Lieberman gets to keep chairmanship

Werbung:
Obama said he wants to work accross the board with all sides, he this was a good way to show that. If Dems cant even work with Leiberman ( who I hate I should add) then how can they say they will work with republicans. Well done , and I think in large part to Obama's supporting of him staying.

This is a clever trick the libs are pulling. First, they realize in punishing Lieberman they would be cutting off their nose to spite their face. They want to keep their possibility of having the supermajority necessary to invoke cloture, thus removing the last impediment to their leftwing legislative agenda. They are very close to this, and they don't want to blow it. Second, this move will be well publicized by their lib media lap kitties as an example of "reaching out" or "moderation" - when it's actually effective cover for their coming surge of leftwing extremism. They also stripped Liebermann of minor committees, as a sop to their revenge-minded colleagues who can't grasp the big picture.

Werbung:
I'm disgusted and extremely disillusioned by this vote which was supposedly 43-12. The fact that it was a secret ballot shows that those that voted in favor of Lieberman are attempting to avoid retribution from the left...same old politics.. a bunch of BS.

http://greenmountaindaily.com/showDiary.do?diaryId=3642

I find it amusing that Obama stated:
"I am running to tell the lobbyists in Washington that their days of setting the agenda are over. They have not funded my campaign. They won't work in my White House."

According to CNN:
Just this weekend The New York times published a list of names -- a rather long list of names of people -- who are working on Obama's transition team or who have accepted jobs in his White House who are either former lobbyists or who have close ties to lobbyists.

The Times reports that some of those people were lobbying as recently as this year.

Far cry from his ""That's what happens when lobbyists set the agenda and that's why they won't drown out your voices anymore when I am president of the United States of America" comments during the campaign.

Back