Lib/media: Obama vs Palin

The only thing that will make me cry is if the McCain/Barbie ticket actually wins the election, but I doubt that happens!

And what happened your "bawling" prediction? :) I guess may LIBS are bawling after she punked your boy Obama last night! :D

Werbung:
So you are saying that when help is really needed and there is no other way to get help the government doesn't need to provide help? I'm not saying just rely totally on the government but when you truly need help and see no way out, why can't we called upon government for help?

So you are saying that when help is really needed and there is no other way to get help the government doesn't need to provide help? I'm not saying just rely totally on the government but when you truly need help and see no way out, why can't we called upon government for help?

Yes, I think the government does not need to be providing help. I think it is the government's responsibility to ensure that people have a shot a good life, not to ensure the good life.

I am not trying to downplay your personal situation, but the issue becomes everyone decides that their situation is rock bottom and starts to think that the government then needs to intervene to save them. Then the government has to intervene for everyone in every situation because of the snowball effect.

I have no problem helping people, I just do not think it should be the government that does it.

The US government has to follow the constitution which clearly limits when they can and cannot do.

Charity is not permitted. Any times funds are taken from one segment and given to a different segment it is not permitted. Funds are only allowed to be used for the benefit of all people equally. That sounds right doesn't it?

So money cannot be taken from blacks and given to whites, or from young and given to old, or from healthy and given to unhealthy, or from men and given to women, etc.

It can be taken from everybody and given to everybody. That's it.

What I find amusing is the idea that Palin cannot manage office because she has young children at home...

I'm disqualifying Sara in my mind for completely other reasons. I feel she's totally unqualified and absolutely not the right person to maybe have to back up John McCain. I think it was all a weak cynical pander to Hillary voters who are certainly not that stupid to vote against their own best interests.

That said it's the HARD RIGHT like Dr. Laura that's taking the hardest shots at Sara not the Liberals or the media. Look for yourself. This is brutal!

Wednesday, September 03, 2008
Dr. Laura Slams Palin As VP Pick

I am stunned that for once I agree with Dr. Laura. On her blog she wrote a scathing analysis of the McCain Vice Presidential pick, Alaska Governor Sarah Palin. Laura Schlessinger, known for her right wing views and occasional intolerant rants on gays and lesbians, feels McCain's pick is wrong on many levels.

From her blog:

"I’m stunned - couldn’t the Republican Party find one competent female with adult children to run for Vice President with McCain? I realize his advisors probably didn’t want a “mature” woman, as the Democrats keep harping on his age. But really, what kind of role model is a woman whose fifth child was recently born with a serious issue, Down Syndrome, and then goes back to the job of Governor within days of the birth?"

I am haunted by the family pictures of the Palins during political photo-ops, showing the eldest daughter, now pregnant with her own child, cuddling the familys newborn. When Mom and Dad both work full-time (no matter how many folks get involved with the children), it becomes a somewhat chaotic situation. Certainly, if a child becomes ill and is rushed to the hospital, and youre on the hotline with both Israel and Iran as nuclear tempers are flaring, wheres your attention going to be? Where should your attention be? Well, once you put your hand on the Bible and make that oath, your attention has to be with the government of the United States of America.

I'm disqualifying Sara in my mind for completely other reasons. I feel she's totally unqualified and absolutely not the right person to maybe have to back up John McCain. I think it was all a weak cynical pander to Hillary voters who are certainly not that stupid to vote against their own best interests.

That said it's the HARD RIGHT like Dr. Laura that's taking the hardest shots at Sara not the Liberals or the media. Look for yourself. This is brutal!

To use your logic hear, who cares, because she is the hard right and will never vote against her interests. Her listeners are mostly the hard right and will never vote against their interests, so why do these comments matter?

Wednesday, September 03, 2008
Dr. Laura Slams Palin As VP Pick

I am stunned that for once I agree with Dr. Laura. On her blog she wrote a scathing analysis of the McCain Vice Presidential pick, Alaska Governor Sarah Palin. Laura Schlessinger, known for her right wing views and occasional intolerant rants on gays and lesbians, feels McCain's pick is wrong on many levels.

