Kansas doctor acquitted in late-term abortion case

Popeye

Another defeat for the 12th century religious freaks, but it's criminal that this doctor even had to endure this.

Reporting from Wichita -- In a trial watched closely by those on both sides of the abortion debate, Dr. George Tiller, a Kansas physician accused of performing 19 illegal late-term abortions, was found not guilty today. The six-person jury, three men and three women, deliberated for less than an hour.

Those in the future will look back and shake their heads at the ruination of lives and overall nonsense the religious fundies have put this country through...much as we decry the Inquisitions or the Salem witch trials now.

Tiller was charged with 19 criminal misdemeanor counts of violating a Kansas law that requires a second opinion from a doctor with no legal or financial ties to any physician who terminates the pregnancies of women whose fetuses are considered "viable" -- or able to survive outside the womb. That generally happens around six months' gestation.

http://www.latimes.com/features/health/la-na-kansas-abortion-trial28-2009mar28,0,2365215.story

Werbung:
Another defeat for the 12th century religious freaks, but it's criminal that this doctor even had to endure this.

Those in the future will look back and shake their heads at the ruination of lives and overall nonsense the religious fundies have put this country through...much as we decry the Inquisitions or the Salem witch trials now.

http://www.latimes.com/features/health/la-na-kansas-abortion-trial28-2009mar28,0,2365215.story

Popeye,

I am surprised you would want to talk about this particular doctor. What he does is against the pro abortion argument. The argument for late term abortion is that its always for the life of the mother or only in sever cases of retardation or deformed children exc.

This guy will abort up to the due date for any woman any time as long as you have the money. And he performs a whole hell of a lot of abortions. People come from other states where it is illegal to abort in the 8th and 9th month for him to kill their babies.

He does other weird things, he will for a fee of course dress up your dead baby in clothes and take pictures for you, and give you hand and feet prints and have them baptized. Does that sound like things you would do for a clump of cells?

I don’t agree with your stance on abortion (the early term ones) but I respect your thoughts on it. But when you defend a man like this and what he does…..I can’t even begin to understand

Popeye,

I am surprised you would want to talk about this particular doctor. What he does is against the pro abortion argument. The argument for late term abortion is that its always for the life of the mother or only in sever cases of retardation or deformed children exc.

This guy will abort up to the due date for any woman any time as long as you have the money. And he performs a whole hell of a lot of abortions. People come from other states where it is illegal to abort in the 8th and 9th month for him to kill their babies.

I'm not sure what you've been listening to, but it's not just a matter of a woman having enough money.. Kansas law only allows for late term abortions if two independent physicians agree the procedure is necessary to save a woman's life or prevent "substantial and irreversible" harm to "a major bodily function." Obviously what Dr Tiller is doing is needed and legal.

This man's clinic was bombed in 1986 and he was shot in '93, yet he continues to carry out the important work of saving women's lives...as opposed to the right wing loonies who care little about the mental or physical health of the women involved and only think of them as incubators.

Dr. Tiller should be looked upon as a hero and those who would use violence in an attempt to stop him, should be condemned.

BTW, I don't understand your views on abortion either...so I guess we're even.

I'm not sure what you've been listening to, but it's not just a matter of a woman having enough money.. Kansas law only allows for late term abortions if two independent physicians agree the procedure is necessary to save a woman's life or prevent "substantial and irreversible" harm to "a major bodily function." Obviously what Dr Tiller is doing is needed and legal.

This man's clinic was bombed in 1986 and he was shot in '93, yet he continues to carry out the important work of saving women's lives...as opposed to the right wing loonies who care little about the mental or physical health of the women involved and only think of them as incubators.

Dr. Tiller should be looked upon as a hero and those who would use violence in an attempt to stop him, should be condemned.

BTW, I don't understand your views on abortion either...so I guess we're even.

You honestly believe the only abortions he gives are when the mothers life is at risk?

can you explain to me how killing a baby in the 9th month can save a womans life?

I dont agree at all with the bombing of his clinic or shooting him, I wont even begin to try and defend that.

But I do need help on why killing a full term baby will save a womans life?

He does other weird things, he will for a fee of course dress up your dead baby in clothes and take pictures for you, and give you hand and feet prints and have them baptized.
You've (of course) got proof of all this, right??

:rolleyes:

You honestly believe the only abortions he gives are when the mothers life is at risk?

can you explain to me how killing a baby in the 9th month can save a womans life?

I dont agree at all with the bombing of his clinic or shooting him, I wont even begin to try and defend that.

But I do need help on why killing a full term baby will save a womans life?

Pandora, I'm just telling you what Kansas law says...considering it's a conservative state and there are regular protests outside his clinic, I'm sure that if Tiller was violating the law he would have been brought up on charges long ago.

The charges that he was just acquitted of had to do with prosecutors alleging he had a financial relationship with the second physician (2 are needed) who signed off on some late term abortions.

So, he wasn't even on trial for providing unnecessary abortions.

Pandora, I'm just telling you what Kansas law says...considering it's a conservative state and there are regular protests outside his clinic, I'm sure that if Tiller was violating the law he would have been brought up on charges long ago.

