1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Discuss politics - join our community by registering for free here! HOP - the political discussion forum

Leon Panetta as head of CIA????

Discussion in 'U.S. Politics' started by XCALIDEM, Jan 5, 2009.

1. XCALIDEM

XCALIDEM Active Member

Is Obama crazy|? What Fuuck is he thinking? Putting the the security of the nation in the hands of a man who does not have the qualifications to run the CENTRAL INTELLIGENCE AGENCY?
    In a time of war we need people with big cojones and won't question his actions.
    Osama Bin Laden is probably lauging his ass off in his cave right now, knowing that he can attack us now at any time.... :mad:

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2009/01/05/leon-panetta-tapped-head-cia-sources-say/

2. Pandora

Pandora Well-Known Member

I have not taken issue with any of his other appointments, except to say that they are all clinton people and he said we needed to turn the page, he said that putting the same people in differnt chairs would not work.

but this appointment is flat out stupid and really its dangerous for all of us. to put an unqualified person in such an important position is just flat dumb

but on a lighter note, obama is going to put money into NASA and into the space program and I figured he would not do that, not sure who he is going to tax to get the money but I like NASA so I am happy we are not going to let China beat us in the space program

3. XCALIDEM

XCALIDEM Active Member

We already sold our top secrets to the chinese...:mad:

4. XCALIDEM

XCALIDEM Active Member

Panetta's accomplishments

I don't know, but it doesn't show anywhere experience in the military, or running a law enforcement office?

5. Mr. Shaman

Mr. Shaman New Member

Yeah.....that's a big-issue....who gathers intelligence-info (which is what the CIA is SUPPOSED-to-do!).

How that info is USED, is where Republicans have issues. :rolleyes:

6. XCALIDEM

XCALIDEM Active Member

you can laugh all you want, but one thing is for sure; we haven't been attacked since 911... Do your liberal views want us to be attacked?

7. SW85

SW85 New Member

Re: Panetta's accomplishments

According to the appropriate wikipedia entry, he was a commissioned officer in the Army for a two year term, ending 1966, for which service he received a medal of commendation.

The CIA is, at the end of the day, a bureaucratic agency so one should not be overly concerned with it being run by a professional bureaucrat. To the extent that his lack of intelligence background is troubling, it's that the CIA is notoriously intolerant of being run by outsiders.

I suspect he is one of those fellows who will quit within a year or otherwise stay on for a long, long time. Barring, of course, any kind of intel failure for which he would be the first one thrown under the bus.

8. pocketfullofshells

pocketfullofshells Well-Known Member

land of 10,000 lakes and 2 senators again
    when was the last attack in the US before 911? thats right it was back in like 1992...yet you act like its a big deal.

9. XCALIDEM

XCALIDEM Active Member

1966 IS NOT 2001 and/or the 21st century. We're facing so many enemies, even within our country.

Have you thought about finding new sleeping cells in our country?

10. XCALIDEM

XCALIDEM Active Member

What's the big deal? Dude, where have you been? We're constantly fighting against freaking alqeada terrorists. I'm sure there's a lot of shiit that goes on under cover that we don't know about.

Because of Patriot Act we haven't had the spread of muslim militants as they do in England.

If the attack prior to 2001 was in 1992, then think about how long does it take for the sleeping cells to plan the next attack?

Would you like to be aboard the next plane that blows up in the air, or perhaps one of your family members in it?

We will soon have an incompetent president, we don't need someone else who lacks experience in counter terrorism.

11. Bunz

Bunz New Member

Ohhh the same could be said for the Bush Administration. Or even what would have been a McCain/Palin administration.
    You do realize that this mostly falls to the FBI right?

12. Bunz

Bunz New Member

Excellent post SW85, I think it is worthy to note, that the failure of the CIA when it came to Iraq was the lack of a skilled person to disagree with an administration who only wanted to see evidence of something they already thought true, and to disregard everything else. While I am cautious about the pick, I wish him nothing but the best. We need a CIA leader with a SPINE who is able to secure the funds necessary for the task and the freedom to tell the truth about the situation at hand.

13. Mr. Shaman

Mr. Shaman New Member

14. Mr. Shaman

Mr. Shaman New Member

Yeah....who needs that-kind of Prosperity....again?

:rolleyes:

15. Mr. Shaman

Mr. Shaman New Member

.....Definitely a treasonous-offense!!!!!