Legalize It!!!!!!!

I'm not sure what the moral ground is against marijuana.

Pragmatically, my case against it has to do with the long-term effects I've seen on people I've known. People who lost their jobs, their wives, their children, their entire lives, all because they were stuck on weed.

Most of the people I've met, who were heavily hitting the flower power, were often the most useless pathetic people. Some have told me it's great because people high on pot, are funny and humorous. Not from what I've seen. That kind of funny, is no more entertaining than kindergartners exchanging potty jokes, or tripping a drunk guy causing him to fall, or that guy in California who made homeless bums fight over $10 bucks.

It's not funny, it's sick and pathetic. And the wife who longs for a her husband to come out of his drug induced stupor, and lead her family, or the child who can't figure out why daddy never plays with them, neither finds it very amusing either.

This is what I'm against. Having met enough people in loveless marriages, because one or both, was hooked on some substance, I can say I don't want to meet anymore. And if legalizing it will increase those numbers, then I'm against it.

then I got a long list of things you need to want made illegal then....

Werbung:
I'm not sure what the moral ground is against marijuana.

Pragmatically, my case against it has to do with the long-term effects I've seen on people I've known. People who lost their jobs, their wives, their children, their entire lives, all because they were stuck on weed.

Most of the people I've met, who were heavily hitting the flower power, were often the most useless pathetic people. Some have told me it's great because people high on pot, are funny and humorous. Not from what I've seen. That kind of funny, is no more entertaining than kindergartners exchanging potty jokes, or tripping a drunk guy causing him to fall, or that guy in California who made homeless bums fight over $10 bucks.

It's not funny, it's sick and pathetic. And the wife who longs for a her husband to come out of his drug induced stupor, and lead her family, or the child who can't figure out why daddy never plays with them, neither finds it very amusing either.

This is what I'm against. Having met enough people in loveless marriages, because one or both, was hooked on some substance, I can say I don't want to meet anymore. And if legalizing it will increase those numbers, then I'm against it.

I'm not sure what the moral ground is against alcohol.

Pragmatically, my case against it has to do with the long-term effects I've seen on people I've known. People who lost their jobs, their wives, their children, their entire lives, all because they were stuck on alcohol.

Most of the people I've met, who were heavily hitting the bottle, were often the most useless pathetic people. Some have told me it's great because people high on booze, are mellow and humorous. Not from what I've seen. That kind of funny, is no more entertaining than kindergartners exchanging potty jokes, or tripping a drunk guy causing him to fall, or that guy in California who made homeless bums fight over $10 bucks.

This is what I'm against. Having met enough people in loveless marriages, because one or both, was hooked on some substance, I can say I don't want to meet anymore.

Should we outlaw alcohol again? It seems to me that social experiment was tried, and that the result was gangs, violence, illicit use, and general disregard for the law, much like what we're seeing today in the pot market.

And if legalizing it will increase those numbers, then I'm against it.

Is there a correlation between the legalization of marijuana and its consumption? I'm not so sure that has been established. Holland has legalized pot, along with a whole lot of worse substances, yet has a lower rate of addiction than we have in the US.

Of course if the disjointed and incomprehensible posts made by some (unnamed, of course) members of this forum are the result of pot use, then there is a case against its use, and I'll choose not to partake. Trying to use the authority of government to impose my values on someone else, however, is not likely to succeed.

In 2001, roughly 21,000 students in America crashed their cars ... caused by driving under the influence of pot.

Destruction, injury and death, all caused by pot users, and these are just America's students, let alone everyone else!

Destruction, injury and death that would not have happened had they not been drugged on pot.

Too many pot users lose their sensibilities, understandably, and cannot differentiate between safe and unsafe behavior while stoned.

This is the reason we put warning labels on Rx tranquilizers: to warn people in advance NOT to operate heavy machinery, like cars, while drugged.

But, as the records show, that doesn't stop drugged people from doing soberly stupid things.

This is just one of the major reasons that so-called "recreational" drugs need to remain illegal.

Just because alcohol has managed to maintain its historically substantiated legality, doesn't mean we should continue to make similarly wrong stupid decisions. Indeed, eventually science will take the stupor out of alcohol without adversely affecting the taste, so that we can enjoy tasty and medicinal wine with meals without psychological impairment, which is the progressive way to go.

Medical marijuana plant derivatives in FDA legitimate pharmaceutical company manufactured Rx form already exist, and only these need be utilized for pain and nausea as prescribed by an institutionally recognized medical practitioner.

If stronger pharmaceuticals are needed, with better delivery methods, pharmaceutical companies need to persue their manufacture.

Never, never, never, however, should we ever legalize a street-drug for exceptional "medical" use, as that is merely asking the camel to stick his nose under the tent, where the legalized "recreational" pot rest is sure to follow.

