Latinos and Catholicism

Ace29

At a restaurant today, me and the waitress was talking on her off time.
She's from Colombia, so she says.
I can believe it.

She says, that her religion is against same sex marriage, she's catholic.

I told her that you are no longer in Colombia, you are in the United States of America and this isn't a Christian country, a catholic country, a Baptist country, a Jewish country, a Muslim country, a Hindu country, a Methodist country, a Buddhist country, or a martian country, a White Country, a Black Country, a Mexican country, a Chinese country, A Democrat country, a Republican country NOTHING.

This is a government bureaucratic, federal constitutional Republic country that promises to serve absolutely everybody equal justice no matter what.
And you need to keep your religion to yourself.

You got married, so can the gays.

Anything else ?

And its people like you that are the reason why nobody has any friends, why everybody is out for only one thing.... themselves, and nothing works, and everybody is angry all the time.

And while you stir that soup in your brain... you think about this too !

Because I'll tell you something else... being from Colombia, You're not exactly royalty around here either...
What you think about the gays... most of the country here thinks the exact same about you.

Yes you understand me....
And you think about that, good long and hard, you hear ?

lol

Werbung:
lol nice! I think more people need to hear it, too. Just change "gays" to "people". Everybody hates someone else, and everyone is hated by someone else. If you made a bright neon orange t-shirt that played loud music, and flashed a bunch of different colored lights, and had a hand that came out and slapped people until they looked at it, you still wouldn't get the point across to anywhere near enough people. Everyone would read it, and assume it applied to everyone else.

guess what your being ashole. she said her religion is against gay marriage, guess what it is. But being against something is not the same as enforcing laws against it. you said nothing about that. NO its not people like hers fault, and outside of racist assholes no one is going to be against her for being where she is from. But guess what racist assholes hate evryone anyway so who cares.

If that's the usual type of conversation when you go out to a restaurant I'm glad we don't eat together!

While I have my opinions on certain subjects, as everybody does, ranting at a waitress in a restaurant probably isn't the best place to vent your frustration, no matter what topic of conversation comes up.

I waited tables and carhopped at a drive in for a long time. I found out that servers aren't paid for their opinions. I know they are entitled and all that, like anyone else. But when you get paid to deal with the public, you're getting paid to be agreeable and likable. The reaction may have been a bit on the "over-reacting" side, it isn't the issue, in my opinion. The hypocrisy is what I picked up on. I know a woman on food stamps who will post conservative BS about getting rid of welfare because they're all bums. And the only child in her life is herself. Keep in mind this woman is completely capable of working. She just doesn't want to. She believes 51 years old is old enough to be taken care of by her sons. You can't control what country you were born in and you can't control who you are born to love. You can't control how much money you were born with, the color of your skin, or physical handicaps. But you can control how well you treat people and how accepting you are of people who are different from you. I have NEVER let someone else or any book tell me what group of people, that I don't know, I should judge or not accept. If you choose to, and you express those views,n you are setting yourself up to deal with the blowback.

Werbung:
I waited tables and carhopped at a drive in for a long time. I found out that servers aren't paid for their opinions. I know they are entitled and all that, like anyone else. But when you get paid to deal with the public, you're getting paid to be agreeable and likable. The reaction may have been a bit on the "over-reacting" side, it isn't the issue, in my opinion. The hypocrisy is what I picked up on. I know a woman on food stamps who will post conservative BS about getting rid of welfare because they're all bums. And the only child in her life is herself. Keep in mind this woman is completely capable of working. She just doesn't want to. She believes 51 years old is old enough to be taken care of by her sons. You can't control what country you were born in and you can't control who you are born to love. You can't control how much money you were born with, the color of your skin, or physical handicaps. But you can control how well you treat people and how accepting you are of people who are different from you. I have NEVER let someone else or any book tell me what group of people, that I don't know, I should judge or not accept. If you choose to, and you express those views,n you are setting yourself up to deal with the blowback.
Well said Lil.

Back