Lib media softpeddles Ayers

Lib Media eh ??

How come we never see THIS association

"...WASHINGTON—John McCain's campaign is criticizing Barack Obama for his ties to a former radical who engaged in violent acts four decades ago, but McCain himself was closely connected to a private group that supplied aid to rebels trying to overthrow the leftist government of Nicaragua during the Iran-Contra affair.

The U.S. Council for World Freedom was part of an international organization linked to former Nazi collaborators and ultra-right-wing death squads in Central America. The group was dedicated to stamping out communism around the globe.

The council's founder, retired Army Maj. Gen. John Singlaub, said McCain became associated with the organization in the early 1980s as McCain was launching his political career in Arizona. Singlaub said McCain was a supporter but not an active member in the group.

"McCain was a new guy on the block learning the ropes," Singlaub told The Associated Press in an interview. "I think I met him in the Washington area when he was just a new congressman. We had McCain on the board to make him feel like he wasn't left out. It looks good to have names on a letterhead who are well-known and appreciated.

"I don't recall talking to McCain at all on the work of the group," Singlaub said.

The renewed attention over McCain's association with Singlaub's group comes as McCain's Republican presidential campaign steps up criticism over Obama's dealings with William Ayers, a college professor who co-founded the Weather

Underground and years later worked on education reform in Chicago alongside Obama. Ayers held a meet-the-candidate event at his home when Obama first ran for public office in the mid-1990s.

Obama was roughly 8 years old when Ayers, now at the University of Illinois at Chicago, was working with the Weather Underground, which took responsibility for bombings that included nonfatal blasts at the Pentagon and U.S. Capitol. McCain's vice presidential nominee, Sarah Palin, has said that Obama "pals around with terrorists."

In McCain's case, Singlaub knew McCain's father, a Navy admiral who had sought Singlaub's counsel when McCain became a prisoner of war and spent 5 1/2 years in North Vietnamese hands.

"John's father asked me for advice about what he ought to do now that his son had been shot down and captured," Singlaub recalled in one of two recent interviews. "I said, 'As long as you don't give any impression that you care more about him than you care about any of the other prisoners, he won't be treated any differently.'"

In the Iran-Contra affair, the Reagan White House arranged covert arms shipments to the Contra rebels financed in part by secret arms sales to Iran.

Iran-Contra proved to be the undoing of Singlaub's council.

In 1987, the Internal Revenue Service withdrew the tax-exempt status of Singlaub's group because of its activities on behalf of the Contras.

Elected to the House in 1982 and at a time when he was on the board of Singlaub's council, McCain was among Republicans on Capitol Hill expressing support for the Contras, a CIA-organized guerrilla force in Central America. In 1984, Congress cut off CIA funds for the Contras.

Months before the cutoff, top Reagan administration officials ramped up the secret White House-directed supply network and put National Security Council aide Oliver North in charge of running it. The goal was to keep the Contras operational until Congress could be persuaded to resume CIA funding.

Singlaub's private group became the public cover for the White House operation.

Secretly, Singlaub worked with North in an effort to raise millions of dollars from foreign governments.

McCain has said previously he resigned from the council in 1984 and asked in 1986 to have his name removed from the group's letterhead.

"I didn't know whether (the group's activity) was legal or illegal, but I didn't think I wanted to be associated with them," McCain said in a newspaper interview in 1986.

Singlaub does not recall any McCain resignation in 1984 or May 1986, nor does Joyce Downey, who oversaw the group's day-to-day activities.

"That's a surprise to me," Singlaub said. "This is the first time I've ever heard that. There may have been someone in his office communicating with our office."

"I don't ever remember hearing about his resigning, but I really wasn't worried about that part of our activities, a housekeeping thing," Singlaub said. "If he didn't want to be on the board that's OK. It wasn't as if he had been active participant and we were going to miss his help. He had no active interest. He certainly supported us." ...

http://yorkdispatch.inyork.com/yd/sections/politics/ci_10655363

Eek...Iran-Contra..the ILLEGAL operation that resulted in the US government being convicted by the World Court of TERRORISM

Comrade Stalin of Gori

Werbung:
Lib Media eh ??

"...WASHINGTON—John McCain's campaign is criticizing Barack Obama for his ties to a former radical who engaged in violent acts four decades ago, but McCain himself was closely connected to a private group that supplied aid to rebels trying to overthrow the leftist government of Nicaragua during the Iran-Contra affair.

.......blah blah blah .........

