Let's get clear about ...

Werbung:
"And"? :rolleyes:

AND enough of these pointless micro-anecdotes about veteran Joe Schmoe who doesn't like McCain - capice? ;)

What's the matter, they hitting you where it hurts? Because considering McCain is a former POW and makes that experience the hallmark of his campaign, it has to be somewhat of a disappointment that he can garner only 56% of the vet vote.

What's the matter, they hitting you where it hurts? Because considering McCain is a former POW and makes that experience the hallmark of his campaign, it has to be somewhat of a disappointment that he can garner only 56% of the vet vote.

Let's get CLEAR - the >>>MAJORITY<<< of vets support McCain. With all the appeaser rant about an "illegal war" etc, the majority of the people who know war best know they are wrong, wrong wronnnnnnnnnnnng. ;)

Let's get CLEAR - the >>>MAJORITY<<< of vets support McCain. With all the appeaser rant about an "illegal war" etc, the majority of the people who know war best know they are wrong, wrong wronnnnnnnnnnnng. ;)

Until the songbird truth comes out at least.

How about I make a point that will easily clear up all the misconceptions.

I am a Vet. I do not support McCain as so many of my fellow vets.
I will never support a man who can flip-flop on issues and think that just because
he was a P.O.W immeditally makes him presidential Canadate.
Not a single Policy as he ever stood his ground on without bending to the will of voters.

Please people... Why carry-on this traditional "business as ususal" style arguement for canadiates who are no stronger on issues then a wet noodle.

P.S. So he favors the war in Iraq ... thats like saying Lets continue supporting Santa Clause just because we have all these years even thou we know him to be false.

Lib honestly.. keep smashing Lib's.. but don't support this joke of a man who can't even decide if hes for abortion or against it.

Until the songbird truth comes out at least.

Speaking of which, lets take a closer look at the old "Songbird"

McCain called for an officer on his fourth day of captivity. He told the officer, "O.K., I'll give you military information if you will take me to the hospital." -U.S. News and World Report, May 14, 1973 article written by former POW John McCain

"Demands for military information were accompanied by threats to terminate my medical treatment if I [McCain] did not cooperate. Eventually, I gave them my ship's name and squadron number, and confirmed that my target had been the power plant." Page 193-194, Faith of My Fathers by John McCain.

Nov. 9, 1967 (U.S. government documents) Hanoi press began quoting him giving specific military information.

June 1969 - "Reds Say PW Songbird Is Pilot Son of Admiral. . . Hanoi has aired a broadcast in which the pilot son of United States Commander in the Pacific, Adm. John McCain, purportedly admits to having bombed civilian targets in North Vietnam and praises medical treatment he has received since being taken prisoner." New York Daily News, June 5, 1969

There doesn't seem to be much doubt that he collaborated with the communists. He got special treatment both because he was the son of an Admiral and because he had a big mouth. It's something I don't hold against him but apparently many Vietnam vets do.

http://www.eaglesnest-2.net/eagles/?q=node/5

http://www.usvetdsp.com/mcianhro.htm

How about I make a point that will easily clear up all the misconceptions.

I am a Vet. I do not support McCain as so many of my fellow vets.
I will never support a man who can flip-flop on issues and think that just because
he was a P.O.W immeditally makes him presidential Canadate.
Not a single Policy as he ever stood his ground on without bending to the will of voters.

Please people... Why carry-on this traditional "business as ususal" style arguement for canadiates who are no stronger on issues then a wet noodle.

P.S. So he favors the war in Iraq ... thats like saying Lets continue supporting Santa Clause just because we have all these years even thou we know him to be false.

Lib honestly.. keep smashing Lib's.. but don't support this joke of a man who can't even decide if hes for abortion or against it.

First off... Thanks for your service.

Secondly your points are spot on. John McCain is sadly mistaken if he really thinks that he can Flip Flop on every single issue... even legislation with his own name one it... and just because he's a Veteran he'd be a decent President.

You and I both know that's crazy talk. My wife is ex-Army Military Intelligence (Russian Linguist) and thinks the guy is completely off his rocker.

My Dad who served in country in Korea who has voted for far more Republican Presidents than Democratic ones over his years says things like... Could he be anymore like Bush... and... The guy's loosing his marbles. We'd stay in a war forever if that joker ever got put in charge.

Guard veterans back Obama over McCain
By STEVEN WALTERS
swalters@journalsentinel.com
Posted: July 21, 2008

Madison - A member of Wisconsin's National Guard and a state senator said Monday that Democratic presidential candidate Barack Obama would be better for the nation's active-duty soldiers and veterans than Republican opponent John McCain.

McCain was a war hero, but that was “many years ago,” said David Boetcher, whose 27 years in the Guard include being called to active duty during the Persian Gulf War. He said he was now a chief warrant officer in the Guard.

Boetcher said it was “patently false and dishonest” for the Arizona senator to allege that Obama, an Illinois senator, does not support the nation’s troops. He noted that McCain had voted against a bill that would have modernized the nation’s veterans hospitals.

Sen. Mark Miller (D-Monona), who served 30 years in the Wisconsin Air National Guard before retiring in 1995, said Obama wanted to get American soldiers out of Iraq “safely and responsibly” and focus instead on fighting terrorism in Afghanistan. McCain “just has a plan to keep our troops in Iraq,” Miller said.

There doesn't seem to be much doubt that he collaborated with the communists.

Are you saying that you support collecting information through the torturing of POW's?

You can hate McCain all you like but the man went through hell and lived to tell about it... and people like you call it "collaboration" when the person being tortured just can't take any more abuse.

Are you saying that you support collecting information through the torturing of POW's?

You can hate McCain all you like but the man went through hell and lived to tell about it... and people like you call it "collaboration" when the person being tortured just can't take any more abuse.

Just FYI ... Don't get me wrong.. I have ALOT of respect for McCain for what he's done for the country..

Just no go for me and him being President is all :D

Just FYI ... Don't get me wrong.. I have ALOT of respect for McCain for what he's done for the country..

Just no go for me and him being President is all :D

I don't want McCain to be president either.... I just abhor the thought of turning the country over to Obama. I'm not planning on voting FOR McCain but AGAINST Obama. Both have horrible policies and McCains are not BETTER, they are just less damaging than what his competition is proposing.

I know that's a shame... a shame that John McCain knowing how wrong it is is now a full Bush believer that torture isn't really torture as long as we're the ones doing it!

John McCain is not only the universes biggest Flip Flopper but I seriously don't think he's really screwed together all that tight. I mean you have to be missing a couple nuts & bolts to have been through torture and then approve of torture. Seriously!

Werbung:
So are you planning on voting for Obama then, or are you going to "sit this one out"?

I'm not gonna lie... I have no clue even at this point. I can see giant faults in each canadiate but I almost lean more with GenSenca's view points on it because the lesser of two evils seems to be the incompetent one.

I just don't understand why I am being forced two vote on ethier
Idiot A or Idiot B....
Not voting in some sence seems almost wrong now that I have come to learn so much about the process within the last couple of years.

Honestly for now I am the typical American voter.. Stuck on the fence because nethier is saying what I want to hear. :confused:

Back