Joe Biden gave a "creepy" speech over the weekend

Werbung:
My understanding was that modern nuclear weapons technology had developed enough to permit the destruction of 1 regular city block, and with minimal fall out.

That said, the only reason I can see that Israel might want to use nuclear weapons in this pre-emptive strike, would be to render the site mildly radioactive to prevent them from ever recovering anything, or rebuilding the site.

That said, I sure hope Israel is on the same page as Rob because the moment they use a nuclear weapon, all the nations around them will feel threatened, and possibly into action.

I am sure they are waiting for the Obama camp to come out with the talking points on it.

That made me laugh... because its true! They need to be told what to think and what to say before they will comment... I think Pocket calls that waiting for the "Facts" to come out. :)

My understanding was that modern nuclear weapons technology had developed enough to permit the destruction of 1 regular city block, and with minimal fall out.

Well, there are tactical nuclear weapons. I assume that is what you are talking about. Israel does indeed have these and have actually run training missions for a strike such as that. There are varying yields, the ones they trained with were 1/15 the size of Hiroshima I believe. I would need to double check however to be sure.

I personally feel it would be a huge mistake.

That said, the only reason I can see that Israel might want to use nuclear weapons in this pre-emptive strike, would be to render the site mildly radioactive to prevent them from ever recovering anything, or rebuilding the site.

At best it still only buys you time. Question remains if the time is worth the reprisals.

That said, I sure hope Israel is on the same page as Rob because the moment they use a nuclear weapon, all the nations around them will feel threatened, and possibly into action.

Egypt open stated that if "another" (swipe at Israel) nation in the Middle East goes nuclear then they are going to have to do it too. Saudi Arabia is in the same boat.

A nuclear Iran is unacceptable for the region, but a condoning a tactical nuclear strike is really not an option for the US at this point in my view.

In a funny but not so funny side note: US intelligence actually does not even concur that Iran is building a bomb shockingly enough. We maintain they stopped the weapons program in 2003. (In the NIE reports) Will make selling the case to people, or the support of a tactical nuclear strike that much harder for the next President.

His comments are asking for terrorists to come here and bomb us. This is reallystupid on his part...

Popeye..I'd love to get your take on this..

There are no Republicans to smear or lie about, so there's nothing for him to comment on. If the Obama Campaign manages to find a way to blame Biden's comments on a Republican, or a plumber, then the attack machine will be back in action with fresh talking points to distract everyone from the issues.

Werbung:
Unbelieveable! Like stated... We are asking for trouble. If a Republican said the same remarks it would be compared to spreading fear about Obama. The MSM would be all over McCain (as they have always been), saying he's racist.

When does the double standard end. Journalism in this country is at an all time low. I dont' trust a lick of them.

Back