The sandinistas were a communist dictatorship which ruled Nicaragua by force and intimidation. The commendable efforts of the US to overthrow them resulted in the current democratic government of Nicaragua. Everyone will applaud that, except our resident leftwing wackos who never saw a commie they didn't like. :D

This is really silly. Obamas only exucse has been I was a child when he planted the bombs. we all know that and its not the point.

in 2001 WHILE THEY WERE FRIENDS Ayers was interviewed and said he did not regret this, and wish he had done more.

Ayers views were known to obama while adults, while friends.

If I knew a guy who 20 years ago raped and killed some kid but he did not rape or kill kids now and I defended him as a good person even though he still does interviews saying he did not regret raping or killing the kid and he wish he had raped and killed more kids. that would make me a sick person. and it would not justify our current relationship even though he was not currently raping and killing kids.
....But, it's different (regarding McBush), right? :rolleyes:

Lib Media eh ??

The U.S. Council for World Freedom was part of an international organization linked to former Nazi collaborators and ultra-right-wing death squads in Central America. The group was dedicated to stamping out communism around the globe.

The council's founder, retired Army Maj. Gen. John Singlaub, said McCain became associated with the organization in the early 1980s as McCain was launching his political career in Arizona. Singlaub said McCain was a supporter but not an active member in the group.

"McCain was a new guy on the block learning the ropes," Singlaub told The Associated Press in an interview. "I think I met him in the Washington area when he was just a new congressman. We had McCain on the board to make him feel like he wasn't left out. It looks good to have names on a letterhead who are well-known and appreciated.

"I don't recall talking to McCain at all on the work of the group," Singlaub said.

The renewed attention over McCain's association with Singlaub's group comes as McCain's Republican presidential campaign steps up criticism over Obama's dealings with William Ayers, a college professor who co-founded the Weather

Underground and years later worked on education reform in Chicago alongside Obama. Ayers held a meet-the-candidate event at his home when Obama first ran for public office in the mid-1990s.

Obama was roughly 8 years old when Ayers, now at the University of Illinois at Chicago, was working with the Weather Underground, which took responsibility for bombings that included nonfatal blasts at the Pentagon and U.S. Capitol. McCain's vice presidential nominee, Sarah Palin, has said that Obama "pals around with terrorists."

In McCain's case, Singlaub knew McCain's father, a Navy admiral who had sought Singlaub's counsel when McCain became a prisoner of war and spent 5 1/2 years in North Vietnamese hands.

"John's father asked me for advice about what he ought to do now that his son had been shot down and captured," Singlaub recalled in one of two recent interviews. "I said, 'As long as you don't give any impression that you care more about him than you care about any of the other prisoners, he won't be treated any differently.'"

In the Iran-Contra affair, the Reagan White House arranged covert arms shipments to the Contra rebels financed in part by secret arms sales to Iran.

Iran-Contra proved to be the undoing of Singlaub's council.

In 1987, the Internal Revenue Service withdrew the tax-exempt status of Singlaub's group because of its activities on behalf of the Contras.

Elected to the House in 1982 and at a time when he was on the board of Singlaub's council, McCain was among Republicans on Capitol Hill expressing support for the Contras, a CIA-organized guerrilla force in Central America. In 1984, Congress cut off CIA funds for the Contras.

Months before the cutoff, top Reagan administration officials ramped up the secret White House-directed supply network and put National Security Council aide Oliver North in charge of running it. The goal was to keep the Contras operational until Congress could be persuaded to resume CIA funding.

Singlaub's private group became the public cover for the White House operation.

Secretly, Singlaub worked with North in an effort to raise millions of dollars from foreign governments.

McCain has said previously he resigned from the council in 1984 and asked in 1986 to have his name removed from the group's letterhead.

"I didn't know whether (the group's activity) was legal or illegal, but I didn't think I wanted to be associated with them," McCain said in a newspaper interview in 1986.

Singlaub does not recall any McCain resignation in 1984 or May 1986, nor does Joyce Downey, who oversaw the group's day-to-day activities.

"That's a surprise to me," Singlaub said. "This is the first time I've ever heard that. There may have been someone in his office communicating with our office."

"I don't ever remember hearing about his resigning, but I really wasn't worried about that part of our activities, a housekeeping thing," Singlaub said. "If he didn't want to be on the board that's OK. It wasn't as if he had been active participant and we were going to miss his help. He had no active interest. He certainly supported us." ...

http://yorkdispatch.inyork.com/yd/sections/politics/ci_10655363

Eek...Iran-Contra..the ILLEGAL operation that resulted in the US government being convicted by the World Court of TERRORISM

Comrade Stalin of Gori

Probably because the stance of the entire government at the time was anyone who is anti-communist is an ally. Regardless of how shady. If this is your best connection, it is sad.

