Legalize pot?

PLC1

Staff member
It's happened in Colorado, Washington state, and is being discussed elsewhere.

Should we abandon the prohibition of marijuana?

Your thoughts?

Werbung:
Yes. War on drugs was lost years ago.

That being said compamies must be free to make its use unacceptable as it does impare you so safety is at risk. And laws along the lines of dui would apply.

And if organized crime has to compete with walnart gangs will lose and die.

For that reason decriminalize all of it.

Yes. Legalize it. Research has found that driving under the influence of alcohol leads to poorer control of a car than pot. US jails are too full compared to the rest of the world.

The end of prohibition seems so logical, so inevitable, that one must wonder why it's taking so long. We're still throwing people in jail for pot. It makes no sense.

Yes, legalize it. Our country is racing to the bottom of the barrel when it comes to raising a stupid generation anyway. We might as well just hurry up and push ourselves over the cliff as a nation.

This might be a shock to some of my liberal friends..BUT

I have an opinion on the issue of legalizing POT.. Many of you know what 420 is I’m sure,(I did not but I do now) IT’S the pot smoker’s holiday. I don’t celebrate the occasion but I thought I’d offer a few thoughts because I’m an overly opinionated loudmouth.

First, to the people I’m seeing post pictures of themselves smoking weed all over social media.. I believe your actions should be legal. I don’t judge you negatively for this hobby of yours. So if you’re retired, independently wealthy, successfully self employed, or you work for a head shop and plan on making a career of it, proceed as you wish with photos of yourself blowing smoke into the camera. BUT if you’re unemployed, and currently scanning Monster.com for a well-compensated position with the opportunity for advancement, and you’ve just published images of your marijuana habit on the Internet, Well, bro, it might be time for some serious self reflection. Like it or not, fairly or unfairly, most reputable employers probably aren’t going to be super stoked to see pictures of their job applicant smoking a blunt on Facebook. I know, I know, crazy right? Just a tip. Take it or leave it. But I prefer you take the tip than you take another 20 unemployment checks while you ponder the mysteries of how it is that so many companies are choosing to decline your services.

Second, with that awkward business out of the way, let me say this: Can’t we all agree at this point that marijuana prohibition is a completely absurd sham? In my life I’ve literally never heard a good argument in support of it. Never. And this is coming from a guy who, admittedly, and to my everlasting shame, used to MAKE arguments in support of it. But then, in a moment of clarity, I said to myself, “Hmm, self, it appears you agree with the criminalization of marijuana for the simple and intellectually unacceptable reason that you, personally, don’t smoke pot ANYMORE. You can either continue to be like every other moron who confuses emotions with principles, or you can jump off of this particular ship and instead be right”. So I chose to be right, and I would urge you to do the same. We live in a country where half of the population doses itself on prescription narcotics, millions of kids are forcibly put on prescription speed and legalized hallucinogens, tens of thousands die of overdoses from drugs they bought at Walgreens, tens of thousands more die from alcohol poisoning and drunk driving accidents, and yet marijuana,the safest, least addictive, least potent, most natural, and the only non-lethal substance on the list, is the only one we put people in prison for using. It’s insane. It really is. We’re the most drug addicted, chemically dependent society in the history of civilization and yet, somehow, we still have a 1950′s government view of cannabis.

I read where last year, the Feds confiscated over a billion dollars worth of weed from the dirt poor population of eastern Kentucky. And while we stop them from feeding their families by selling a safe, useful plant for profit, pharmaceutical companies raked in another few hundred billion dollars dealing synthesized heroin to soon-to-be addicts across the country. I know why we do this. I get it. The anti-marijuana crusade is an extremely profitable jobs program for the government. But there’s no reason why Jane and Joe Schmoe taxpayer ought to cheer this lunacy on....

I think pot should be made legal, but it shouldn't be encouraged by society. It hurts the learning development of teenagers. In addition, it contains as many cancer causing toxins as tobacco.

It's killing dogs in CO since the stoners pass out aND leave it sitting around for them to eat.
Not ok to kill dogs. Stoners can kill themselves if they want but leave the dogs out of it.

While it was prohibited all kinds of lies circulated about how dangerous it is. They did it to justify spending so much money on "the war on drugs". A lot of people believed the lies because they were told over and over again. So far, I haven't heard a single argument against legalization that is valid

While it was prohibited all kinds of lies circulated about how dangerous it is. They did it to justify spending so much money on "the war on drugs". A lot of people believed the lies because they were told over and over again. So far, I haven't heard a single argument against legalization that is valid
Legalize everything and give it away.
It will kill organized crime, gangs and the like. And soon enough a lot of parasites. If people want to die let them.
But commit a crime stoned and you never see the light of day again.

It will kill organized crime, gangs and the like. And soon enough a lot of parasites. If people want to die let them.
I think it might be Portugal, but they legalized everything and its had very positive results.

I think it might be Portugal, but they legalized everything and its had very positive results.
It has been shown that there us a brief increase in use until the novelty wears off. Then it drops back to the usual junkies.
Gangs are a pestilence that brings vast trouble to us as well as big parts of the world.

It has been shown that there us a brief increase in use until the novelty wears off. Then it drops back to the usual junkies.
Gangs are a pestilence that brings vast trouble to us as well as big parts of the world.
I agree completely. Gangs make a life of hurting people. They're bullies, they prey on anyone who is weaker, and they believe its worth a 3 year old's life because they want to impress their fellow sociopaths with a drive by shooting. They're cowards as well. Otherwise they would get out of the car and face their victims like a man. And the only contribution they could ever possibly make to their country is as cannon fodder.

Why should it be worse to commit a crime stoned than it is to commit the same crime sober?

Werbung:
I agree completely. Gangs make a life of hurting people. They're bullies, they prey on anyone who is weaker, and they believe its worth a 3 year old's life because they want to impress their fellow sociopaths with a drive by shooting. They're cowards as well. Otherwise they would get out of the car and face their victims like a man. And the only contribution they could ever possibly make to their country is as cannon fodder.
Settle down.
It's about making a buck. Nothing more nothing less. But as its a violent business(being in the underworld) bad things happen. Take away the lifeblood (money) and you kill the beast.

Back