Judge rules Katrina damage not covered by Nationwide.

Werbung:
I have to say, I know the insurance company is trying to protect their assets but the people who lost everything in the storm do deserve some compensation. It just seems wrong to me that the company whom these people have been paying insurance premiums to, is leaving the victims of this storm with no coverage payouts. I can understand the wording of the insurance contracts and why it was worded the way it was, but it still doesn’t sit well with me that companies can get away with this.

I heard about the Judge’s ruling re. homes destroyed by Katrina a few minutes ago on TV news. I was not, in the least little bit, surprised by the ruling; after all who is in the better position to $persuade the judge, an insurance company(s) or homeless, destitute victims of the storm? All of the damage done was caused by Katrina; fires, flooding and etc. were “collateral damage” incidental to the hurricane. You must excuse me, I have turned very cynical in the past five or so years.

I heard about the Judge’s ruling re. homes destroyed by Katrina a few minutes ago on TV news. I was not, in the least little bit, surprised by the ruling; after all who is in the better position to $persuade the judge, an insurance company(s) or homeless, destitute victims of the storm? All of the damage done was caused by Katrina; fires, flooding and etc. were “collateral damage” incidental to the hurricane. You must excuse me, I have turned very cynical in the past five or so years.

:Welcome: I hope you enjoy the site.

To make a claim that Nationwide is using leverage to escape paying damages is not really that cynical. In the age of corporate scandals, being mildly skeptical is most likely a good thing. It beats being native and gullible.

If you have any problems please post them here or PM me.

This case is part of what makes me never want to bother with insurance. What's the point? You buy insurance for a disaster, and in the event of disaster, your insurance money can't help you out. Seriously, I'm only going to bother with auto insurance (mandatory in Ohio), and MAYBE health insurance, and that's it.

Insurance companies are the biggest scam running. They take money and keep it and that is all there is to it. It is so hard to get a claim paid any more it is a shame.

Werbung:
And that is why insurance is a billion dollar industry. it's like a big savings account, that you don't have withdrawal rights to.

Back