The charges that he was just acquitted of had to do with prosecutors alleging he had a financial relationship with the second physician (2 are needed) who signed off on some late term abortions.

So, he wasn't even on trial for providing unnecessary abortions.

Again, can you explain to me how killing a full term baby will save the life of the mother? That is what he does, that is his specialty.

Using basic reasoning I can see how there could be complications in a woman’s body late in a pregnancy and the baby must be delivered early, that happens fairly often. But what I don’t get is why the baby must be killed rather than just delivered anytime after the 6th or 7th month for the mother to live.

http://www.operationrescue.org/archives/tiller-admits-criminal-activity-in-undercover-video/

Again, can you explain to me how killing a full term baby will save the life of the mother? That is what he does, that is his specialty.

Using basic reasoning I can see how there could be complications in a woman’s body late in a pregnancy and the baby must be delivered early, that happens fairly often. But what I don’t get is why the baby must be killed rather than just delivered anytime after the 6th or 7th month for the mother to live.

http://www.operationrescue.org/archives/tiller-admits-criminal-activity-in-undercover-video/

Look, pressure from whacko groups like Operation Rescue are the reason Tiller was brought up on these trumped up charges to begin with. In fact, according to the news stories, members of the group were in the courtroom when the verdict was read...they then commenced to weeping...oh boy.

Here's some more on late term abortions...

When Congress first considered the ban in 1995, Watts testified on Capitol Hill. So did Viki Wilson of Fresno, Calif., who had a late-term abortion because the brain of the fetus she was carrying had developed outside the skull. So did Vikki Stella of Naperville, Ill., whose fetus had dwarfism, no brain tissue and seven other major abnormalities.

All three women told legislators they owed their health to late-term abortions and that a continuation of their doomed pregnancies posed grave health risks such as stroke, paralysis, infertility or even death.

As they campaign to save access to these procedures, Watts, Stella and Wilson point out that in virtually all cases, late-term abortions are the only way to respond to unanticipated complications: the death of the fetus inside the womb, problems that mean the fetus can't live outside the womb, or serious threats to the mother's health.

"No women has these procedures for frivolous reasons," says Stella. "They have them because it's their only choice."

http://inowrite.blogspot.com/2008/09/late-term-abortion.html

Look, pressure from whacko groups like Operation Rescue are the reason Tiller was brought up on these trumped up charges to begin with. In fact, according to the news stories, members of the group were in the courtroom when the verdict was read...they then commenced to weeping...oh boy.

Here's some more on late term abortions...

http://inowrite.blogspot.com/2008/09/late-term-abortion.html

But you still are not answering the simple question

Why the child must be killed rather than delivered. No one is arguing that there are rare cases where a woman might not be able to keep a baby in her body and the baby in rare cases must come out of the body early. If the baby is viable why kill it rather than deliver it, that is all im asking.

Dr Tiller specializes in late term abortions so all the babies he kills were viable but in every case they were killed rather than delivered. The weird thing is he calls it delivery instead of abortion and he gives Certificates of premature miscarriage instead of abortion and he refers to them as babies.

http://www.drtiller.com/remembrance.html <---his official website

Many patients request a remembrance of their baby to take home with them. The following lists items and services that some of our previous patients have found helpful in their emotional recovery. Everyone approaches this experience with their own unique emotional, spiritual, and cultural background. There is not right way or wrong way, just "your way". Once the process of healing has begun, you may want to consider a token of the precious time you and your baby had together. All of these features of our program will be discusssed with you while you are with us:

Viewing your baby after delivery
Holding your baby after delivery
Photographs of your baby
Baptism of your baby, with or without a certificate
Footprints and handprints of your baby
Certificate of premature miscarriage
Cremation
An urn for ashes
Arrangement of burial in either Wichita or your home state
Arrangement of amniocentesis/autopsy
Medical photographsand x-rays for your health care professional
Grief is a very complex emotion which is expressed in many different ways. We will attempt to accommodate your individual requests to the very best of our abilities.

I really cant stand replying to you but I will.

(of course) got proof of all this, right??

Yes I do. Below, the first link is to Dr. Tillers official website, the second link is to the section I first wrote about, my proof.

http://www.drtiller.com/
Hmmmmmmmmmmm......no references to "....dress up your dead baby in clothes...", here......​
.....Nor, here.......

Is it possible you've got (somewhat) an over-active imagination? (More-often referred-to as LIES.)

Hmmmmmmmmmmm......no references to "....dress up your dead baby in clothes...", here......

.....Nor, here.......

Is it possible you've got (somewhat) an over-active imagination? (More-often referred-to as LIES.)

Only a true freak of nature is going to think he is going to give them cold naked bodies to hold for pictures. I could post some letters from women who had abortions there and did witness and participate in this, but proof doesnt mean anything to you so I am not going to bother.

Werbung:
He does other weird things, he will for a fee of course dress up your dead baby in clothes and take pictures for you, and give you hand and feet prints and have them baptized. Does that sound like things you would do for a clump of cells?
Only a true freak of nature is going to think he is going to give them cold naked bodies to hold for pictures.
Sooooooooo.....seeing as how you're so well-informed on the subject....what type of photo-attire is available?? I'd assume hats are outta-the-question, right?

Back