guys have left us in a God-awful place," he then said of the Bush regime, promptly wrapping up his remarks. "We have the ability to straighten it out. It's gonna take a little bit of time, so I ask you to stay with us. Stay with us."

http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/news/2110109/posts?page=66

what does he mean? What decisions will he make and why wont they be popular? this whole thing is creepy

Werbung:
Likely pursuing war, or some new world order directives.

People keep thinking Obama is the anti-war candidate, yet prior democrats have resulted in the worse military choices in our history.

what could he mean though at first it wont look like we are making the right move in this "event"

the only thing I can think of that would have the majority of Americans against him even his own voters is something like this

we get attacked by either terrorist or russia and Obama waves a white flag

Most Americans would want to fight not surrender. other than that I can not think of anything,

this whole speech is just flat creepy I dont understand why he would say it

but I agree with him if Obama gets elected we will be attacked, but isnt it the libs telling us that we have to put Obama in the white house to keep FROM getting attacked, isnt it obama that brings world peace

what could he mean though at first it wont look like we are making the right move in this "event"

the only thing I can think of that would have the majority of Americans against him even his own voters is something like this

we get attacked by either terrorist or russia and Obama waves a white flag

Most Americans would want to fight not surrender. other than that I can not think of anything,

this whole speech is just flat creepy I dont understand why he would say it

but I agree with him if Obama gets elected we will be attacked, but isnt it the libs telling us that we have to put Obama in the white house to keep FROM getting attacked, isnt it obama that brings world peace

Prepping for a nuclear Iran? Or a possible attack on Iran? Or possibly ending our backing of Israel.

Either way, what he said is bizarre.

Will the media touch it? Not a chance... at best, they will look at it from a distance without speculation or any attempt at seeking clarification.

Prepping for a nuclear Iran? Or a possible attack on Iran? Or possibly ending our backing of Israel.

Either way, what he said is bizarre.

I think if he wins Israel will be afraid that they wont have USA backing and already told Bush that they are gonna nuke Iran if Obama wins. Bush cant tell the public because then the libs will cry cry cry you are doing scare tactics so he has to keep a lip on it

but if Obama wins, Israel would be smart to nuke Iran but I already know obama will turn his back on Israel and that would make at least 2/3 of the USA mad.. that could be the thing he was talking about that would seem wrong but not be wrong ( in his eyes)

I think if he wins Israel will be afraid that they wont have USA backing and already told Bush that they are gonna nuke Iran if Obama wins. Bush cant tell the public because then the libs will cry cry cry you are doing scare tactics so he has to keep a lip on it

That would not actually solve or stop the Iran nuclear program. I doubt we see that. If Israel does end up attacking it will be conventionally, and they certainly are not going to ask us for permission, since we would most likely say no.

but if Obama wins, Israel would be smart to nuke Iran but I already know obama will turn his back on Israel and that would make at least 2/3 of the USA mad.. that could be the thing he was talking about that would seem wrong but not be wrong ( in his eyes)

If Israel goes off launching pre-emptive nuclear war I don't think you are going to see 2/3 of the US supporting it. The US would be hard pressed to back Israel in that situation given the precedence it sets for Russia and Pakistan/India.

It is also going to force Egypt and Saudi Arabia to go nuclear as well.

That would not actually solve or stop the Iran nuclear program. I doubt we see that. If Israel does end up attacking it will be conventionally, and they certainly are not going to ask us for permission, since we would most likely say no.

If Israel goes off launching pre-emptive nuclear war I don't think you are going to see 2/3 of the US supporting it. The US would be hard pressed to back Israel in that situation given the precedence it sets for Russia and Pakistan/India.

It is also going to force Egypt and Saudi Arabia to go nuclear as well.

I dont think Israel would kill people, just bomb the nuke plants. with all of the horrible things they have said like Israel should die it seems to me people would undrstand they had to do it.

What ever it is that Biden is talking about it seems like he knows more than he let on.

I dont think Israel would kill people, just bomb the nuke plants. with all of the horrible things they have said like Israel should die it seems to me people would undrstand they had to do it.

What ever it is that Biden is talking about it seems like he knows more than he let on.

You cannot "nuke" a nuclear plant right by a city and expect no one to die. Further we do not even know where all the plants are, many are buried and spread out. At best you buy yourself time, but is the time worth the reprisal. That is the question.

You cannot "nuke" a nuclear plant right by a city and expect no one to die. Further we do not even know where all the plants are, many are buried and spread out. At best you buy yourself time, but is the time worth the reprisal. That is the question.

Well... hmm I guess I dont know much about war :) good thing I am not the President.

He seemed far to sure that we were going to be attacked to not know what is going to happen. How many things can you know about in advance but not be able to stop?

and how does he know this information and McCain doesnt

Well... hmm I guess I dont know much about war :) good thing I am not the President.

He seemed far to sure that we were going to be attacked to not know what is going to happen. How many things can you know about in advance but not be able to stop?

and how does he know this information and McCain doesnt

He does not really seem to say we will be attacked really, just that an international crisis will come within the first six months.

I take that to mean one of these two things:

1) Iran - Some reports indicate Iran is 6 months away from the bomb. Obviously a nuclear Iran would be an international crisis, especially if Israel attacked.

2) Pakistan - Obama's plan is to expand what Bush is doing with cross border raids on the Afghanistan/Pakistan border. I think the effect of this is a destabilized Pakistan on the brink of collapse. Given that their soldiers have orders to shoot on sight, it would not surprise me if that sparked an international crisis.

Further, if Pakistan collapses (which it very well might at this rate) then obviously that is a worst case scenario for an international crisis due to their nuclear situation.

Perhaps even a third:

3) North Korea - Many have speculated that North Korea is on the verge of collapse for years. With the health of "Dear Leader" in question, it could speed the process up, and spark a crisis on the Korean Peninsula that drags in China, Russia, and the US.

He does not really seem to say we will be attacked really, just that an international crisis will come within the first six months.

I take that to mean one of these two things:

1) Iran - Some reports indicate Iran is 6 months away from the bomb. Obviously a nuclear Iran would be an international crisis, especially if Israel attacked.

2) Pakistan - Obama's plan is to expand what Bush is doing with cross border raids on the Afghanistan/Pakistan border. I think the effect of this is a destabilized Pakistan on the brink of collapse. Given that their soldiers have orders to shoot on sight, it would not surprise me if that sparked an international crisis.

Further, if Pakistan collapses (which it very well might at this rate) then obviously that is a worst case scenario for an international crisis.

ah ok those both sound like possible reasons'

but the part where he says that he (obama) will decide something and it wont be something the majority of poeple agree with but remember how you feel about us today and use that strenght then to help convince people exc exc.

what kind of choice can obama make that would totally upset most Americans?

surrender is about the only thing he could do that would upset most of us, I would think

ah ok those both sound like possible reasons'

but the part where he says that he (obama) will decide something and it wont be something the majority of poeple agree with but remember how you feel about us today and use that strenght then to help convince people exc exc.

what kind of choice can obama make that would totally upset most Americans?

surrender is about the only thing he could do that would upset most of us, I would think

Well he does touch on the fact that we can "no longer dictate outcomes militarily."

I also think you have to think about who he is talking to. Most Democrats are tired or war at this point, so a decision to act in the case of Iran fits in with his rhetoric as well.

It is hard to really guess what he is talking about, I made my best two (or three) guesses and we will have to wait and see.

I will have to think on it some more, it is interesting how he talks about the use of the military as unable to dictate outcomes however.

Of course he could just be referring to an economic international crisis as well.

Werbung:
Back