1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Discuss politics - join our community by registering for free here! HOP - the political discussion forum

Keith Olberman Fired.

Discussion in 'U.S. Politics' started by BigRob, Sep 9, 2008.

1. BigRob

BigRob Well-Known Member

MSNBC shaking things up it appears.

It was obvious it was coming though, he did not even bother to be impartial as of late.

2. Pandora

Pandora Well-Known Member

He is not really fired is he? I thought they just took him off actual news and he still has his show.

I do not like him really but I think he has a right to his hourly show. Its healthy to have both sides.

He is extreme left and Hannity is extreme right

Rachel Madow has a new show that started tonight right after Olbermans show, I figure she is extreme left too (but I like her) and she can counter Bill O.

That seems fair.

Was he fired from all of PMSNBC or just for news casting?

3. top gun

top gun New Member

That's funny... I just watched his show tonight! He was GREAT!:D

You probably mean he's not doing the debate coverage and such. I'm pretty sure the whole world knew Olberman was just the counter balance to FIXED NEWS. It's not like his lean was unknown or attempted to be hidden.

I personally liked it but have no problem with Dick Gregory. He'll be fine. And Keith can just continue the great work with his show.;)

It's all good!

4. Pandora

Pandora Well-Known Member

I am glad he is keeping his show. There really needs to be a show like his and like Rachel Madow's for the left wing people. You should get a third because Glenn Beck is pretty good too and there is no one countering him on PMSNBC yet.

5. Popeye

Popeye Active Member

No offense, but your thread title is misleading BS. Olbermann and Mathews were removed as anchors for debate and election coverage only. Both still have their own regular shows and will remain as commentators for the debates and elections.

From the NY Times

6. Federal Farmer

Federal Farmer New Member

Both he and Chris Matthews were fired from their anchor jobs, officially because they got the WORST ratings of ANY network during the conventions, but everybody knows that it's because they're nothing but a couple of political shills for the DNC, with no journalistic integrity whatsoever.

Frankly, listening to either one of them lately is about the same as listening to Poopeye or top gun. Totally biased BULLSHAT.

7. Popeye

Popeye Active Member

Right they weren't happy with the ratings, however a closer look reveals this:

I personally am happy Keith can now concentrate on his own show, without pretending to be unbiased. He had a great interview with Obama tonight. Rachel Maddow's new show debuted right after Keiths, now we have a one two punch every night ready to expose the lies of the GOP.

8. Federal Farmer

Federal Farmer New Member

Sure ya do, and I guess that means I'm going to have a LOT of fun proving that you Libtards wouldn't know the truth if it walked up and smacked you in the suck hole!!

BRING 'EM ON!! List the "lies", and I'll be MORE than happy to prove that it's the Libtards who are doing all the lying!

9. Libsmasher

Libsmasher New Member

Those guys were removed because they were too biased EVEN for the lib media, with their wholesale anti-McCain "coverage" of the convention - apparently, there are lower limits beyond which EVEN the lib media won't sink to.