Legalize It!!!!!!!

Mr. Shaman

"Lynch's case has become national news. Charlie Lynch and the 17-year-old cancer patient appeared in an episode of Drew Carey's 'Reason.tv', and MSNBC's Al Roker interviewed Charlie for "An Hour on Marijuana". The popularity of Lynch's trial in the media shows that politicians aren't the only ones who are re-considering how we think about marijuana in our country."

Apparently, when "conservatives" talk about Allowing The Marketplace To Regulate Itself, they're referring-to large-scale, financial rip-offs.

Werbung:
It wouldn't surprise me too much if you were a pot head, given the often nebulous, and disjointed responses you often make, with sources that don't even relate to the topic.
Yeah, Skippy...sure, Skippy....

Don't you have homework, to do, or something?

:rolleyes:

Actually, most people growers/smokers and opponents to marijuana alike are on the same side: keeping it illegal/illegitimate.

The growers are seeing a flooding of the market driving prices into the basement. People opposed on moralistic grounds just naturally hate it.

Smoking pot should be one of those things kept "abnormal", like gay sex. It will always exist and people should be treated with understanding and firm compassion who engage in it, but for reasons of social-learning we should never uphold aberrant behaviors as "normal"...ever...

Inhaling smoke into one's lungs is NOT NORMAL. You can call it what you like, but normal isn't something that applies to it.

It does have proven medicinal value. Therefore it should be made availible like all other prescription drugs with the FDA having total say in its manufacture and distribution. I've known people who have grown it and applied deadly pesticides to keep it looking nice "for street value" and sold it to unsuspecting ailing patients. I can only wonder how much more quickly they may have died from the toxic chemicals they were inhaling. When huge cash is involved, morality and oversight go in the trash can. There needs to be oversight. The situation is out of control.

Actually, most people growers/smokers and opponents to marijuana alike are on the same side: keeping it illegal/illegitimate.

The growers are seeing a flooding of the market driving prices into the basement. People opposed on moralistic grounds just naturally hate it.

Smoking pot should be one of those things kept "abnormal", like gay sex. It will always exist and people should be treated with understanding and firm compassion who engage in it, but for reasons of social-learning we should never uphold aberrant behaviors as "normal"...ever...

Inhaling smoke into one's lungs is NOT NORMAL. You can call it what you like, but normal isn't something that applies to it.

It does have proven medicinal value. Therefore it should be made availible like all other prescription drugs with the FDA having total say in its manufacture and distribution. I've known people who have grown it and applied deadly pesticides to keep it looking nice "for street value" and sold it to unsuspecting ailing patients. I can only wonder how much more quickly they may have died from the toxic chemicals they were inhaling. When huge cash is involved, morality and oversight go in the trash can. There needs to be oversight. The situation is out of control.

I'm not sure what the moral ground is against marijuana.

Pragmatically, my case against it has to do with the long-term effects I've seen on people I've known. People who lost their jobs, their wives, their children, their entire lives, all because they were stuck on weed.

Most of the people I've met, who were heavily hitting the flower power, were often the most useless pathetic people. Some have told me it's great because people high on pot, are funny and humorous. Not from what I've seen. That kind of funny, is no more entertaining than kindergartners exchanging potty jokes, or tripping a drunk guy causing him to fall, or that guy in California who made homeless bums fight over $10 bucks.

It's not funny, it's sick and pathetic. And the wife who longs for a her husband to come out of his drug induced stupor, and lead her family, or the child who can't figure out why daddy never plays with them, neither finds it very amusing either.

This is what I'm against. Having met enough people in loveless marriages, because one or both, was hooked on some substance, I can say I don't want to meet anymore. And if legalizing it will increase those numbers, then I'm against it.

Geeeeee.....more o' those Skippy/BigRob-style Absolutes....based on zip!!

What.....you consider these allegations facts, merely because your mouth was moving, and they came out.

You should try gettin' a job with Annie "Bones" Coulter! Hell, she (actually) gets paid for makin'-up-crap!!​

I'm not sure what the moral ground is against marijuana.

Pragmatically, my case against it has to do with the long-term effects I've seen on people I've known. People who lost their jobs, their wives, their children, their entire lives, all because they were stuck on weed.
B.S.!!!!!!!!!!!

It's fantasy-time, in Skippyland.....again!

Geeeeee.....more o' those Skippy/BigRob-style Absolutes....based on zip!!

What.....you consider these allegations facts, merely because your mouth was moving, and they came out.

You should try gettin' a job with Annie "Bones" Coulter! Hell, she (actually) gets paid for makin'-up-crap!!​

What did I "make up" and never offer evidence for?

the wife who longs for a her husband to come out of his drug induced stupor, and lead her family, or the child who can't figure out why daddy never plays with them, neither finds it very amusing either.~andy
Sadly I've seen this too. And yet the evil weed does have real abilities to heal. It is a drug therefore. Any prescription drug can be abused too and I've watched one woman waste away on vicadin...worse than any I've seen on pot.

Being a drug with good uses, it's domain should properly fall under the FDA. My father would be blind by now without using a derivitive of it. So I see both sides of the issue. The street stuff is a crap shoot though. There are no regulations, no testing of the substance so the consumers may be smoking anything from the pure stuff to stuff laced with DDT and anything possible inbetween. Uncle Sam needs to step in.

It won't be legalized because it's too hard to control...it's easy to grow in ones own garden so you won't be seeing tax revenues on it. I personally would rather be around someone on pot than someone who drinks or does pills, and there's no detox issues with it, the only addiction issue is psychological, not physical. The leads to blah blah is crap, I know several people in their mid 40's who still smoke & have no desire for other drugs.

It won't be legalized because it's too hard to control...
Yeah.....like alcohol.

"The contributing factor to the sudden increase of felonies was the organization of crime, especially in large cities. Because liquor was no longer legally available, the public turned to gangsters who readily took on the bootlegging industry and supplied them with liquor. On account of the industry being so profitable, more gangsters became involved in the money-making business. Crime became so organized because “criminal groups organize around the steady source of income provided by laws against victimless crimes such as consuming alcohol”. As a result of the money involved in the bootlegging industry, there was much rival between gangs. The profit motive caused over four hundred gang related murders a year in Chicago alone."

Werbung:
It should be legalized, but controlled via FDA and legitimate prescriptions. If I had a dime for all the people I know with their little cards who have nothing more wrong with them than a hangnail or the desire to sit on their butts all day, I wouldn't need to work another day myself..

The drug has good uses. But it is a drug. And like all other drugs it should be an FDA matter for oversight. Maybe someday it will be availible like liquor in a special store? But still, the growing conditions must be monitored and have some federal standards for public safety.

Back