Keith Olberman Fired.

BigRob

MSNBC shaking things up it appears.

It was obvious it was coming though, he did not even bother to be impartial as of late.

Werbung:

It was obvious it was coming though, he did not even bother to be impartial as of late.

He is not really fired is he? I thought they just took him off actual news and he still has his show.

I do not like him really but I think he has a right to his hourly show. Its healthy to have both sides.

He is extreme left and Hannity is extreme right

Rachel Madow has a new show that started tonight right after Olbermans show, I figure she is extreme left too (but I like her) and she can counter Bill O.

That seems fair.

Was he fired from all of PMSNBC or just for news casting?

That's funny... I just watched his show tonight! He was GREAT!:D

You probably mean he's not doing the debate coverage and such. I'm pretty sure the whole world knew Olberman was just the counter balance to FIXED NEWS. It's not like his lean was unknown or attempted to be hidden.

I personally liked it but have no problem with Dick Gregory. He'll be fine. And Keith can just continue the great work with his show.;)

It's all good!

That's funny... I just watched his show tonight! He was GREAT!:D

You probably mean he's not doing the debate coverage and such. I'm pretty sure the whole world knew Olberman was just the counter balance to FIXED NEWS. It's not like his lean was unknown or attempted to be hidden.

I personally liked it but have no problem with Dick Gregory. He'll be fine. And Keith can just continue the great work with his show.;)

It's all good!

I am glad he is keeping his show. There really needs to be a show like his and like Rachel Madow's for the left wing people. You should get a third because Glenn Beck is pretty good too and there is no one countering him on PMSNBC yet.

No offense, but your thread title is misleading BS. Olbermann and Mathews were removed as anchors for debate and election coverage only. Both still have their own regular shows and will remain as commentators for the debates and elections.

From the NY Times

After months of accusations of political bias and simmering animosity between MSNBC and its parent network NBC, the channel decided over the weekend that the NBC News correspondent and MSNBC host David Gregory would anchor news coverage of the coming debates and election night. Mr. Olbermann and Mr. Matthews will remain as analysts during the coverage

“Countdown” will still be shown before the three fall debates and a second edition will be shown sometime afterwards, following the program anchored by Mr. Gregory.

His program “Countdown,” now a liberal institution, was created by Mr. Olbermann in 2003 but it found its voice in his gnawing dissent regarding the Bush administration, often in the form of “special comment” segments.

As Mr. Olbermann raised his voice, his ratings rose as well, and he now reaches more than one million viewers a night, a higher television rating than any other show in the troubled 12-year history of the network

Just last year, Mr. Olbermann signed a four-year, $4-million-a-year contract with MSNBC. NBC is close to supplementing that contract with Mr. Olbermann, extending his deal through 2013 — and ensuring that he will be on MSNBC through the next election.

Both he and Chris Matthews were fired from their anchor jobs, officially because they got the WORST ratings of ANY network during the conventions, but everybody knows that it's because they're nothing but a couple of political shills for the DNC, with no journalistic integrity whatsoever.

Frankly, listening to either one of them lately is about the same as listening to Poopeye or top gun. Totally biased BULLSHAT.

Both he and Chris Matthews were fired from their anchor jobs, officially because they got the WORST ratings of ANY network during the conventions, but everybody knows that it's because they're nothing but a couple of political shills for the DNC, with no journalistic integrity whatsoever.

Frankly, listening to either one of them lately is about the same as listening to Poopeye or top gun. Totally biased BULLSHAT.

Right they weren't happy with the ratings, however a closer look reveals this:

Although MSNBC nearly doubled its total audience compared with the 2004 conventions, its competitive position did not improve, as it remained in last place among the broadcast and cable news networks. In prime time, the channel averaged 2.2 million viewers during the Democratic convention and 1.7 million viewers during the Republican convention.

I personally am happy Keith can now concentrate on his own show, without pretending to be unbiased. He had a great interview with Obama tonight. Rachel Maddow's new show debuted right after Keiths, now we have a one two punch every night ready to expose the lies of the GOP.

now we have a one two punch every night ready to expose the lies of the GOP.

Sure ya do, and I guess that means I'm going to have a LOT of fun proving that you Libtards wouldn't know the truth if it walked up and smacked you in the suck hole!!

BRING 'EM ON!! List the "lies", and I'll be MORE than happy to prove that it's the Libtards who are doing all the lying!

Werbung:
Those guys were removed because they were too biased EVEN for the lib media, with their wholesale anti-McCain "coverage" of the convention - apparently, there are lower limits beyond which EVEN the lib media won't sink to.

Back