Indeed, those who stump hardest for "medical" marijuana legalization are not those who are sufferring pain and nausea, but the various associations of druggies themselves.

Just say no to drug addiction acting out.

Say yes to improved and readily available treatments for addiction.

Say no to street-drug form "medical" pot.

Say yes to improvements in Rx pharmaceuticals to address pain and nausea.

These are obvious reality right things to do.

They become even more obvious when a loved-one is killed by a pot-head behind the wheel.

Get off your social-freedom-at-any price moronic bandwagon, and recognize that freedom and security must be maintained in dynamic balance -- you simply don't have the freedom to do stupid things that obviously naturally lead to putting the security of the lives of others at immediate risk.

Do the right thing, people.

Not just for nausea. My dad would be blind without a derivitive of pot that eases the pressure in his eyes from glaucoma. When he uses his "drops" he gets really red-eyed and "fuzzy". But it also helps with his blood pressure so thank goodness for FDA regulated marijuana. And 20 years after his diagnosis and prognosis of partial or total blindness he can still see.

Actually, most people growers/smokers and opponents to marijuana alike are on the same side: keeping it illegal/illegitimate.

The growers are seeing a flooding of the market driving prices into the basement. People opposed on moralistic grounds just naturally hate it.

Smoking pot should be one of those things kept "abnormal", like gay sex. It will always exist and people should be treated with understanding and firm compassion who engage in it, but for reasons of social-learning we should never uphold aberrant behaviors as "normal"...ever...

Inhaling smoke into one's lungs is NOT NORMAL. You can call it what you like, but normal isn't something that applies to it.

It does have proven medicinal value. Therefore it should be made availible like all other prescription drugs with the FDA having total say in its manufacture and distribution. I've known people who have grown it and applied deadly pesticides to keep it looking nice "for street value" and sold it to unsuspecting ailing patients. I can only wonder how much more quickly they may have died from the toxic chemicals they were inhaling. When huge cash is involved, morality and oversight go in the trash can. There needs to be oversight. The situation is out of control.

Crack me up!:D

Only you Siho could morph smoking pot into gay sex. I'm seeing a pattern here. Anything you are against... that's just like gay sex!:D You have gay sex on the brain. Seem very repressed.

Like smoking pot drinking drinking alcohol isn't "normal"... it hurts your liver and has terrible side effects along with heavy addiction possibilities. So obviously alcohol is like gay sex!:eek:

But back on topic... it really does make sense to legalize or at least decriminalize to no more than confiscation the possession and growing of personal use amounts of pot for adults.

It makes even more sense for the government to regulate it and sell it out of a liquor store type of establishment hence generating both a good revenue source from the tax and it would be a good crop for a tobacco farmer to switch over to.

Reasons:

First: It is not nearly as harmful to the user or society as alcohol which is currently available on just about every other street corner.

Second: Legalizing/decriminalizing it takes the organized crime aspect out of it.

Third: It frees up over burdened police forces to go after real criminals and hard drugs.

Forth: It does have a lot of good mild holistic type medical effects.

Fifth: It would boost the economy by the rapid growth in Cheetos sales!:D

Well to be fair I just posted over at the Prop 8 thread..lol...

But we agree that pot has some good value. I just worry about quality control with mexican nationals and other dark characters being actually the bulk of the people growing it in the US. Who knows what they spray on it? And the crimes related to the growing, transportation and street sales are not good either.

In 2001, roughly 21,000 students in America crashed their cars ... caused by driving under the influence of pot.

Destruction, injury and death, all caused by pot users, and these are just America's students, let alone everyone else!

Destruction, injury and death that would not have happened had they not been drugged on pot.

Over 17,000 teenagers were killed in alcohol related auto accidents between 2000 and 2002.

Auto accidents and teens statistics show that auto accident fatalities are the leading cause of death for young people in America. Teenagers comprise less than seven percent of the total population but are involved in fourteen percent of all auto accidents. Auto accident and teens statistics also show that teenagers are four times more likely to be killed in an auto accident than are people older than twenty five.

Each hour in the United States, the combination of auto accidents and teens driving results in fatality. Cases of auto accidents and teens driving occur on the weekends fifty three percent of the time. Of all fatal teen auto accidents, one-third involves speed related collisions and one-quarter involves the use of alcohol.

Over 17,000 teenagers were killed in alcohol related auto accidents between 2000 and 2002.

Auto accidents and teens statistics show that auto accident fatalities are the leading cause of death for young people in America. Teenagers comprise less than seven percent of the total population but are involved in fourteen percent of all auto accidents. Auto accident and teens statistics also show that teenagers are four times more likely to be killed in an auto accident than are people older than twenty five.

Each hour in the United States, the combination of auto accidents and teens driving results in fatality. Cases of auto accidents and teens driving occur on the weekends fifty three percent of the time. Of all fatal teen auto accidents, one-third involves speed related collisions and one-quarter involves the use of alcohol.
Indeed, it's bad enough that teens illegally obtain alcohol so easily.

