1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Discuss politics - join our community by registering for free here! HOP - the political discussion forum

Lieberman gets to keep chairmanship

Discussion in 'U.S. Politics' started by Popeye, Nov 18, 2008.

1. Popeye

Popeye Active Member

I'm disgusted and extremely disillusioned by this vote which was supposedly 43-12. The fact that it was a secret ballot shows that those that voted in favor of Lieberman are attempting to avoid retribution from the left...same old politics.. a bunch of BS.

http://greenmountaindaily.com/showDiary.do?diaryId=3642

2. pocketfullofshells

pocketfullofshells Well-Known Member

land of 10,000 lakes and 2 senators again
    Obama said he wants to work accross the board with all sides, he this was a good way to show that. If Dems cant even work with Leiberman ( who I hate I should add) then how can they say they will work with republicans. Well done , and I think in large part to Obama's supporting of him staying.

3. Libsmasher

Libsmasher New Member

This is a clever trick the libs are pulling. First, they realize in punishing Lieberman they would be cutting off their nose to spite their face. They want to keep their possibility of having the supermajority necessary to invoke cloture, thus removing the last impediment to their leftwing legislative agenda. They are very close to this, and they don't want to blow it. Second, this move will be well publicized by their lib media lap kitties as an example of "reaching out" or "moderation" - when it's actually effective cover for their coming surge of leftwing extremism. They also stripped Liebermann of minor committees, as a sop to their revenge-minded colleagues who can't grasp the big picture.

4. BigRob

BigRob Well-Known Member

I find it amusing that Obama stated:
    According to CNN:
    Far cry from his ""That's what happens when lobbyists set the agenda and that's why they won't drown out your voices anymore when I am president of the United States of America" comments during the campaign.