Lead Prosecutor of Weather Underground OUTRAGED at McCain Ayers smear

Popeye

This letter to the editor was published in the NY Times in it the chief prosecutor of the Weather Underground in the 1970s expresses outrage over the linking of Obama to Bill Ayers by the McCain campaign.

As the lead federal prosecutor of the Weathermen in the 1970s (I was then chief of the criminal division in the Eastern District of Michigan and took over the Weathermen prosecution in 1972), I am amazed and outraged that Senator Barack Obama is being linked to William Ayers’s terrorist activities 40 years ago when Mr. Obama was, as he has noted, just a child.

Although I dearly wanted to obtain convictions against all the Weathermen, including Bill Ayers, I am very pleased to learn that he has become a responsible citizen.

Because Senator Obama recently served on a board of a charitable organization with Mr. Ayers cannot possibly link the senator to acts perpetrated by Mr. Ayers so many years ago.

I do take issue with the statement in your news article that the Weathermen indictment was dismissed because of “prosecutorial misconduct.” It was dismissed because of illegal activities, including wiretaps, break-ins and mail interceptions, initiated by John N. Mitchell, attorney general at that time, and W. Mark Felt, an F.B.I. assistant director.

William C. Ibershof
Mill Valley, Calif., Oct. 8, 2008

Werbung:
Oh, Snap. (the sound of an elephant's head spinning around and snapping off)

Pubs can't win on the issues, they never could. In the last couple of elections, it's been equal doses of fear mongering and smears that have put them over the top. Unfortunately for them, this time the American public is in no mood for nonsense like the Ayers' smear...it only resonates with Obama haters. Right now, Americans are worried about the economy and poll after poll shows that Obama is the man they trust to turn it around.

This letter to the editor was published in the NY Times in it the chief prosecutor of the Weather Underground in the 1970s expresses outrage over the linking of Obama to Bill Ayers by the McCain campaign.

As the lead federal prosecutor of the Weathermen in the 1970s (I was then chief of the criminal division in the Eastern District of Michigan and took over the Weathermen prosecution in 1972), I am amazed and outraged that Senator Barack Obama is being linked to William Ayers’s terrorist activities 40 years ago when Mr. Obama was, as he has noted, just a child.

Although I dearly wanted to obtain convictions against all the Weathermen, including Bill Ayers, I am very pleased to learn that he has become a responsible citizen.

Because Senator Obama recently served on a board of a charitable organization with Mr. Ayers cannot possibly link the senator to acts perpetrated by Mr. Ayers so many years ago.

I do take issue with the statement in your news article that the Weathermen indictment was dismissed because of “prosecutorial misconduct.” It was dismissed because of illegal activities, including wiretaps, break-ins and mail interceptions, initiated by John N. Mitchell, attorney general at that time, and W. Mark Felt, an F.B.I. assistant director.

William C. Ibershof
Mill Valley, Calif., Oct. 8, 2008

That is strawman crapola of the most infantile kind. :D Nobody ever said Obama participated in Ayers' bombing attacks. The issue, which crapola like the above letter ducks, is that Obama has the poorest judgement because he became a close associate and friend of a known, unrepentent terrorist.

That is strawman crapola of the most infantile kind. :D Nobody ever said Obama participated in Ayers' bombing attacks. The issue, which crapola like the above letter ducks, is that Obama has the poorest judgement because he became a close associate and friend of a known, unrepentent terrorist.

Hmm... lets see, who is more informed and better able to speak on this issue? William C. Ibershof the chief prosecutor of the Weather Underground or Libs our chief resident GOP apologist and smearmiester?

Hmm... lets see, who is more informed and better able to speak on this issue? William C. Ibershof the chief prosecutor of the Weather Underground or Libs our chief resident GOP apologist and smearmiester?

A chief prosecutor is better qualified to offer up a strawman?? OK, I agree. :D

Why does what he said only true if he is a republican?

If the guy is in the tank for obama of course he would be unhappy to have this become an issue.

if this guy is not a mindless obama zombie and still feels this way, then it could be more than just cry cry cry you are being mean to my messiah and it could actually be taken seriously

If the guy is in the tank for obama of course he would be unhappy to have this become an issue.

if this guy is not a mindless obama zombie and still feels this way, then it could be more than just cry cry cry you are being mean to my messiah and it could actually be taken seriously

I see so now anyone who supports Obama you cant listen to at all? Basicly you think half the nation ( ok more then half he he) is so bias you cant listen to a word they say...yet you of course are so not bias right?

Honestly Popeye I really need clarification...

Do you honestly believe that any of the stories that have come out lately have tried to point that Obama somehow is linked with the " Bombings " Ayers commited ?!?!
Your honestly making the site look bad... and wasting precious webspace
Maybe we truely need to start viewing this kinda of hysteria as a form of mental illness..

Wait .. there already is one.. Cult of personality.

Popeye if you can't better explain the reason on this I might have to do like so many before me and ignore your future posts. I believe your smarter then this regardless of the blatant idiocy.

BTW responce should include soemthing other then another attack for being a repub, liberal or conservative. since the entire thought process is more inclinated to a handicapped in logic. THANK YOU!!! *many hugs/wave* :D: :D

I see so now anyone who supports Obama you cant listen to at all? Basicly you think half the nation ( ok more then half he he) is so bias you cant listen to a word they say...yet you of course are so not bias right?

No, not at all.

But just using the most basic of reasoning you should be able to see that when someone who is not in the tank for another person speaking up for them says volumes compared to someone who is in the tank for them speaking up for them.

Do you honestly believe that any of the stories that have come out lately have tried to point that Obama somehow is linked with the " Bombings " Ayers commited ?!?!
Maybe we truely need to start viewing this kinda of hysteria as a form of mental illness..

Popeye if you can't better explain the reason on this I might have to do like so many before me and ignore your future posts. I believe your smarter then this regardless of the blatant idiocy.

BTW responce should include soemthing other then another attack for being a repub, liberal or conservative. since the entire thought process is more inclinated to a handicapped in logic. THANK YOU!!! *many hugs/wave* :D: :D

Well said, the connection is trying to be made to question Obama's judgment, not connect him to any actual illegal activity.

I have absolutely no idea what you're talking about. Why would I think that which you speak of was being attempted when everyone involved on both sides fully realizes Obama was approximately 8 years old when the Weather Underground was around?

This thread is about a letter written to the NY Times by the chief prosecutor of the Weather Underground..you have a beef take it up with him. In the meantime, either take a lesson in reading comprehension or carry out your threat.

Werbung:
Well said, the connection is trying to be made to question Obama's judgment, not connect him to any actual illegal activity.

And McCain's ads on the subject specifically say that it shows Obama has bad judgement. Notice how cowardly Popeye is? Everyone here understands exactly what the issue is - Obama's close association with a terrorist bomber who has never repented of his acts. Instead, he tries bring up a phony straw man issue of how old obama was when the attacks occurred. Pure cowardice. :D

Back