Joementum: "It's Different, For Iran!!!"

Mr. Shaman

"Sens. Joe Lieberman (I-CT) and John McCain (R-AZ) on Thursday introduced bipartisan legislation to slap new human rights sanctions on Iran's leaders. But Lieberman's concerns about human rights abuses are apparently limited to foreign shores, since he has defended the use of torture when Americans engage in it. And he's even cracked jokes about it.

"This legislation would authorize the president to deny visas and freeze economic assets of people in Iran who are responsible for the kind of brutality that we're seeing," Lieberman said in an appearance on MSNBC Thursday.

He called the Iranian regime "fanatical" and said "it's time to start targeting the Iranian human rights abusers."

One year ago, Lieberman joked about waterboarding while speaking during a black-tie dinner at the Washington Alfafa Club. Referring to former vice president Dick Cheney's back, he said, "Apparently, he hurt it moving some things out of his office. Personally, I had no idea that waterboards were so heavy."

partywhores.jpg

"C'mon, John....call me a savage."​

Werbung:
Dumb & Dumber

Forgive me if my senility isn't keeping up with my old friend John McCain; but wasn't John McCain one of the out spoken members of congress against doing any kind of torture? Especially since he suffered at the hands of those foreign devils who ignored the Geneva Convention...GOOD GRIEF

And some wonder why we are so loathed over there in the ARAB/MUSLIM world...GEEE anyone have a CLUE?

picture.php

4 to 3 Panda!

Sens. Joe Lieberman (I-CT) and John McCain (R-AZ) on Thursday introduced bipartisan legislation to slap new human rights sanctions on Iran's leaders.

Shaman... What do you have against enforcing Human Rights?

Sens. Joe Lieberman (I-CT) and John McCain (R-AZ) on Thursday introduced bipartisan legislation to slap new human rights sanctions on Iran's leaders.

Shaman... What do you have against enforcing Human Rights?
How 'bout a lil' Consistency?

:rolleyes:

How 'bout a lil' Consistency?:rolleyes:

Abu Ghraib, water-boarding, suspending Habeus Corpus, extreme rendition, illegal invasions, warrantless wiretaps...

I'd say we show remarkable consistency. :rolleyes:

Oh. You mean towards others?
We're Murika gawd-dammit! We make up our own rules and nobody better tell us otherwise!

Just curious... anybody else tired of being a member of the out-of-control, belligerent, jerk-nation of the world?

I know I am.

And some wonder why we are so loathed over there in the ARAB/MUSLIM world...GEEE anyone have a CLUE?

We're loathed in the Arab/Muslim world because we are not Muslims, support Israel, give rights to gays instead of stoning them, are overtly immoral, and...we're not Muslim.

BTW, Iranians are not Arab, they are Persian. The Iranians want to reestablish their Persian empire, and the US and the Sunni's are in the way. Funny they don't get all broke up about the morality of empire like we do. In fact I don't think I've ever heard a Muslim anywhere apologize for their long history of forced acquisition of territory and forced conversions. Has Spain or India ever received an apology?

Sanctions against Iran are a meaningless gesture.

We're loathed in the Arab/Muslim world because we are not Muslims, support Israel, give rights to gays instead of stoning them, are overtly immoral, and...we're not Muslim.
I know that...did you miss my sarcasm ;)
BTW, Iranians are not Arab, they are Persian.
Knew that too...but thank you for pointing out the obvious :)
The Iranians want to reestablish their Persian empire, and the US and the Sunni's are in the way. Funny they don't get all broke up about the morality of empire like we do. In fact I don't think I've ever heard a Muslim anywhere apologize for their long history of forced acquisition of territory and forced conversions. Has Spain or India ever received an apology?
A friend of mine was a nanny for a high powered embassy official who was located in Saudi Arabia way back in the good ole days...and they have a saying about the Muslim culture..."I can hate my neighbor/brother/cousin but you can't hate my neighbor/brother/cousin and if you raise up against one of them then you have all of us against you"...blood is indeed thicker then any American way of thinking.
Sanctions against Iran are a meaningless gesture.
Well certainly...the diabolical/maniacal leader is nuts and could give a rat's arse what we threaten his country with...as we've done many other times in our nations history; we'll need to work behind the scenes via CIA contacts and subversive moves to unseat him...but then some one else more diabolical/maniacal will just take his place! :(

Werbung:
Back