Justice Department Rejects South Carolina Voter ID Law

Do you believe asking voters for a photo ID disenfranchises minority voters in anyway?

• Total voters

Texas_tea

"COLUMBIA, S.C. – The Justice Department on Friday rejected South Carolina's law requiring voters to show photo identification at the polls, saying it makes it harder for minorities to cast ballots. It was the first voter ID law to be refused by the federal agency in nearly 20 years."
This is the same DOJ that refused to prosecute the Black Panthers for standing outside of voting centers in Philadelphia, brandishing weapons and using racial slurs against white people who were trying to go inside to vote.
J. Christian Adams, who was an attorney for the DOJ and considered to be the "whistle blower" in the DOJ Black Panthers case is qouted as saying:
"[the] 1965 Voting Rights Act protects voters from voter intimidation. You’re supposed to be able to go vote without somebody with a weapon shouting racial slurs at you like these folks were doing in Philadelphia."

In fact, the Black Panthers voter intimidation case in Philly was blatant that veteran civil rights activist Bartle Bull who served under Robert F. Kennedy in Mississippi in the '60s was qouted as saying:
"[this] was the worst case of voter intimidation he has ever seen in his 40 years of practicing civil rights laws."
J. Christian Adams goes on to say that the DOJ has a policy now of not pursuing cases if the defendant is black and the victim is white. The interview with J. Christian Adams can be viewed below.

Now, clearly the 1965 Voting Rights Act was passed to protect voters from intimidation. Can someone explain to me how asking someone to show a photo ID in order to vote is "intimidating?" According to the actions of Obama and Eric Holders DOJ it's obviously more intimidating than the Black Panthers wearing uniforms and boots, brandishing clubs and using racial slurs outside voting centers.
Showing a photo ID doesn't seem to be "intimidating" or even any kind of problem at all when it comes to these "minorities" and non-minorities alike receiving any kind of government assistance. But, suddenly when it comes time to vote then oh-no ... asking for an ID disenfranchises the minority voter. What the hell ... minorities can't get photo ID's? Is this a privilege reserved only for white people?
BS ... this only guarantees the democrats more access to voter fraud. As I have pointed out in my other post, the democrats are and have been for sometime engaged in systematically defrauding the voting system in this Country and this latest effort by the DOJ is just another text book example.
Despite the fact that Obama has the lowest approval rating of any sitting president in history and that no president has ever been re-elected with approval ratings this low going into an election year, I predict that Obama will win in 2012. Just like in 2008, the democrat party will assist him in once again in stealing the election.

Werbung:
DofJ is a uber-political entity. I'd be inclined to ignore them. If they want to take it to the courrts (the right thing to do) then fine but they know they lose there ergo this nonsense.

DofJ is a uber-political entity. I'd be inclined to ignore them. If they want to take it to the courrts (the right thing to do) then fine but they know they lose there ergo this nonsense.

I agree ... but the blatant anti-American, anti-Constitutional attitude of this regime is very alarming!

Washington, D.C.

Today, U.S. Senators Jim DeMint (R-South Carolina), David Vitter (R-Louisiana) and Jeff Sessions (R-Alabama) announced they will soon offer legislation to prohibit President Obama’s administration, including the Department of Justice (DOJ) and other agencies, from participating in lawsuits against South Carolina, Alabama and Arizona over recently passed immigration laws.

Ask yourself why members of Congress are drafting legislation to prevent Obama from suing the states? Now post a realistic legitimate comment that rebuts the fact that Obama is clearly the enemy to the Constitution, the enemy to the American people .... the enemy of America!!!

Washington, D.C.

Today, U.S. Senators Jim DeMint (R-South Carolina), David Vitter (R-Louisiana) and Jeff Sessions (R-Alabama) announced they will soon offer legislation to prohibit President Obama’s administration, including the Department of Justice (DOJ) and other agencies, from participating in lawsuits against South Carolina, Alabama and Arizona over recently passed immigration laws.

Ask yourself why members of Congress are drafting legislation to prevent Obama from suing the states? Now post a realistic legitimate comment that rebuts the fact that Obama is clearly the enemy to the Constitution, the enemy to the American people .... the enemy of America!!!

don't think DofJ was talking about suing but just pretending they can just say no. we have courts to make these decisions. checks and balances you know.

Its funny you guys cry about activist judges, but its so clear thats what you want..

you talk about protecting the constitution, but if anyone says what you want is against it, you don't care.

whether the judge who ultimately hears this case is activist or not is another matter. DoJ hasn't the authority to just say no. there is a proper way to do it. we'll gripe if the judge decides that a) SC is in the right and Eric Holder has to stand on a street corner with a sign saying I am an idiot for the rest of his life or b) SC is wrong and they now have to give every minority citizen a Cadillac.

whether the judge who ultimately hears this case is activist or not is another matter. DoJ hasn't the authority to just say no. there is a proper way to do it. we'll gripe if the judge decides that a) SC is in the right and Eric Holder has to stand on a street corner with a sign saying I am an idiot for the rest of his life or b) SC is wrong and they now have to give every minority citizen a Cadillac.
actuly they do have that right, as SC was one of the states that has special laws protecting minority voting since it has had some issues with that whole blacks are people thing in the past.

Werbung:
Back