Kneeling during the National Anthem

To be frank mate, I have adsolutely no clue about NASCAR or the folk that go. Do all people that go wave one... apart from the dukes of hazard IQ brigade is it relevant to the identity of the spectators? I haven't got a clue so I will defer on this point:)
Neither does op.
Do all that go wave one ? No. You will see a few in the parking lot among the RV section that have more elaborate displays. You may see a few t-shirts or hats in the crowd but mainly it's garish t-shirts with favorite drivers on the apparel. You will see far more black faces than jonny tend. And this is not a recent thing, been this way for many years and neither just at yuppie tracks but the same at as hillbilly as it gets Martinsville.
People love to dream up things to support their biases but the reality is very different. I've been attending races for decades. Even seen blacks sporting the stars and bars. Truth is stranger than fiction sometimes

Werbung:
That's a fair point, however, I guess that then leads to the question of why Trump decided to make such an issue of it! Why not leave it alone and as you say let it remain a local law enforcement issue! Why is his CofS not keeping a tighter grip on his boss's twitter account!!
A. He's the boss
B. If the NFL dies that's a huge hit on many segments of the economy. All those stadiums cities built still have to be paid for as one example. TV will take a massive hit, already is. Football pays for quite a lot but only if people are watching.

That's a fair point, however, I guess that then leads to the question of why Trump decided to make such an issue of it! Why not leave it alone and as you say let it remain a local law enforcement issue! Why is his CofS not keeping a tighter grip on his boss's twitter account!!

To assure that you understand the "point" before judging it as "fair," here is a list of minorities who died at the hand of the police and where there were no conviction:

22007292_1684541321579101_2553095153715641096_n.jpg

Now, obviously, if you take everyone of those names and do a search in the internet, you will be able to learn the whole story. I doubt if you will. . .but it is up to you. Still, I decided to help you by posting at least one (randomly. . .I took the first name) report about this "no conviction," for which, by the way, there was a video:

Experts Weigh In on Video of Philando Castile Shooting - The New ...
https://www.nytimes.com/2017/06/21/.../video-police-shooting-philando-castile-trial.htm..

And, I agree with you. Trump had no business opening his big mouth. But it appears that he needed another "diversion" from the Russia investigation, his son in law using his private e-mail account for government business, and Jeff Session trying to keep Mueller from going further in his inquiry.

Last edited:
To be frank mate, I have adsolutely no clue about NASCAR or the folk that go. Do all people that go wave one... apart from the dukes of hazard IQ brigade is it relevant to the identity of the spectators? I haven't got a clue so I will defer on this point:)

I do not have much interest into NASCAR, but it is clear that NASCAR has a lot of interest in confederate flags:

Confederate flag still important symbol to many NASCAR fans
https://www.usatoday.com/story/.../nascar/.../confederate-flag-still...nascar.../5833200...
Aug 19, 2017 - As protests and rallies continue around the nation and debate on what to do with Confederate symbols rages on, some NASCAR fans fly flag .

NFL comment...

upload_2017-9-25_22-3-14.png
Statement From NFL Commissioner Roger Goodell

The following statement is in response to President Donald Trump’s comments last night...

The NFL and our players are at our best when we help create a sense of unity in our country and our culture. There is no better example than the amazing response from our clubs and players to the terrible natural disasters we've experienced over the last month. Divisive comments like these demonstrate an unfortunate lack of respect for the NFL, our great game and all of our players, and a failure to understand the overwhelming force for good our clubs and players represent in our communities.
https://nflcommunications.com/Pages/Statement-From-NFL-Commissioner-Roger-Goodell.aspx

I was thinking the same thing. The NFL doesn't do anything or allow anything without a massive amount of sampling and discussions with networks etc. If this damages the image then there will be repercussions.
Ratings are in freefall and everyone is scared of pissing off blacks. Massive mistake to not guide this to a more appropriate behavior. Worse still it's a violation of league rules. They have no excuse to go snowflake.
But pro hockey is waiting with open arms and a positive image.

Ratings are in freefall and everyone is scared of pissing off blacks. Massive mistake to not guide this to a more appropriate behavior. Worse still it's a violation of league rules. They have no excuse to go snowflake.
But pro hockey is waiting with open arms and a positive image.

Had to go racist didn't you. Hockey has never had a positive image, and I would never watch any sports event that is shown in prime time.

And where does free speech violate any rules? Hell, most of what they do, and you included, violates flag etiquette.

Neither does op.
Do all that go wave one ? No. You will see a few in the parking lot among the RV section that have more elaborate displays. You may see a few t-shirts or hats in the crowd but mainly it's garish t-shirts with favorite drivers on the apparel. You will see far more black faces than jonny tend. And this is not a recent thing, been this way for many years and neither just at yuppie tracks but the same at as hillbilly as it gets Martinsville.
People love to dream up things to support their biases but the reality is very different. I've been attending races for decades. Even seen blacks sporting the stars and bars. Truth is stranger than fiction sometimes

https://www.yahoo.com/news/dale-earnhardt-jr-bucks-nascar-140015052.html

Werbung:
Back