Just Give Me Some Truth

Werbung:
I just joined a few minutes ago, and thought that this would make the perfect introductory message, as it reflects my attitude to modern day politics perfectly....relevant as it was the day that it was written.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1QV_HacITGA
I'm hopin' the younger-people who (finally) stayed organized, long-enough, to get Obama elected, need to be reminded that their participation doesn't end, after the Election!

The Yuppies (of my generation) are perfect-examples of what happens, when political-participation is seen as one-more-trend (the Yuppies dutifully-pursued)....after-which the Yuppies chased Disco, Greed Is Good and Family Values.....conveniently forgetting (what they claimed were) their Politics. :rolleyes:

images

......And, now.....it's YOUR TURN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:cool:

"It was, always and forever, about connectedness. It was about how we are all in this together. It was about resisting the status quo and fighting tyrannical corporate/political power and it was about opening your consciousness and seeing new possibilities of how we can all live with something resembling actual respect for the planet, for alternative cultures, for each other. You know, all that typical hippie crap no one believes in anymore. Right?"

How funny. A guy requests truth, and the one guy on the entire forum that is consistently wrong the most often, replies to it.

The Truth Is...

"The truth is that all men having power ought to be mistrusted" --James Madison--

Re: The Truth Is...

"The truth is that all men having power ought to be mistrusted" --James Madison--

Truth is what you want people to believe.
Truth is what sells.
Truth is that which is not legally false.

I don't know anymore who said that, but from a cultural perspective it's spot-on.

"The people are the rightful masters of both congresses and the courts. Not to overthrow the Constitution, but to overthrow the men who pervert it" --Abraham Lincoln--

Consider them overthrown. As of tomorrow, there are new winds blowing.
Let's hope it's not:
"Meet the new boss, same as the old boss" --Daltry/Townsend--

"The care of human life and happiness, and not their destruction, is the first and only legitimate object of good government" --Thomas Jefferson--

There is no new thing under the sun.

There you go Mr. Mike, you have been given some truth.

"Bitter Truth"

Libs want freedom but not responsibility.

Freedom to smoke, but not responsibilty to pay health bills
Freedom to eat at MCd's and not pay the medical bills for heart surgery..

Just to name a few.

Having the freedom to choose should not infringe on someone elses's right. My hard earned income to pay for those mistakes is infringing on my liberty.

"Bitter Truth"

Libs want freedom but not responsibility.

Freedom to smoke, but not responsibilty to pay health bills
Freedom to eat at MCd's and not pay the medical bills for heart surgery..

Just to name a few.

Having the freedom to choose should not infringe on someone elses's right. My hard earned income to pay for those mistakes is infringing on my liberty.

You seem to be painting with a pretty wide brush, lots of Conservatives smoke and the tobacco industry is owned by Conservatives. So you support gay marriage then, because gays are asking for the same rights and responsibilities under law that are given and expected from straights?

So many say that they want the truth.

Do they really want truth? I say, no, no no way!
Bingo!!!!!

"Our cities have turned into jungles
And corruption is stranglin' the land
The police force is watching the people
And the people just can't understand
We don't know how to mind our own business
'Cause the whole worlds got to be just like us
Now we are fighting a war over there
No matter who's the winner
We can't pay the cost.
"​

What I am saying is that having the freedom to choose means you aslo accept the responsibility. don't expect a check because you didn't know the coffee was hot.

You seem to be painting with a pretty wide brush, lots of Conservatives smoke and the tobacco industry is owned by Conservatives. So you support gay marriage then, because gays are asking for the same rights and responsibilities under law that are given and expected from straights?

Gays have the same right to marry someone of the opposite sex as anyone else.

There seems to be this strange assumption on the part of liberals, that if the CEO of a cigarette company votes or donates to republicans, he must be conservative. Did that thought ever occur to you that perhaps they just don't trust democrats who routinely tax and restrict their business?

Not saying none of them are conservatives. Obviously it's very possible some are. But most I would bet are simply supporting republicans simply on the basis of their CEO duty to do what's best to promote their business. Obviously a political party the likes to regulate, control, hinder and tax your industry, isn't the best choice to support for elected office.

Werbung:
What I am saying is that having the freedom to choose means you aslo accept the responsibility. don't expect a check because you didn't know the coffee was hot.

As if anyone didn't know the coffee would be hot, or didn't see the word written in red around the cup saying "HOT" wasn't enough of a clue. Not to mention the brilliance of placing the cup marked "HOT" with coffee that's always served cold, between your legs while driving.

They shouldn't have fined McDonalds, they should have fined the customer for being so blatantly stupid.

Back