From her blog:

"I’m stunned - couldn’t the Republican Party find one competent female with adult children to run for Vice President with McCain? I realize his advisors probably didn’t want a “mature” woman, as the Democrats keep harping on his age. But really, what kind of role model is a woman whose fifth child was recently born with a serious issue, Down Syndrome, and then goes back to the job of Governor within days of the birth?"

I am haunted by the family pictures of the Palins during political photo-ops, showing the eldest daughter, now pregnant with her own child, cuddling the familys newborn. When Mom and Dad both work full-time (no matter how many folks get involved with the children), it becomes a somewhat chaotic situation. Certainly, if a child becomes ill and is rushed to the hospital, and youre on the hotline with both Israel and Iran as nuclear tempers are flaring, wheres your attention going to be? Where should your attention be? Well, once you put your hand on the Bible and make that oath, your attention has to be with the government of the United States of America.

I can replace Palin with Obama in this tirade and we are left with the same question. What is the point? If Obama's kid becomes ill and is rushed to the hospital and he is on the hotline with Iran and Israel as nuclear tensions flare.... see the fallacy of this argument?

You have to admit though that even though those two covers do take a different view of the candidates what is being said is true. Don't get me wrong I'm not saying US Weekly is trying in anyway to highlight anything good about Sara Palin... and I'm sure there are some good things.

But the actual Palin content (the stories themselves) are true.

It's not like the New Yorker Magazine that had Michelle in some big poof radical afro with gun belts strapped on and an AK47, Senator Obama in head to toe Islamic garb burning an American flag in the fireplace.

The media picks on everybody. In many ways they've been a lot harder on the Obama camp and hands off on a lot of McCain related stuff. Even with all his ties to Bush it's hard for them to go after an ex-POW.

The majority of the "voting" American people are smart enough to figure out the politics of it all and pick out the real stories.

No I dont have to admit it if the dang publisher doesnt have to admit it.

He was interviewed and when asked what lies did she tell, he stumbled a bit then said, well the lies spread about her, and her baby not being hers.

he posted the cover so passers by will think she is the liar, but admits deep in his story that the lies spoken of are about her not by her.

it was a crappy trick but we are used to it.

the guy is in the tank for obama, and that is his right but he shouldnt try to demonize Sara Palin just because he wants a moron for president

No I dont have to admit it if the dang publisher doesnt have to admit it.

He was interviewed and when asked what lies did she tell, he stumbled a bit then said, well the lies spread about her, and her baby not being hers.

he posted the cover so passers by will think she is the liar, but admits deep in his story that the lies spoken of are about her not by her.

it was a crappy trick but we are used to it.

the guy is in the tank for obama, and that is his right but he shouldnt try to demonize Sara Palin just because he wants a moron for president

a fluff supermarket checkout line magazine makes an editorial decision to entice people to read it?

I'M SHOCKED.

honestly, didn't you used to make a little bit of sense? if you've got to play the liberal media card, at least save it for something relevant.

a fluff supermarket checkout line magazine makes an editorial decision to entice people to read it?

I'M SHOCKED.

honestly, didn't you used to make a little bit of sense? if you've got to play the liberal media card, at least save it for something relevant.

here's the problem - Bots learn how to vote from such rags. Remember where they got their global warming theory? A friggin MOVIE. :D

here's the problem - Bots learn how to vote from such rags. Remember where they got their global warming theory? A friggin MOVIE. :D

nope, no scientific consensus behind that one, nope, not at all, it was all the movie.

i bet supermarket tabloid trash mag readers lean republican.

nope, no scientific consensus behind that one, nope, not at all, it was all the movie.

Gosh, an Obamabot who admits AGW is just a "consensus"! That's refreshing! :)

i bet supermarket tabloid trash mag readers lean republican.

Riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight, in Newport Beach they can't wait for the next issue. :rolleyes:

Werbung:
Gosh, an Obamabot who admits AGW is just a "consensus"! That's refreshing! :)

Riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight, in Newport Beach they can't wait for the next issue. :rolleyes:

yeah, a consensus- just like evolution, heliocentrism, gravity, the laws of thermodynamics. the data as we currently understand it indicates that these things are for real.

i don't know how newport beach votes, but i do know that all the white trash meth-moms here in florida eat up that tabloid junk, and they for sure vote republican.

Back