Add the teens illegally obtaining pot to those illegally obtaining alcohol and the more frequent recipe for death touches nearly everyone.

It's high time we really crack down on anyone providing teens with alcohol or pot ...

... Along with continuing to make pot illegal ...

... And providing teens with the necessary counseling to get them to find their feelings and avoid addiction.

Indeed, it's bad enough that teens illegally obtain alcohol so easily.

Add the teens illegally obtaining pot to those illegally obtaining alcohol and the more frequent recipe for death touches nearly everyone.
....As-long-as we suspend all belief in known-details.​

....As-long-as we suspend all belief in known-details.​
A link to a pro-pot site run by druggies is about as useful as tits on a boar pig when it comes to finding the truth of the matter. :rolleyes:

If you want to post a relevant accurate link, post one from a credible and trusted valid legitimate authority on the matter, such as Web MD: Marijuana Use And Its Effects ...

... "Contrary to what many pot smokers may tell you, marijuana IS addictive, at least psychologically. Even among occasional users, one in 12 can feel withdrawal symptoms if they can't get high when they want to. Among heavy pot smokers, the rates of dependence are higher.

Many experts also believe that marijuana is physically addictive."

Indeed, considering the damage listed that pot does, one would have to be brain damaged to continue using it!

A link to a pro-pot site run by druggies is about as useful as tits on a boar pig when it comes to finding the truth of the matter. :rolleyes:

If you want to post a relevant accurate link, post one from a credible and trusted valid legitimate authority on the matter, such as Web MD: Marijuana Use And Its Effects ...

... "Contrary to what many pot smokers may tell you, marijuana IS addictive, at least psychologically. Even among occasional users, one in 12 can feel withdrawal symptoms if they can't get high when they want to. Among heavy pot smokers, the rates of dependence are higher.

Indeed, considering the damage listed that pot does, one would have to be brain damaged to continue using it!

Trust me, pot is not physically addictive...anyone who suggests so has not smoked it.

Here are some interesting stats.. a comparison chart showing the number of deaths from selected substances in a typical year.* Not sure how old the figures are but the point about pot is made.

Tobacco- 340,000 to 425,000

Alcohol (excluding crime/accidents)-150,000 +

Legal Drug Overdose (prescription)-14,000 to 27,000

Illegal Drug Overdose-3,800-5,200

Aspirin-180 to 1000+

Marijuana-0

* Based on US Surgeon General and other statistical sources.
http://www.fcda.org/tenthings.html

Trust me, pot is not physically addictive...anyone who suggests so has not smoked it.

Here are some interesting stats.. a comparison chart showing the number of deaths associated with selected substances in a typical year.* Not sure how old the figures are but the point about pot is made.

Aspirin-180 to 1000+

Marijuana-0

I reiterate, A link to a pro-pot site run by druggies is about as useful as tits on a boar pig when it comes to finding the truth of the matter. :rolleyes:

www.fcda.org is a pro-pot site run by druggies.

Just because it sports a trusty name, using the word "family", does not make its spin any less an obvious pro-druggie spin.

Again, post a relevant accurate link to a credible valid trusted legitimate authority, like Web MD, not to an obvious pro-druggie site like www.fcda.org that merely preaches to the addicted choir.

www.fcda.org's presentation simply cannot be trusted to be fact.

And anyone foolishly wielding such a site also cannot be trusted to tell the truth in the matter.

Here are some interesting stats.. a comparison chart showing the number of deaths from selected substances in a typical year.* Not sure how old the figures are but the point about pot is made.

Aspirin-180 to 1000+

Marijuana-0

Marijuana, 0? What have they been smoking?

Pot smoking is not a good thing, neither is alcohol abuse. The drug wars that resulted from trying to outlaw booze were not worth it, and neither are the drug/gang wars that result from trying to outlaw pot.

Trying to separate a fool and his folly is likely to be nonproductive, but it is still folly.

Werbung:

Totally ridiculous.

This is a perfect example of not having a clue about actual experiences and just trying to find some documentation to back up a ludicrous "Reefer Madness" type claim.:D

I've known hundreds of people that were big pot smokers at one time or another. I myself smoked pot daily back 30 years ago or so. When I decided my money was better spent building a business I stopped with no ill effects or cravings whatsoever.

Now it is true that if you have some preexisting nervous condition and you get use to the relaxation effect that pot provides you could miss that... I have a friend that was like that. But in those cases the person needs medication of some sort anyway. It has nothing to do with the pot itself.

And it's not even anywhere close to as dangerous as alcohol.

It all boils down to this: It probably should be allowed but for adults only just like any other mood altering substance.

I personally wouldn't smoke it anymore because smoking in general isn't really good for you. But it has absolutely nothing to do with possible addiction.

Back