Leon Panetta as head of CIA????

Werbung:
What's the big deal? Dude, where have you been? We're constantly fighting against freaking alqeada terrorists. I'm sure there's a lot of shiit that goes on under cover that we don't know about.
....But, you do know about it, huh?

:rolleyes:

If I had a deep distrust and dislike for the CIA, and wanted to see it crippled and rendered ineffective, I would put someone like leon in charge. The CIA and such agencies have always been at odds with the people obama has associated himself with over the years.

Keep on WHINING, "conservatives"!!

:p

"As a top official at the White House in 1996, Richard A. Clarke was looking for an ally after concluding that the CIA and FBI needed an additional $1 billion for counterterrorism programs. Officials at the Office of Management of Budget were dismissive of the request, so Clarke sought an audience with Chief of Staff Leon E. Panetta.

Clarke said he made his case to Panetta, who queried him closely about the need for the funds and whether the agencies were prepared to spend them. As Clarke recalled yesterday, Panetta then gave the go-ahead for the initiative, disappointing a large retinue of hostile budget officials who had gathered in the chief's spacious West Wing office expecting the onetime budget director to skewer Clarke.

"He was in the small handful of people who knew there was a terrorism problem long before anybody else had heard of al-Qaeda," Clarke said of Panetta."

If I had a deep distrust and dislike for the CIA, and wanted to see it crippled and rendered ineffective, I would put someone like leon in charge. The CIA and such agencies have always been at odds with the people obama has associated himself with over the years.

Ahh I had not thought of it that way. I just figured he was an idiot, but perhaps he is much brighter than I thought....

I think you are right!

I am not a Democrat and not easily impressed by people from the former Clinton Administration. However, I remember hearing Leon Panetta speak numerous times both formally and on news programs. He always impressed me as an open minding and very analytical person. He also seemed to command the respect from the people who worked for him.

I do believe the best person to head any government agency should be a good manager and leader, first and foremost. It is not his job to understand the intricacies of the CIA - his job to control and organize the managers who are professional spooks and answer to him.

I was surprised, but pleased to see his name back in the national arena again. He's a good man.

Yeah.....that's a big-issue....who gathers intelligence-info (which is what the CIA is SUPPOSED-to-do!).

How that info is USED, is where Republicans have issues. :rolleyes:

Yeah another blog with an opinion article used as factual evidence by Shaman... shocking.

Anyway, the CIA is supposed to gather intelligence. But under Clinton, we had no clue that a fairly large attack was going to happen right after he left office. That's not to mention the dozens of terrorist attacks the CIA didn't help stop prior to 9/11. Not to mention the huge surprise when India tested a nuclear bomb. Or the fact that Iran was gaining nuclear weapons all while Clinton "talked" to Iran about not doing so, and them innocently saying they wouldn't.

No matter how you cut it, the CIA under democrat leadership has been horrible.

As for how the info is used, give me a better source. The discredited "crooksandliars" site is a joke.

Re: Panetta's accomplishments

Ohhh the same could be said for the Bush Administration. Or even what would have been a McCain/Palin administration.

You do realize that this mostly falls to the FBI right?

Maybe so.... However, ever since the Home Land Security Act was created all branches of Goverment are supposed to work together.

Besides, We not only face issues with Al-quiada now, We're facing issues with Russia and Hugo Chavez. Putin wants re-vitalize the old Kremlim and the old soviet Union.
Chavez is trying to have control on our crude oil and Putin is doing similar things in Europe: http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/wor...s-Vladimir-Putin-cuts-Russian-gas-supply.html

Do you think Panetta is the right guy to run this division? :confused:

I think Norman Schwarzkpf would be a better choice :)

Yeah.....whatta freakin' tragedy..... :rolleyes:

Gimme a VET's opinion....over FAUX Noise....ANY day!!

:p

These are quotes from your link Shaman:

Leon Panetta may not have an intelligence background, but his appointment as CIA director shows that Barack Obama understands the CIA's problems :confused:

Leading Democrats on the Senate Intelligence Committee Jay Rockefeller and Dianne Feinstein have already criticized the choice of Panetta, claiming the CIA needs to be led by an experienced intelligence professional

Werbung:
I am not a Democrat and not easily impressed by people from the former Clinton Administration. However, I remember hearing Leon Panetta speak numerous times both formally and on news programs. He always impressed me as an open minding and very analytical person. He also seemed to command the respect from the people who worked for him.

I do believe the best person to head any government agency should be a good manager and leader, first and foremost. It is not his job to understand the intricacies of the CIA - his job to control and organize the managers who are professional spooks and answer to him.

I was surprised, but pleased to see his name back in the national arena again. He's a good man.

I'm sure Mr. Panetta is a great person and perhaps is a great manager. I just don't think that he has the qualifications for this position...

Back