Further, the United States does not even recognize the World Court, so big deal.

What you may not realize is that Obama could do great harm even if he held power only four years. Eg, Justice Scalia, the conservative intellectual giant on the USSC is 72. Most of the really old USSC members are libs, but if Obama had a chance to replace Scalia with a younger leftwinger, it would be a disaster that would have catastrophic consequences for possibly decades.

I know he can do probably more damage than all the other bad presidents combined. But at least I could say I told you so.

Dems don’t realize we dodged a bullet by not electing John Freaking Kerry (who served in Vietnam) my sister still thinks he would have been a good president. If and when Obama goes down they will not realize we dodged another bullet and I won’t be able to say I told you so!

I know he can do probably more damage than all the other bad presidents combined. But at least I could say I told you so.

Dems don’t realize we dodged a bullet by not electing John Freaking Kerry (who served in Vietnam) my sister still thinks he would have been a good president. If and when Obama goes down they will not realize we dodged another bullet and I won’t be able to say I told you so!

Geez - I never thought I'd say this about Kerry, but by comparison Obama makes Kerry look great!

The sandinistas were a communist dictatorship which ruled Nicaragua by force and intimidation. The commendable efforts of the US to overthrow them resulted in the current democratic government of Nicaragua. Everyone will applaud that, except our resident leftwing wackos who never saw a commie they didn't like. :D

Hilarious !!!

If you bothered to keep up with current events, you would know that Daniel Ortega has been re-elected president.

I am sure that there are many institutions that can offer courses in modern history to help overcome your disability.

If you want to argue with Marxists, you better have an iron grip on the facts.

Comrade Stalin - The Genius of World War II

Probably because the stance of the entire government at the time was anyone who is anti-communist is an ally. Regardless of how shady. If this is your best connection, it is sad.

Further, the United States does not even recognize the World Court, so big deal.

By your logic, OBL was justified in bombing the WTC.

Geez - I never thought I'd say this about Kerry, but by comparison Obama makes Kerry look great!

Oh I dont know. I think of them as the same. They both have a put America last attitude. I supose John Freaking Kerry (who served in Vietnam) was not as much of a racist as Obama is.

Other than that, they sure seem like twins to me.

By your logic, OBL was justified in bombing the WTC.

Bin Laden was justified because it was US government policy to contain communism?

Seems like a stretch to me.

I also have no doubt that Bin Laden does think he was entirely justified as well.

Big Rob,
Does that mean Charles Manson was justified, ,because hr thought he was too?

This whole thread was about associations.

Stalin said McCain has this association, which was more a government wide association, and does not relate to the associations that Obama has had.

No, OBL and Manson are not justified in my opinion (I am sure they both though they were however).

That said, the debate is not about that.

Stalin is trying to use US government policy to associate McCain with Nazi's in response to Obama willingly being associated with Ayers. It doesn't fly in my opinion.

How alarmed are you about a candidate that actually had a terrorist out raising campaign contributions for him?

The cornerstone of John McCain's campaign, and the one hope he has to lure voters during the election is his self-claimed strong position on terrorism. He frequently attempts to bind that with, what he hopes voters will consider, is his good judgment. Both took a serious beating a couple of months ago.

John McCain was forced to remove a man from his finance committee that was labeled as a supporter of Hezbollah, and "a key agent of the terrorist group in the Detroit area". Those allegations did not come from the Democrats. They came from Debbie Schlussel, a Republican and conservative writer. It's hardly an asset to have a terrorist helping you raise funds. It certainly doesn't give the appearance of good judgment to employ a member of Hezbollah, an organization the US State Department labels as a "terrorist organization", as a key fund raiser.

So you want to be president of the United States and you want people to think you're strong on fighting terrorism and exercise good judgment, then it's discovered you've actually hired a terrorist to go out help raise money for you. That ought to drag in the votes. It would also be interesting to know where this alleged terrorist went to get the money he brought into John McCain's campaign. Did any of McCain's new campaign funds actually come from other terrorists? It’s unknown if John McCain used that money or disposed of it.

Here's the link to additional details posted on the ABC News website....

http://blogs.abcnews.com/politicalpu...cain-hezb.html

Werbung:
What a thought - the only people ever to bomb the pentagon......
....And, what was the body-count? :rolleyes:

When the Government is forcing people to fight in a War (that no one wants), things happen.

There's no reason to worry about such things, presently. Corporate-Amerika has suckered volunteers into doing their dirty-work, for them....and, all good Patriots are investing in car-magnets. :rolleyes:

Back