Libertarian Tyranny

Jason76

Libertarians think corporations are the greatest thing since apple pie. However, in my view, corporations can be as tyrannical as big government. For instance, take a look at the late 1800s and early 1900s. Often corporations had no regulation from the government. Therefore, they abused their power to the utmost degree.

Another facet of libertarian tyranny is morals. Libertarians think everything should be legal, including hard drugs which have been shown to be horribly destructive, like herion, pain pills, or crack cocaine. How would legalizing these substances make things better?

Finally, the last facet of libertarian tryanny involves isolationism. Isolationism would be incredibly dangerous and utterly stupid in this age of radical Islamic terror. Its not time for the USA to be soft. Pulling back to the US doesn't mean the terrorists will pull back. They have the possiblity of gaining nukes, and even smallpox for their arsenal.

Last edited:
Werbung:
Libertarians think corporations are the greatest thing since apple pie. However, in my view, corporations can be as tyrannical as big government. For instance, take a look at the late 1800s and early 1900s. Often corporations had no regulation from the government. Therefore, they abused their power to the utmost degree.

Another facet of libertarian tyranny is morals. Libertarians think everything should be legal, including hard drugs which have been shown to be horribly destructive, like herion, pain pills, or crack cocaine. How would legalizing these substances make things better?

Finally, the last facet of libertarian tryanny involves isolationism. Isolationism would be incredibly dangerous and utterly stupid in this age of radical Islamic terror. Its not time for the USA to be soft. Pulling back to the US doesn't mean the terrorists will pull back. They have the possiblity of gaining nukes, and even smallpox for their arsenal.
I agree with some of the things you said, and disagree with some of the things you said. But one thing really stuck out for me, and that's the last paragraph, in its entirety. Hiding in our own little corner of the world isn't going to convince anyone else, regardless of how sincere we are, to just live and let live. We're involved in a stand off to see who can posture the best and piss the furthest. If we show any weakness at all, they're all going to pounce. I've seen this happen on National Geographic. It's never pretty.

Werbung:
I agree with some of the things you said, and disagree with some of the things you said. But one thing really stuck out for me, and that's the last paragraph, in its entirety. Hiding in our own little corner of the world isn't going to convince anyone else, regardless of how sincere we are, to just live and let live. We're involved in a stand off to see who can posture the best and piss the furthest. If we show any weakness at all, they're all going to pounce. I've seen this happen on National Geographic. It's never pretty.

Weakness never pays off. For instance, our nation was humilated in the Iranian Crisis of 1980. Notice as soon as Reagan too office the hostages were freed. In other words, Carter's weak image never gained us more respect, at least in the eyes of our sworn enemies.

On the other hand, there are parts of world that can defend themselves like Japan or Germany. We should leave those places.

Back