Legalize It!!!!!!!

South Park does Medical Marijuana - TONITE!!!

552.gif

Werbung:
"The city of Philadelphia saved an estimated $2 million last year by ceasing criminal prosecutions for minor marijuana offenses, according to comments made last week by District Attorney Seth Williams to the Philadelphia Daily News.

In April 2010, Williams publicly announced a citywide policy change whereby law enforcement officials would issue a summons rather than arrest and criminally prosecute minor marijuana offenders. Philadelphia NORML had actively lobbied for the policy change after finding that the city punished minor marijuana violations more severely than many neighboring counties. A February 2010 Philly NORML report also found significant racial disparities in the city’s marijuana prosecutions – noting that African American males comprised an estimated 83 percent of all persons in Philadelphia arrested for minor marijuana possession offenses.

*​

"Democratic Gov. Dan Malloy signed legislation into law on Thursday, June 30 ‘decriminalizing’ the possession of small, personal use amounts of marijuana by adults. The new law, Senate Bill 1014, took effect on Friday, July 1."

woohoo.gif

I'm not sure what the moral ground is against marijuana.

Pragmatically, my case against it has to do with the long-term effects I've seen on people I've known. People who lost their jobs, their wives, their children, their entire lives, all because they were stuck on weed.

Most of the people I've met, who were heavily hitting the flower power, were often the most useless pathetic people. Some have told me it's great because people high on pot, are funny and humorous. Not from what I've seen. That kind of funny, is no more entertaining than kindergartners exchanging potty jokes, or tripping a drunk guy causing him to fall, or that guy in California who made homeless bums fight over $10 bucks.

It's not funny, it's sick and pathetic. And the wife who longs for a her husband to come out of his drug induced stupor, and lead her family, or the child who can't figure out why daddy never plays with them, neither finds it very amusing either.

This is what I'm against. Having met enough people in loveless marriages, because one or both, was hooked on some substance, I can say I don't want to meet anymore. And if legalizing it will increase those numbers, then I'm against it.

Last edited:
I'm not sure what the moral ground is against marijuana.

Pragmatically, my case against it has to do with the long-term effects I've seen on people I've known. People who lost their jobs, their wives, their children, their entire lives, all because they were stuck on weed.
hearty-laugh[1].gif

I think the federal government should just put buckets of drugs available throughout all communities who want them. 55-gal barrels full of weed, coke, meth, whatever. Put one on every street corner. Give the people all the drugs they want. Damn sight cheaper than fighting the drug wars, that's for sure. It's all some people live for anyway--so if it's free they won't have to whore or steal or swindle to get their next fix.

They tried that in the Netherlands. Didn't work so good there.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Prostitution_in_the_Netherlands

You can also do a search on drug laws. Damn near destroyed Amsterdam.

Werbung:
As a retired DEA agent I hve 2 opinions:
1. All drugs should be legalized & taxed for competent adults. (Prohibition never has & never will work)
2. Do not confuse an argument for legalization as an argument for use.

Legalization has many benefits for society..... Use has few benefits, other than it's recreational value which is not a problem...especially compared to alcohol.
August 27, 2010

LEAP

Back