Kenny Starr Defends "Lynch-Mob" Agenda!

Mr. Shaman

"California's battle over same-sex marriage went before the state's highest court Thursday, with civil rights lawyers seeking to overturn a voter-approved ban on gay weddings.

But it was Ken Starr, best known for prosecuting President Bill Clinton, who stole the show on Thursday after leveling an argument that a simple majority vote is enough to remove any right from a minority group.

"The right of the people is inalienable to change their constitution through the amendment process," said Starr. "The people are sovereign and they can do very unwise things, and things that tug at the equality principle."

Chief Justice Ronald George posed a hypothetical: what if the majority demanded the right to free speech be revoked?

"After much banter back and forth, Starr says they do."
One more great example of the benefits of a popular-vote.

:rolleyes:

Werbung:
In the fall of 1983, I was falsely accused of being a drug dealer by undercover policemen who had built a perfect false case against me.

I never hired a lawyer. I successfully argued that the given word of God was the Law and that the means by which these policemen had built their case was in clear and direct opposition to God's given word.

There was a whole bunch of extremely pissed off policemen. I told them that as far as I was concerned, they could eat sh#t and die.

Anyone who accepts that the will of the majority is a valid means of determining Law, deserves whatever they get.

It's been voted on 3 times and everytime it fails.

What about anti-gun laws. Would that be the same example

Stop sniveling about gun laws...it's not as if the Republicans and the NRA are Second Amendment absolutists, if they were they wouldn't go along with such things as background checks.

In the fall of 1983, I was falsely accused of being a drug dealer by undercover policemen who had built a perfect false case against me.

I never hired a lawyer. I successfully argued that the given word of God was the Law and that the means by which these policemen had built their case was in clear and direct opposition to God's given word.

There was a whole bunch of extremely pissed off policemen. I told them that as far as I was concerned, they could eat sh#t and die.

Anyone who accepts that the will of the majority is a valid means of determining Law, deserves whatever they get.

did they just not say guilty becuse they thought you where crazy? cuz thats not a very legit sounding case to me you had made for yourself.

sorry blacks, we voted, and your back to slaves

Sorry we also voted and Banned the republican party. majority rules

thats the logic used here it seems....but they voted....well guess what you cant just vote for anything you want. You cant vote that your neighbor has to move, becuse no one likes him...Majority rules, Minority rights.

Werbung:
so let's say the libs got the measured passed by popular vote and the opposition went to supreme court to over turn.

Then the libs would be saying.. But the people voted for it. It has stay.

It's a double-standard.

Back