Liberals think unions are great... until they are affected?

Andy

Red Star Tribune
The Minneapolis Star Tribune is often called the "Red Star" Tribune by residents of Minneapolis for its long-time, virulently left-wing outlook. Many has been the time when the editorial board of the Star Trib has carried water for political candidates shilling for big labor.

Editorial: Barack Obama for president
The STrib endorsed Obama for president for his supposed fiscal responsibility as well as his focus on the working classes. It is well known that big labor was solidly behind Obama and have been getting payoffs every week since the January inaugural.

But that was then. Now-a-days the STrib is not so keen on unions. In fact, it is so put off by unions that it is going to court to have its contract with its printers union annulled and asks for new terms to be imposed by the courts to save the paper from going bankrupt. Apparently, unions are fine for politicians as far as the STrib is concerned, but when it is faced with real life union demands, well, the courts are asked to save them from union excess.

'Star Tribune' Asks Judge to Cancel Contract With Printer's Union

Don't you love it how liberals are universally for unions, until it effects their own pockets, then suddenly unions aren't so great. So much for the "unions are not causing businesses to fail" theory of economics. Now we have an example of it from liberal land.

Werbung:
I thought someone might bring that up, which is why I posted a link to the urban dictionary, which was entered back in early 2006.

Obviously it has been, or it would not have made it into the dictionary, and not so far back as 2006.

Of course, also obvious, is that it likely is only known as the Red Star, by conservative circles. Likely the average joe who doesn't see bias, likely isn't running in those circles to know it's called that. But this isn't the first time I've heard it referred to as the Red Star Tribune myself.

I thought someone might bring that up, which is why I posted a link to the urban dictionary, which was entered back in early 2006.

Obviously it has been, or it would not have made it into the dictionary, and not so far back as 2006.

Of course, also obvious, is that it likely is only known as the Red Star, by conservative circles. Likely the average joe who doesn't see bias, likely isn't running in those circles to know it's called that. But this isn't the first time I've heard it referred to as the Red Star Tribune myself.

Our paper in Eugene

The Register Guard is always called the Red Guard by conservatives because its a communist rag paper full of lies and bias Propaganda

The left will never be brave enough to attack anything that can fight back. It's pretty easy to attack Palin on a forum. Fighting actual terrorist? Are you kidding? They have guns!

HA! A woman can do many things. Cause a liberals to spawn a spine, is not one of them! :)

Well

I was once a bigger liberal than the top 5 in this forum combined. I could not say the word United States without at least 5 insults. I was fixated on the bad in our country and could not see the good. I used to think toilet paper should be free to all Americans. I thought the USSR was cool and Castro oppressed. I hated Reagan and loved Carter.........

and look at me now :)

Well

I was once a bigger liberal than the top 5 in this forum combined. I could not say the word United States without at least 5 insults. I was fixated on the bad in our country and could not see the good. I used to think toilet paper should be free to all Americans. I thought the USSR was cool and Castro oppressed. I hated Reagan and loved Carter.........

Me too! :D

I was for gun control, against evil corporations, for saving the ozone layer, stopping CFCs and Freon, tax cuts for the evil Rich, and programs for the poor (which was always me in my view). A super liberal idiot myself!

Oddly... I started thinking about these issues... suddenly... I wasn't liberal anymore. Really strange. <cough>

I was for gun control, against evil corporations, for saving the ozone layer, stopping CFCs and Freon, tax cuts for the evil Rich, and programs for the poor (which was always me in my view). A super liberal idiot myself!

Oddly... I started thinking about these issues... suddenly... I wasn't liberal anymore. Really strange. <cough>

See we both grew spines and the rest can too :)

See we both grew spines and the rest can too :)

I don't know about you, but I simply had to choose to find out the truth of each topic on my own. I'm not sure if you could "show the light" to one of these liberals, and get it to 'click'. Possibly someone who wasn't sure either way...

But most liberals have the same view about information sources as do dogmatic religious people. As in, since you are not a liberal, like they are, then you can't possibly have good information to share.

Only when they start to question their own views themselves will they realize how backward their thinking is.

I am sure those are the same Joe's who think anything left of Fox is Liberal commie stuff.

The left will never be brave enough to attack anything that can fight back. It's pretty easy to attack Palin on a forum. Fighting actual terrorist? Are you kidding? They have guns!

really? so what about liberals in the military ( yes they exist even if republicans like to think they don't)

Obama sent 17,000 more troops to Afghanistan ...you know where the Taliban and Al Qaeda who actually attacked us on 911 are....is he not liberal, or where the troops not armed maybe?

Or maybe you think I am soft on terrorist....or maybe I am not liberal...but of course you cant find one place I have not been hard on terrorism...

more Worthless drive with no basis trying to lump all of left to some ideal that some on the right have decided fits all.

Well

yea , overcompensated....now your the same , just on the other side....still wrong.

Werbung:

so you are now for no gun control at all, Evil corperations are good, for geting rid of the ozone, pumping more cfc's and freon, and ( ok that tax cut one, I think you screwed up there) and now say Screw the poor do nothing for them....

Must be nice

Back